WDW Commando Club

Side Note, If your FP says for ex. 10:05-10:35 and you are doing something else at that time, you don't have to rush to get back to the ride, as long as you go back past the start time on the FP you will be OK, even if you get back at 5:00, it's basicly good for the whole day past the time:woohoo:

A question about your side note: I heard that the new FPs for the Mickey meet and greet at MK were not going to allow you to come back anytime after your window "closes". Does anyone know for a fact which way they went with this?

A question about your side note: I heard that the new FPs for the Mickey meet and greet at MK were not going to allow you to come back anytime after your window "closes". Does anyone know for a fact which way they went with this?

I remember reading they were going to use FP's to meet Mickey, I haven't heard anything recent about it:confused3

For something like a meet & greet they might be more strict on times, since the characters take breaks and are there at certian times, I guess we won't know for sure unless someone who recently went has any info:confused3

Besides most of the restaurants in DTD, Does anyone know of any restaurants that do not take the DP:confused3

This is my plan, next June when we do the Star Wars weekends, we are getting room only (Hope they do a 30% off promo:woohoo:) we already have 5 days worth of PH's , that leaves meals, I should be able to cover alot of them with Rewards from the Disney Visa:cool1:, I would like to try some places that do not take the DP, that I usally wouldn't go to:confused3

A few places we will go to are-

- T-Rex Cafe, a must do for my son everytime we go:rolleyes1
- House Of Blues, always wanted to eat there:confused3
- Hoop-De-Doo Review, won't waste 2 credits, feel get a better value OOP:confused3

Any ideas:confused3

It's for ages 4-12

I'm not sure, but I think they might have some events adults can do during Star War Weekends in June:confused3 I'm going to be following events that go on this year, since we want to go to it in 2012:woohoo:

Another small special Star Wars thing you can do is print the Galactic Passport that Disney is providing. You print at home and take it with you. It appears that CMs will put a special stamp on it and you can keep track of the destinations you visit in the new Star Tours. You add your picture with add on effects to make you a jedi, a rebel pilot, etc.

Besides most of the restaurants in DTD, Does anyone know of any restaurants that do not take the DP:confused3

This is my plan, next June when we do the Star Wars weekends, we are getting room only (Hope they do a 30% off promo:woohoo:) we already have 5 days worth of PH's , that leaves meals, I should be able to cover alot of them with Rewards from the Disney Visa:cool1:, I would like to try some places that do not take the DP, that I usally wouldn't go to:confused3

- Hoop-De-Doo Review, won't waste 2 credits, feel get a better value OOP:confused3

If you had a sitter for your son one night, you and your wife could go to Victoria & Alberts at the Grand Floridian. Last I heard, they don't accept the DP, but it's very upscale.

Hey Ron, here is a page from the Disney Food Blog on the Best Restaurants in DisneyWorld not on the Dining Plan.
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/...ld-restaurants-not-on-the-disney-dining-plan/

If you had a sitter for your son one night, you and your wife could go to Victoria & Alberts at the Grand Floridian. Last I heard, they don't accept the DP, but it's very upscale.

Thanks, I looked into it last night, it looks like a really nice place, but after checking out the menu we would have some pickey eater issues:scared1:

I did however find somewhere I think your husband would enjoy:cool1: (check next post)

Hey Ron, here is a page from the Disney Food Blog on the Best Restaurants in DisneyWorld not on the Dining Plan.
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/...ld-restaurants-not-on-the-disney-dining-plan/

Thanks Randall, I also looked into this last night, I was surprised that very few places are not the DP :confused3

It looks like my must do not on DP restaurants will be :confused3

- Shula's Steak House (Swan & Dolphin), This menu made me really hungary:lmao: You can get ton of different cut steaks:woohoo: including a 48oz Porterhouse ($85)
My choice from the menu will be the 32oz Prime Rib:woohoo:

All my wife had to hear was Lobster Mashed Potatos, and she's ready to go:lmao:

Speaking of Lobster, they do offer a 4lb lobster on the menu:eek:

I kind of locked this in for next year, I bought certificates off Restaurants.com , For Shula's & House Of Blues:cool2: (they also had most of the restaurants in the Swan & Dolphin + a few in DTD, so if you want to eat somewhere not on the DP check out Restaurants.com , and save a few bucks:goodvibes, oh also the certificates have NO EXR date:cool1:

Thanks, I looked into it last night, it looks like a really nice place, but after checking out the menu we would have some pickey eater issues:scared1:

I did however find somewhere I think your husband would enjoy:cool1: (check next post)

You're right, he would enjoy Shula's!! I had considered it during our January trip, but ended up booking Artist Point that night because of transportation concerns and timing. Don't know why I forgot to mention it when you asked about other places. I also looked into BlueZoo (Tod English's restaurant), which gets pretty good reviews. I :love: restaurant.com, their gift certificates have saved me so much money!

Hi my name is Justine & I know no other way!!! I kinda like it that way too!!! We can rest when we get home:rotfl:

:welcome: Justine you are member #154:cool1: Having a Good plan is very relaxing in it's own way, as far as resting I don't know what some people are thinking sleeping late and hanging out at the resort for most of the day, still thinking everything is going to get done:confused3

You're right, he would enjoy Shula's!! I had considered it during our January trip, but ended up booking Artist Point that night because of transportation concerns and timing. Don't know why I forgot to mention it when you asked about other places. I also looked into BlueZoo (Tod English's restaurant), which gets pretty good reviews. I :love: restaurant.com, their gift certificates have saved me so much money!

It's funny you mention BlueZoo, we bought a certificate there for my wifes parents who will be in the area end of July. I'll be able to give it a 2nd hand review:woohoo:

These are all great ideas! I also recommend Bistro de Paris in Epcot and Shula's Steakhouse at the Dolphin. :love:

Hi all--Have been reading this thread for days and soaking in the enthusiasm! We are throwing together a trip to WDW made possible by getting bumped after visiting DFIL last month--thank you, big fat Delta vouchers! I am an uber-planner which I guess qualifies me for commando status but I need some help and advice.

Details: 6 day MYW tix, no add-ons. Two sleep-deprived, out-of-shape Gen Xers hauling one energizer bunny of a 4 (almost 5) year old and one 7 month old. DH loves coasters and thrill rides and I can't tolerate anything with ups and downs or sudden drops (tho i LOVE to get dizzy. We'll see how my former fav Tea Cups and age go together.) DD is a thrill seeker like dad and even tho she is very tall--prob 48 inches now--there is no way I am letting her get on the "big" rides at her age. Baby is along for the ride and good as long as she gets her Prevacid and frequent naps 'n' nursing. (oh yeah, I anticipate some ride pics getting deleted for "indecent" exposure!) We are staying at POP and eating on a shoestring budget so no ADRs to work around.

Kids are early risers so we plan on having quick breakfasts in the room and heading out ASAP. DD is princess/fairy obsessed--ESP Rapunzel--as well as sharing her dad's love of Star Wars. Did I say love? The man has stormtrooper armor and a basement full of toys. Given the dueling interests, I am planning on two days at MK, two at DHS, and 1 each AK and EP. I have read that Friday is the best day to hit Star Wars weekends and in anticipation of insane crowds, we added the 2nd day at HS to "do" everything on a non-SWW day and then go back on Friday to "experience" SWW and, naturally, hit the gift shop.

Sooooo....any tips for taking in the Tangled show? Princess meet' n' greets? (Maybe seek them out in other parks??) Balancing the different levels of interest/ability for attractions? I am thinking that DH and DD can be riding things the baby and I can't do while baby and I go for a Fast Pass, and I can take the girls to shows or snacks while DH rides coasters. Any of you have experience in combining what is essentially 4 different styles of touring plans in one trip? Am I going to lose what's left of my mind?

BTW, we plan on going back to WDW as regularly as we can as the girls grow up so we do not need to do everything this trip. Given bedtimes, and hoping to avoid meltdowns caused by ignoring bedtimes, we will probably skip out in late afternoon and head back to the room. There'll be time for fireworks and nighttime touring when they're older.

Thanks for putting the collective commando brain to work on this! I am piecing together tips from the DIS and unofficial guide, etc, but getting overwhelmed by all the intricacies!

Hi all--Have been reading this thread for days and soaking in the enthusiasm! We are throwing together a trip to WDW made possible by getting bumped after visiting DFIL last month--thank you, big fat Delta vouchers! I am an uber-planner which I guess qualifies me for commando status but I need some help and advice.

Details: 6 day MYW tix, no add-ons. Two sleep-deprived, out-of-shape Gen Xers hauling one energizer bunny of a 4 (almost 5) year old and one 7 month old. DH loves coasters and thrill rides and I can't tolerate anything with ups and downs or sudden drops (tho i LOVE to get dizzy. We'll see how my former fav Tea Cups and age go together.) DD is a thrill seeker like dad and even tho she is very tall--prob 48 inches now--there is no way I am letting her get on the "big" rides at her age. Baby is along for the ride and good as long as she gets her Prevacid and frequent naps 'n' nursing. (oh yeah, I anticipate some ride pics getting deleted for "indecent" exposure!) We are staying at POP and eating on a shoestring budget so no ADRs to work around.

Kids are early risers so we plan on having quick breakfasts in the room and heading out ASAP. DD is princess/fairy obsessed--ESP Rapunzel--as well as sharing her dad's love of Star Wars. Did I say love? The man has stormtrooper armor and a basement full of toys. Given the dueling interests, I am planning on two days at MK, two at DHS, and 1 each AK and EP. I have read that Friday is the best day to hit Star Wars weekends and in anticipation of insane crowds, we added the 2nd day at HS to "do" everything on a non-SWW day and then go back on Friday to "experience" SWW and, naturally, hit the gift shop.

Sooooo....any tips for taking in the Tangled show? Princess meet' n' greets? (Maybe seek them out in other parks??) Balancing the different levels of interest/ability for attractions? I am thinking that DH and DD can be riding things the baby and I can't do while baby and I go for a Fast Pass, and I can take the girls to shows or snacks while DH rides coasters. Any of you have experience in combining what is essentially 4 different styles of touring plans in one trip? Am I going to lose what's left of my mind?

BTW, we plan on going back to WDW as regularly as we can as the girls grow up so we do not need to do everything this trip. Given bedtimes, and hoping to avoid meltdowns caused by ignoring bedtimes, we will probably skip out in late afternoon and head back to the room. There'll be time for fireworks and nighttime touring when they're older.

Thanks for putting the collective commando brain to work on this! I am piecing together tips from the DIS and unofficial guide, etc, but getting overwhelmed by all the intricacies!

:welcome: You are member #155:cool1: I have a son, but try to keep up on everything, so I'll take a crack on the Princess question:eek:

MK
- The Princess meet & greet has been moved to The Exposition Hall on Main Street
- Princess Tianna meet & greet is located in the white gazebo located behind the Chritmas Shop
- Jasmine meet & greet is across from the Magic Carpet ride
- Rapunzel meet & greet is located in the old Belles storytime area if you walk through the Castle and make a quick right it will bring you to it, I'm not sure about a show, but if they have one it would be here. (be prepared for along line, unless you get there 1st thing:scared1:)

Epcot
- Germany, Snow White also Rapunzel's Tower is there
- China, Mulian
- France, Belle
- Morraco, Jasmine

- I believe the Fairies are now located in Epcot's Pixie Hollow Garden by MouseGear:confused3

Since your husband wants to do the rollercoasters, instead of everyone waiting for him, he can always come back by himself at night during a EMH or during the afternoon naps:confused3

Your DD is old enough to do Jedi Training:goodvibes

I know you have concern about DD doing the Big rides, my son was 4 when he was tall enough to get on alot of them, I thought he was going to cry or wimp out, but to my surprise that was not the case:confused3, the 1st big ride was Thunder Mountian, we got the 1st row:scared1: he loved it:goodvibes we ended up doing it 8 times during the trip, his favorite ride was Test Track, we ended up doing it 13 times:scared1:

I know you said no ADRs, but to get a bunch of princesses in at once for your DD, you might want to consider a breakfast (to keep the price down) at Akershus in Epcot. There are 4 or 5 princesses there on any day (I think Belle is the only guaranteed one, the rest switch). I haven't eaten there, but it gets decent reviews.

:- Rapunzel meet & greet is located in the old Belles storytime area if you walk through the Castle and make a quick right it will bring you to it, I'm not sure about a show, but if they have one it would be here. (be prepared for along line, unless you get there 1st thing:scared1:)

There's no show, Ron, but the kids go into the storytime area and interact with Rapunzel as a group and dance with her. Seems more fun than storytime with Belle, but we didn't go in (just watched part of it from a distance- those lines are long!)

I know you said no ADRs, but to get a bunch of princesses in at once for your DD, you might want to consider a breakfast (to keep the price down) at Akershus in Epcot. There are 4 or 5 princesses there on any day (I think Belle is the only guaranteed one, the rest switch). I haven't eaten there, but it gets decent reviews.

Akershus is a definitely a great way to meet princesses! Ariel is usually there, too.

The man has stormtrooper armor and a basement full of toys.

Sounds like a keeper! Send him over to the Dis Dads thread on the Families section of this board. He'd fit right in! :thumbsup2

There's no show, Ron, but the kids go into the storytime area and interact with Rapunzel as a group and dance with her. Seems more fun than storytime with Belle, but we didn't go in (just watched part of it from a distance- those lines are long!)

:thumbsup2

Yes, I was in the Snow White line at Epcot with a family and they said they waited 3 hours to see Rapunzel. :scared1: No way would I wait in line that long to see anybody. What a waste of time.

It looks like we all agree that the line to see Rapunzel is huge:scared1: This looks like a get on line right after rope drop, might have to wait around a while for her to come out, but in the long run it should be alot quicker then waiting for up to 3hrs,:confused3

We were going to see her in Dec, when we got in line, we were told by a CM she was going in in 10mins, and where we were in line it would be a wait of about 2hrs:eek:

Since Rapunzel is a must for your DD, remember alot of people will going to different meet & greets, getting FP's & trying to get on Main rides in the A.M. so that should be your best bet for quickest line to see her:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter