WDW Commando Club

Just found this thread and am enjoying reading it. I think I qualify - I have spreadsheets for hotels, discounts, meals and travel for a trip over a year away, and we aren't even sure we are going. But dang it if I'm not prepared when we decide! Before FP+ our record (hubby and I) for rides in one day was 26 - in June, at the magic kingdom. Space mountain five or six times, can't remember. Obviously, the new FP+ is kind of a bummer for us but we will figure it out! :)

26 rides in a day is impressive. We did well hoarding legacy FPs until the end of the day. The new system isn't bad, and I hope to figure it out as well.

So working on my packing list & I'm considering wearing workout pants in the parks. They are high quality active wear, but I would never wear them out & about (grocery, school, restaurant etc.) at home. Only to walk/rollerblade at the park. What do you think? I mean its a vacation after all, but I'm willing to hear out the dissenters.

You're on vacation. Enjoy it.

Disclaimer - I always dress very unformal and have no sense of style. :lmao:

26 rides in a day is impressive. We did well hoarding legacy FPs until the end of the day. The new system isn't bad, and I hope to figure it out as well. :

That's basically what we did. We follow easywdw's plans in general, particularly for standby rides, and would grab fastpass as we go. We doubled up as much as possible and took advantage of the fact that barnstormer wasn't connected to the system. We had as many as 3 at a time! I will say, though, I needed a nap around 2. It was hard work, haha!

Last time we went, you were not able to get a fourth FP+, so we tried to be strategic with the standby rides and scheduled FP between 11-2. I miss the convenience of riding things repeatedly, but not having to criss cross the park was kind of nice, I will admit. Next time we will be with kiddos, so that makes things easier I'm sure.

So working on my packing list & I'm considering wearing workout pants in the parks. They are high quality active wear, but I would never wear them out & about (grocery, school, restaurant etc.) at home. Only to walk/rollerblade at the park. What do you think? I mean its a vacation after all, but I'm willing to hear out the dissenters.

This is something I have no idea about:confused3 Just figure the weather to be in the 90's so as long as you will be comfortable in them go for it:thumbsup2

We have axed the Nov trip due to outrageous airline prices and flights already full so we can not get the flights we want (that week is Jersey week and seems like everyone in NJ goes that week) :furious:

But there is good news we are now doing 2 trips one in Sept and one in Dec, now go figure the price of both these flights put together is still a few hundred cheaper then the one in Oct, so now we are getting a extra 2days between the trips and will also be going to MNSSHP & MVMCP:cool1:, Sept trip is 26-29 and will be staying at All Star Movies:thumbsup2

As much as I wanted to go in Nov, after doing the math I now get 2 trips as a Commando I must maximize our Disney time:worship:

We have axed the Nov trip due to outrageous airline prices and flights already full so we can not get the flights we want (that week is Jersey week and seems like everyone in NJ goes that week) :furious:

But there is good news we are now doing 2 trips one in Sept and one in Dec, now go figure the price of both these flights put together is still a few hundred cheaper then the one in Oct, so now we are getting a extra 2days between the trips and will also be going to MNSSHP & MVMCP:cool1:, Sept trip is 26-29 and will be staying at All Star Movies:thumbsup2

As much as I wanted to go in Nov, after doing the math I now get 2 trips as a Commando I must maximize our Disney time:worship:

Aw, c'mon man! There goes our meet up. :mad:
Harumph. Well, at least I can appreciate and be happy that you'll gt 2 trips.

Hello Commandos,

Looking for a resort bar/rest that will be showing the Tampa Bay game on 10/5. I know we can go to ESPN Club, but it's a MK day for us & I would like to stay as close as possible. Anyone know of anything at the Bay Lake resorts? TIA.

Aw, c'mon man! There goes our meet up. :mad:
Harumph. Well, at least I can appreciate and be happy that you'll gt 2 trips.

Yep....I know how you feel:sad:
I'm arriving on the 8th will you still be there?

Sorry guys:guilty:, I just couldn't see spending over double on the flight and loose a day besides, when I can do a whole trip for pretty much just the cost of what that flight would have cost:scratching

In a 24hr period since I booked Sept, Transportation, Resort, FP+'s, ADR's & MNSSHP are all now booked:cool1:

All 4days of the trip we start in a different park I modified times so they will by back to back so around Noon each day we will be able to make a 4th FP, most likely we will be heading to a different park:thumbsup2. It pretty much looks like we will be in 3 parks daily except for the last day:cool1:

Hello Commandos,

Looking for a resort bar/rest that will be showing the Tampa Bay game on 10/5. I know we can go to ESPN Club, but it's a MK day for us & I would like to stay as close as possible. Anyone know of anything at the Bay Lake resorts? TIA.

The only places that come to mind is ESPN maybe Splitzville in DTD, or Shula's lounge (but that's Dolphins territory:lmao:)

I would maybe try in the Contemporary or Grand Floridian

Since our maximum number of pages for a thread is quickly creeping up, soon I will be starting WDW Commando Club II:cool1:

Now the question is do we want to keep it - To Infinity And Beyond or change it something like - FP+ And Beyond, or if any of you can come up with something else, I'm all up for ideas, even if someone would like to be in charge of posting member trip dates for possible meet ups, or birthdays, maybe someone has a WDW subject they know a lot about and would like to be a expert for that subject etc.:confused3

Since we will have a new thread it is a Great opportunity to expand our horizons and work as a TEAM (Together Everyone Achieves More:thumbsup2) and make the next thread one of the best and most helpful on the Disboards:worship:

If anyone is interested on a position just post it and when I start the next thread I will PM you so you can save a post for future use on the 1st page:confused3

Since our maximum number of pages for a thread is quickly creeping up, soon I will be starting WDW Commando Club II:cool1:

Now the question is do we want to keep it - To Infinity And Beyond or change it something like - FP+ And Beyond, or if any of you can come up with something else, I'm all up for ideas, even if someone would like to be in charge of posting member trip dates for possible meet ups, or birthdays, maybe someone has a WDW subject they know a lot about and would like to be a expert for that subject etc.:confused3

Since we will have a new thread it is a Great opportunity to expand our horizons and work as a TEAM (Together Everyone Achieves More:thumbsup2) and make the next thread one of the best and most helpful on the Disboards:worship:

If anyone is interested on a position just post it and when I start the next thread I will PM you so you can save a post for future use on the 1st page:confused3

How about this for a title, Disney Commando Club, It's not what you think!

Can I join? I suspect I may be a commando. :blush:

Went when DD1 was 3 and DD2 was infant, and had some plans from one of the tour books, but still kinda wandering about, maybe grabbing a FP once for the heck of it outta the kiosk.

Went back when DD1 was maybe 7 and DD2 was 3 and had firmed up a plan, ADRs, etc. but still kind of moseying along.

Going this year at Christmas, with DD1 - 14, DD2 - 11 and DD3 - 4. I got a sixty-seven item color coded glossy spreadsheet with pictures and arrows on the back of each one. I've told girls absolutely NO stopping for character greets if it's not already on the schedule, cause dangit, that's what Character dining is FOR! They have been informed sleep is for when NOT at Disney, they WILL be up in time to be at parks at LEAST an hour before RD, and I DON'T want to hear any WHINING or ELSE!!

It's gonna be magical!

Can I join? I suspect I may be a commando. :blush:

Went when DD1 was 3 and DD2 was infant, and had some plans from one of the tour books, but still kinda wandering about, maybe grabbing a FP once for the heck of it outta the kiosk.

Went back when DD1 was maybe 7 and DD2 was 3 and had firmed up a plan, ADRs, etc. but still kind of moseying along.

Going this year at Christmas, with DD1 - 14, DD2 - 11 and DD3 - 4. I got a sixty-seven item color coded glossy spreadsheet with pictures and arrows on the back of each one. I've told girls absolutely NO stopping for character greets if it's not already on the schedule, cause dangit, that's what Character dining is FOR! They have been informed sleep is for when NOT at Disney, they WILL be up in time to be at parks at LEAST an hour before RD, and I DON'T want to hear any WHINING or ELSE!!

It's gonna be magical!

:welcome: You are member #270:cool1:, Wow that sounds like one extremely detailed spreadsheet you got going::yes:: Will you be going to MVMCP:confused3

Okay ya'll! I just booked my FPs and got everything for the windows of time I wanted! Yay! I can't believe how excited I am! Down to the nitty gritty of planning now.
This is my first visit so any input is great.
Any tips on how to best make use of the 60 minute windows for fastpasses? I don't want to ride Test Track at 1:05 and hang around for 45 minutes till it's time for Turtle Talk at 2:20. Any suggestions? I could probably fit in another ride or two right? I guess I need to research how long rides around my FP rides are. Am I making sense? Haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter