WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I have just resigned myself that my trip will be cancelled. In all reality I probably would have cancelled anyways, it is better for Disney to make us make better choices

I want Disney to make the call for me. Rationally I know we should be cancelling. Emotionally it hurts knowing we *could* go and be fine. We had such a perfect trip lined up its really hard to voluntarily let it go, money aside.

Our trip is supposed to start Saturday. At this point, given DL, I want WDW to go ahead and close so I can get full refunds on my hotel, DAH tickets, Star Wars Dessert party, Cirlce of Nights, etc. If I cancel before then, I don't think I would get full refunds, as some of those events are not scheudled far enough out in 2020 to be able to transfer it to a new 2020 trip. Boo.

I feel for all those with trips soon. If you look at the crowd calendar for DLParis they are well down on visitor numbers since the shows and parade's have been called off. Maybe the same could happen at WDW?

Is it possible to cancel entry to non hotel WDW guests? Would it keep the numbers down to a crowd percentage that's safe like Paris?

I've had a rough month and my end of April trip for 2 weeks at Polynesian was my one thing getting me through it. This is unbelievable. Feels like we're living in a movie right now. I'll hold off cancelling until I'm forced to.

For me whether I'm at home or in WDW, I have just as much risk so I still fully intend to go. But if the worst case does indeed happen, so be it? Hopefully come end of April there will be some relief. If not, then we can work with other dates. Just can't imagine the task at hand to close parks and deal with all the reservations from resorts, dining, events, etc. Wow. What a year this has been so far. Depressing. Unfathomable.

I feel for all those with trips soon. If you look at the crowd calendar for DLParis they are well down on visitor numbers since the shows and parade's have been called off. Maybe the same could happen at WDW?

Is it possible to cancel entry to non hotel WDW guests? Would it keep the numbers down to a crowd percentage that's safe like Paris?

I think if there was a way to keep the parks open Disneyland would be doing it too. It’s not just actual risk, it’s optics and a giant PR mess if something should happen at a Disney park while so many other closures and event cancellations happened around them. NBA was the dam breaking.

DLP not being in the US and under the same scrutiny no doubt is playing a role.

I think if there was a way to keep the parks open Disneyland would be doing it too. It’s not just actual risk, it’s optics and a giant PR mess if something should happen at a Disney park while so many other closures and event cancellations happened around them. NBA was the dam breaking.

DLP not being in the US and under the same scrutiny no doubt is playing a role.

That would be ironic if the only Disney property open in the world was Paris.

Question has their ever been a time that a Disney park since Walt's death was not operating somewhere in the world?

I said like a month ago planning a March trip this year has been the weirdest ever. So many FP changes after our window opened, BGs, DHS mess.

If only I really knew the storm that was coming. 😳

You and I frequent the same threads often. You may have seen how happy I was about all the FP+ I got because of hour changes and MMRR opening. It was going to be a dream day at HS. I really hope that if Disney closes they will apply anytime FP+ to my account and I can have that dream trip another day soon because I only got that dream vacation at 60+1 due to all the crazy shifts so I know I can't get those times again outside of 60+3 etc.

I have a WDW trip planned for mid April just before the break. Maybe I should cancel our hotel and flights or wait it out? Was really looking forward to this trip.

Our trip is supposed to start Saturday. At this point, given DL, I want WDW to go ahead and close so I can get full refunds on my hotel, DAH tickets, Star Wars Dessert party, Cirlce of Nights, etc. If I cancel before then, I don't think I would get full refunds, as some of those events are not scheudled far enough out in 2020 to be able to transfer it to a new 2020 trip. Boo.
I just said the same to my DH. We are suppose to fly out 3/14-3/21. If they are closing, just pull the bandaid off already. I have so many extras planned too., :(

So I wonder, if they do close, do they automatically delete our vacations for us (those of scheduled for less than 30 days) and refund, or if we have to call to get it refunded (and all extras with it). I hate the idea of calling in and being stuck on the phone for hours. Last time I had to call about booking something, it took an excessively long time for me to get someone through Disney Signature Services.

After 65 minutes on hold, I found out that I have been upgraded from Port Orleans Riverside to The Beach Club! There's no way I can cancel now! I would never have been able to afford that on my own and it's always been a bucket list resort for me.
Oh. How? We did Beach Club last time. We loved it!! We have Port Orleans this trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter