• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Is the free dining just for people who trips were cancelled ?? Does it apply to people who have summer dates and DVC ?

Is the free dining just for people who trips were cancelled ?? Does it apply to people who have summer dates and DVC ?
It only applies to the people whose trips were cancelled. I got the email and my trip was scheduled for March 21-26. The details are on their website. So I imagine any guest that had/has a trip scheduled while Disney is closed can take advantage of the offer. But we have APs, so it’s not really something we can use.

There’s nothing else, I guess. If you didn’t actually ask them if pass holders could get the fd with just a room only reservation. Lol.

I was just trying to give you info. because your original post sounded like you didn’t know that AP holders could get fd.
I know in the past the only way is if I purchased tickets as part of a package. I still assume it will be that way by the verbiage Disney uses.

We are renting points through a DVC member Memorial Day week and just now I was able to alter a fastpass for May 27th but all dining change are blocked out. All of my reservations/fastpasses are still there.... holding out a sliver of hope still.

So we have a trip arriving May 13. We haven't gotten an email, but we booked it ourselves not through a travel agent. Is Disney sending this email or your travel agent? Or are they only canceling some peoples reservations & ours wasn't cancelled (yet)?

You should be getting an e-mail. Even if you don't, you can still call WDW and ask about the offer.

It's for guests with reservations booked from March 16 through May 31. If anyone canceled a reservation prior to March 1, they are not eligible. Dates beyond May 31 are not eligible. I'm assuming it only applies to DVC resorts if the villa was booked with cash through WDTC, but it does not specify. A DVC owner who booked with points could certainly call and see if they would honor the promo, but one could not use points to book a package, of course.

"Eligible Guests can take advantage of a vacation package offer that includes accommodations at a select Disney Resort hotel, park admission and a Disney dining plan – valid for arrivals most nights June 1 through September 30, 2020 when you book through May 31, 2020.

This offer is valid only for Guests who booked a vacation package or room reservation to stay at a Disney Resort hotel from March 16 through May 31, 2020 (even if the park opens before then). Offer not valid for reservations cancelled before March 1, 2020.

Guests who are eligible for this offer are receiving communication directly from Disney about this opportunity"

We rescheduled our 3/21-3/28 trip right after the first closure announcement to 6/5-6/12 with the sun and fun room discount. We didn’t get an email about the free dining, but I called anyway. After 3 hours on hold I talked to a very nice CM who explained that free dining couldn’t be combined with any other offers. Since we had the fun and sun discount we didn’t get the email. She easily switched us back to room and ticket package without the discount and was able to apply the free dining. It’s worth a call if you cancelled a trip but didn’t get the email.

Decisions decisions...do we keep our already rescheduled trip that is currently May 29-June 6? Or do I reschedule a second time to be after June 1st? I cannot get any help or definite response from CMs, and I understand completely why. They know just as much as we do.

Every CM I have talked too via phone or chat have been so sweet and understanding of the stress we all are experiencing with the fluidity of the date changes and the unknown.

I can answer half your question because I have no idea how summer dates will be handled down the road.

We had a March reservation booked with (rented) DVC points and received the free dining email.

If they want to leave the parks closed and re-open Ft Wilderness for campers who are bringing their own food and homes on wheels, I'll be more than happy to social distance there without the park :) May 6-10, fingers crossed.

Yes, it’s only for those whose trips fell within the closure period. If you are booked for arrival after June 1st, it won’t be available to you (unless maybe the closure is extended but let’s hope not).

Enjoy your vacation!

So I have a reservation for April 8-16 which to my understanding will be cancelled by DVC automatically. We have annual passes do I assume a rescheduled trip will not be eligible for the free dining

So I have a reservation for April 8-16 which to my understanding will be cancelled by DVC automatically. We have annual passes do I assume a rescheduled trip will not be eligible for the free dining

Technically you’d be eligible as long as they continue offering it to everyone with a reservation but you’d have to buy tickets you don’t immediately need as part of a package and pay cash for the new room.

what is the phone number to call for the FD reservation? it has been so long since I had to call. thanks

Anybody have any luck getting refund on tickets? I keep getting the run around they want me to reschedule but we cannot unfortunately. Not sure what to do.

Walt Disney World is preparing to open back up to guests on June 1, 2020 or sooner and is now offering FREE DINING to guests booking a vacation package from June 1, 2020 - September 30, 2020 who cancelled their vacation between March 16, 2020 - May 31, 2020.

Dreams Unlimited Travel will offer a $50 Disney Gift Card to any clients booking this vacation package. If you booked with Dreams Unlimited Travel, contact your agent. If you didn't book through Dreams Unlimited Travel, but want to take advantage of this bonus offer, send an email to future_bookings@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com and an agent will be in touch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter