WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I cancelled my June 6th reservation because I didn't want to make full payment. I wonder if they happen offer anything again I would be entitled. What do you guys think?
Not sure if it will be the same but my sister cancelled her April res about a week before they officially closed. After I got the free dining she called back and rebooked and got it.

Not sure if it will be the same but my sister cancelled her April res about a week before they officially closed. After I got the free dining she called back and rebooked and got it.
It all depends on the fine print of the offer. The guest recovery (free dining) offer said that anyone who had trips impacted from closures were entitled. So we’ll have to see if they do another recovery offer and what it looks like.

People definitely won't stay 6ft apart in America too. I wonder how many of the more optimistic people have spent any significant time in essential businesses, retail locations and such, and seen how people are already following instructions. This is to say nothing of the fact that 6ft is not a magic barrier that protects you when it can hang in the air for hours.

Wish it was in English so I could understand!! Also, the people definitely were not always 6 feet apart especially while interviewing. Just my thoughts......

6 feet apart... this is never going to be a reality at a theme park, stadium, concert, wedding, city street, grocery store or anywhere else in a world of 7 billion humans. We need to get used to the fact that we will either not have a life worth living or a life at all if we deny that nature needs to run it's course and we need to evolve with it. Six feet apart is never going work or be enforceable. The future is here and it is now and you are either apart of it or under your bed hiding from it. I shouldn't have had that second glass of wine...and now the cat wants treats, alas.

6 feet apart... this is never going to be a reality at a theme park, stadium, concert, wedding, city street, grocery store or anywhere else in a world of 7 billion humans. We need to get used to the fact that we will either not have a life worth living or a life at all if we deny that nature needs to run it's course and we need to evolve with it. Six feet apart is never going work or be enforceable. The future is here and it is now and you are either apart of it or under your bed hiding from it. I shouldn't have had that second glass of wine...and now the cat wants treats, alas.

There has been study after study after study that shows social distancing does work, so I'm not really sure what you mean.

There has been study after study after study that shows social distancing does work, so I'm not really sure what you mean.

I am convinced it works. I am convinced it would slow the virus. It is just not going to be feasible at the places I mentioned. Maintaining 6 feet apart at Disneyworld is not going to happen in reality, not with kids running around and lines for this and that QS locations, parades, fireworks, shows etc. Maybe if they only allowed 10K in the parks and had the distance police watching everyone. Sorry to negative but there it is.

People definitely won't stay 6ft apart in America too. I wonder how many of the more optimistic people have spent any significant time in essential businesses, retail locations and such, and seen how people are already following instructions. This is to say nothing of the fact that 6ft is not a magic barrier that protects you when it can hang in the air for hours.

Those were simply my observations. I have been in many retail locations (essential ones) as that is part of a second job that I have and I know that people are not doing 6 feet in those either. I am not of the camp that says to keep everything closed. Honestly if Disney would open tomorrow with no restrictions, my family would be there. I am all for opening up America since we have flattened the curve. Anyways, those were simply observations and not concerns....

I cancelled my June 6th reservation because I didn't want to make full payment. I wonder if they happen offer anything again I would be entitled. What do you guys think?
I am curious about this too. I have a late June trip and am waiting to see if Disney cancels or shares info about a discount for June.
This is nice to hear.

Our trip is 6/4 (yes, I’m aware it’s probably not happening) and they said we do not owe final payment until one week prior to arrival.
Oh, I did not realize that. That means I can keep my trip live a little while longer to watch and wait and see what Disney does. My regular 45 day final payment deadline would be coming up soon and I have been waiting to see what will happen for June trips before I made payments.

Anyone know what a typical day was like before the pandemic?
Can't say for this specific period, but when I was there in summer (late August), it was the worst crowds I've ever experienced. The queues to get in were horrendous at opening, shoulder to shoulder in 100 degrees weather. On our arrival day we arrived at 3pm, and we could just walk in. In the summer 3 digit wait times are the norm for all major rides (Tron, Soaring, etc.). The last hour before closing was the best time to get a lot done, when everyone was waiting for the fireworks. The good thing is that the park is very large, so that when you walk from A to B, you do not really notice the crowds constantly. If I remember correctly, the theaters for the Tarzan & Pirates shows both hold a lot of people, so that helped spreading as well. In the in the end,

I would love to go back, but will only go outside of school / national holidays. Also would go back for Shanghai, the city really was a pleasant surprise :)

I am curious about this too. I have a late June trip and am waiting to see if Disney cancels or shares info about a discount for June.
This is nice to hear.

Oh, I did not realize that. That means I can keep my trip live a little while longer to watch and wait and see what Disney does. My regular 45 day final payment deadline would be coming up soon and I have been waiting to see what will happen for June trips before I made payments.

Please let know if you hear anything about June!

Also, I ask about the final payment not being due and she said that isn't true anymore, also I received many emails from Disney asking final payment. I hope I didn't cancel under the wrong information, some of the cast members are more informative then others.

Our trip is 6/4 (yes, I’m aware it’s probably not happening) and they said we do not owe final payment until one week prior to arrival.
my trip starts June 7 and I had to make final payment by May 8, I got at least 2 emails. DO you have a package or room only reservation, I think that could be the difference in due date

Odd that the markers in Shanghai are only 1 meter apart which is more like 3 feet and not 6.

Odd that the markers in Shanghai are only 1 meter apart which is more like 3 feet and not 6.
Yea I heard that on the walks through video they released before the opening... But I didn’t want to get yelled at by a moderator for talking about social distancing! But I do think a loosened restriction like that could make things easier to open a park

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter