WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Even if they are open the restrictions will not be magical in any way humanly enjoyable in my opinion. At first I thought we would just go to show support. Now I am thinking maybe 2021. We will hold our September just in case the world becomes more reasonable with it's paranoia and pessimism. Who on this EARTH travels anywhere to wear a mask?! Restrictions are not profitable and don't promote fun on vacation. I can have more fun sitting on my porch with a bottle of Jameson than wearing a mask in line six feet apart for POC at Disney taking my temperature. And don't tell me the resorts are a party all the time with the pools closed which you can surmise they will be in July. (Can you tell I'm posting on my porch, with a bottle of Jamerson?)
that is what I am worried about.... ugh

I have a September vacation and when I called WDW to change my resort, the CM I spoke to said things should be up and operating by then.

Right now, a CM has just as much information as you do with regard to when the parks will be open. Of course they would say this versus needing to refund your vacation package.

Even if they are open the restrictions will not be magical in any way humanly enjoyable in my opinion. At first I thought we would just go to show support. Now I am thinking maybe 2021. We will hold our September just in case the world becomes more reasonable with it's paranoia and pessimism. Who on this EARTH travels anywhere to wear a mask?! Restrictions are not profitable and don't promote fun on vacation. I can have more fun sitting on my porch with a bottle of Jameson than wearing a mask in line six feet apart for POC at Disney taking my temperature. And don't tell me the resorts are a party all the time with the pools closed which you can surmise they will be in July. (Can you tell I'm posting on my porch, with a bottle of Jamerson?)
Why not give your money to another park when they open? There is other parks that are only encouraging masks.

Disney has made no official statements regarding the reopening of theme parks including guest and staff procedures. At this time Disney Springs requires social distancing and masks among other things in order to gain entrance.

Do we know for sure that Disney will require masks? Or are we just speculating?
CM union agreement says masks will be mandatory for all guests and employees. Disney Springs, the first property to open in FL, is mandating masks. How long masks will be mandatory is another issue that we have no official announcement on.

Another reservation impacted by an update to show parks closed and still no email. That's now 3 reservations involved in closures and I have gotten zero emails about my reservations being impacted. Strange. Dates were check-in Wednesday, 6/10, check-out Sunday, 6/14. Will cancel this one later today to reclaim the gift card balance used to pay the deposit. We have one more long weekend backup trip scheduled for late July and a week long trip for our Labor Day week vacation. Will continue to hold out hope that one or both of those will happen. I feel pretty confident that they'll be open for the Labor Day week one, just not 100% that we'll actually want to go.

if you hear the press conference the Mayor said he is expecting all 3 to present their opening plans but only Universal will talk about them. Like hertamaniac pointed out, he also says that it will take 12 to 24 hours for him (Demings) to review and send to DeSantis/ The 3 parks have been a part of both task forces on the county and state level, they already have presented plans to both the mayor and the governor (which he uses now as guidelines for his phased reopening) so this is more of a formality, each park might have slight changes but they all 3 agreed to keep them as uniform as possible so visiting guests are not confused when they come and go from park to park

On CNBC last night they reported that Disney told them they are NOT presenting a reopening plan today. So I'm confused.

I was scheduled to arrive June 7 reservation cancelled as well as all dining reservations even the one at Disney Springs.

Disney said they will not be presenting their plan/potential opening date today. Universal is - personally, I think Disney is waiting to see what Universal’s plan is and how the public responds to it so they can learn from any mistakes made there.
Yes, to a point.
i think they have been communicating some too. They both know if one screws up, they both will see a negative impact.
I also don’t see one or the other opening more than a day or two apart. They don’t want to let people go to a competitor if they can avoid it.

from a safety stand point, the CDC has announced that the virus doesn’t spread easy from surfaces. That’s a plus I am sure when considering letting a place open that has many areas not being cleaned frequently, like a park

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter