• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW Crowds on Superbowl Sunday

Beauty & the Best

Its all so magical!
I'm not very interested in the game this year, so I was thinking of heading to Disney for the day.

Does anyone have experience with going to WDW on Superbowl Sunday? I'm wondering if it's going to be crazy crowded.

I have checked the crowd calendar but I'd like to hear people's experience.

Also b/c of superbowl in Tampa people may be daytripping, but I thought they might not on the actual game day...your thoughts?

I'd also be interested in a report. In addition to the parks, I'm also curious about the bars, restaurants, and resorts with tvs. TIA :earsboy:

Watching world news tonight and it was reported that the Super Bowl was expecting 50 thousand LESS people to the area due to recession. I think the area will not be a mad house. We are leaving in the morning.

We are going too. We were at MK 2 weeks ago and it was CRAZY! I hope we get a slow week sometime this year. It's really getting to the point of not being worth it. Six Flags is looking better and better :scratchin

This will be my third visit to wdw during the superbowl and am curious to see what it will be like since the game is in tampa this year. In the past the parks have been less crowded on game day. One yr we watched the game at POR where it was packed, no empty seats (and I hear that's pretty much the case anywhere that has a TV and bar). Last yr we skipped the game and hit MK where most rides were walk on or 10-15 min wait at the most. Not sure if I wanna watch the game this yr or not, will most likely end up at Epcot instead.

ETA
...I'm more worried about crowds after sunday's game.

I would imagine the ESPN Club will be filled to capacity.

Dennis-

We're leaving Sunday too - Lets hope the weather is warm and the crowds are low.

Right now they are predicting a Huge Nor'ester for Tuesday in CT....Oh boy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter