WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Do we expect Disney is going to mass email what is next? Should I just plan on calling first thing as phones open tomorrow?

We booked our trip through Costco. I'm on hold with their main number. Their Disney specific number is down. I can cancel tonight and get 1/2 our money back but I'm afraid doing that will limit any other options. If I don't reach them tonight I may be out the entirety of the cost. UGH

Which route did you plan to take through Orlando? Someone might be able to suggest a good detour.

We are going to slide up 95 instead of the Turnpike to avoid Orlando. Still worried about Spring Breakers booking it home from Daytona. I hope everyone stays calm and drives safely. I feel for y'all. Disney closing just breaks my heart.

Any speculation why the hotels are staying open? I know WDW would have people staying much longer than DLR, but DLR are only remaining open 2 days after parks.

Any speculation why the hotels are staying open? I know WDW would have people staying much longer than DLR, but DLR are only remaining open 2 days after parks.

Probably a topic more for the Resorts board but I suspect they may do something with the resorts eventually too. Winding down the DL resorts is one thing - WDW is a whole different animal in terms of the room count. So my guess is they're hedging a bit to develop a plan.

I am truly sorry for everyone who has their trip affected by this, but perhaps the silver lining is that Disney can get a lot of needed maintenance done on rides, buildings etc.

Non essential Disney Workers, contracters, etc maybe told to stay home as well

I wonder if they will adjust AP holders passes to reflect the days they could've gone?
Wondering about this myself, since we bought APs this year to cover 3 trips, we've taken the first one so the clock is ticking on our 365 days. Health and safety is of course our #1 priority, but it sure would be nice to have an extension of some sort. If we can't go in April, it will be down to 2 trips and not really worth it to have bought APs.

So sorry for the people who had March plans. That really stinks. My guess is that April will be an issue, too - at least early April. We have plans to be there April 16-22. IF they are open and the chaos has died down I expect it to be VERY crowded with all the March people rescheduling in April.

Really going to be interesting to see how this plays out. DO they give them refund? DO they let them stay for free? .........

He hasn’t talked to anyone about it yet becuase he’s too bummed. He said they’re still planning to go the next three days. I assume they’d like to stay at the hotel till they leave Wednesday so they don’t have to figure o it flight stuff too. I told him to try and talk to someone after he eats dinner. He’s a working musician in Nashville so being out theme park tickets for 3 days would really stink but not having to figure out flying back before they were supposed to might help that blow.

Wondering about this myself, since we bought APs this year to cover 3 trips, we've taken the first one so the clock is ticking on our 365 days. Health and safety is of course our #1 priority, but it sure would be nice to have an extension of some sort. If we can't go in April, it will be down to 2 trips and not really worth it to have bought APs.

We are in this situation too. Two trips planned on APs, the long one now cancelled. So we bought APs for 2, plus TIW for a 6 night trip 😬.

I kinda think that you will be refunded the entire resort stay if that stay extended into the closed park days and you decided not to come because of that. Due to the short notice of park closure and the difficulty of getting through on the phone, I doubt that the cancellation deadline would apply (was something like 28 days ago for package stays).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter