WDW Commando Club

:yay::yay::yay: I am sooooooooo excited yet stumped, wanna know why? Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllll. . . I just found out that the national conference for this organization I am an alumni of, is having their nationals at WDW!!!!!!!!!!!! My mom and I are both alumni and former state officers and she still works with the alumni division. I was going to surprise her with Disney in Dec and now I think I will go with her to the conference and give her the Dec trip as a surprise for Mother's Day:cool1::cool1::cool1: OMG, I am hoping and praying this will work out for me. I was hoping that my refund from school would help me with the trip for hunny and I in Nov and then my mom and I in Dec. I am still looking for work as well, but this is just such a great opportunity!!! I had to share with my commandos first. Now I will be stalking the conference site to see when they announce what tickets and tours are included:dance3: My mom is going to be super surprised!!! :goodvibes

:yay::yay::yay: I am sooooooooo excited yet stumped, wanna know why? Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllll. . . I just found out that the national conference for this organization I am an alumni of, is having their nationals at WDW!!!!!!!!!!!! My mom and I are both alumni and former state officers and she still works with the alumni division. I was going to surprise her with Disney in Dec and now I think I will go with her to the conference and give her the Dec trip as a surprise for Mother's Day:cool1::cool1::cool1: OMG, I am hoping and praying this will work out for me. I was hoping that my refund from school would help me with the trip for hunny and I in Nov and then my mom and I in Dec. I am still looking for work as well, but this is just such a great opportunity!!! I had to share with my commandos first. Now I will be stalking the conference site to see when they announce what tickets and tours are included:dance3: My mom is going to be super surprised!!! :goodvibes

That's awesome!

Cool:cool1:, when is the conference:confused3

Oh, sorry, May 8-12. The Flower and Garden Festival will be going on and that's cool as I have not been to see that in eons!

Awesome:thumbsup2, I have never been there during F&GF, I would love to go check it out one of these years, just afraid of how my hay fever would react to it:scared1:

:yay::yay::yay: I am sooooooooo excited yet stumped, wanna know why? Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllll. . . I just found out that the national conference for this organization I am an alumni of, is having their nationals at WDW!!!!!!!!!!!! My mom and I are both alumni and former state officers and she still works with the alumni division. I was going to surprise her with Disney in Dec and now I think I will go with her to the conference and give her the Dec trip as a surprise for Mother's Day:cool1::cool1::cool1: ibes

That would be a great Mother's Day gift. Congrats.

Awesome:thumbsup2, I have never been there during F&GF, I would love to go check it out one of these years, just afraid of how my hay fever would react to it:scared1:

We have been then a few times and I survive. I don't know Disney's policy, but you de-pollen a flower to lower allergies.

I hardly remember it because it was from one of our trips a loooooooong time ago.

That would be a great Mother's Day gift. Congrats.

Thanks, I hope so. I haven't been able to provide a mother-daughter activity in awhile. She took me with her to Baltimore last year and we usually do one play a year at least, but I am excited to surprise her again because she does like surprises, so inset Disney magic :wizard:

We have been then a few times and I survive. I don't know Disney's policy, but you de-pollen a flower to lower allergies.

I will be bringing plenty of Allergy aids as well as my inhaler, but after the first travel day, I should be just fine.
My major concern right now is that the schedule of events is not up yet so I can't make any ADR's :lmao: I have planned our arrival and departure day events a little but I want to do BOG dinner and the dessert party as well as the Fantasmic! dinner package. I especially want to get the Fantasmic! package together it would get it out of the way for Dec trip and open some time.

I hardly remember it because it was from one of our trips a loooooooong time ago.

I will be bringing plenty of Allergy aids as well as my inhaler, but after the first travel day, I should be just fine.
My major concern right now is that the schedule of events is not up yet so I can't make any ADR's :lmao: I have planned our arrival and departure day events a little but I want to do BOG dinner and the dessert party as well as the Fantasmic! dinner package. I especially want to get the Fantasmic! package together it would get it out of the way for Dec trip and open some time.

We did the Fantasmic deal a couple years ago. I would not recommend eating at Hollywood & Vine (had to be the worst place we ever ate at in WDW), I can't say anything either way about Mama Melrose or The Brown Derby since I never have been to either one:confused3

We did the Fantasmic deal a couple years ago. I would not recommend eating at Hollywood & Vine (had to be the worst place we ever ate at in WDW), I can't say anything either way about Mama Melrose or The Brown Derby since I never have been to either one:confused3

I want to try Mama Melrose's, I had heard bad things about HV and since I do not have little ones that young, I was more thank ok with avoiding it. I have to wait and see if there will be a wishes dessert party or not though. Since this came about at the last minute (i.e. within 180 days :lmao: ) I now have to put everything together and i will start making ressies next month once I have all my finances together. Good thing I have been planning trips huh? :lmao: I am much more prepared than I would have been and that's good because my mom is NOT a commando and I know she wants to relax so I can plan a nice relaxed pace.

Ok, I did it, I made ***cue the music*** pixiedust: DINING RESERVATIONS:cool1: Awww yeah, it's official now, I'm going to the world ya'll! Thanks for keeping my hope alive guys. I really appreciate it. I start school next week so I may not be on as much (I may be as much :rolleyes1 , I mean I probably should try not to, ya know, I may want to study, :lmao: ). I just wanted to say how much I really appreciate you guys sharing in the Disney love with me. When I came to the Dis, I was just planning to keep my spirits up. Now, I have 3, count em, 3 tentative trips, I am able to be in school full time AND though I am still looking for work, I am very hopeful and feel confident. We don't know one another but through cyber space, but I really thank God for you folks. I just really wanted to let you all know :goodvibes

Great thread! Don't know how I have missed this one! We are all 4 TPC's and I am not sure if we would be capable of doing a non-commando trip... :hyper: Definitely subbing to this one!

Great thread! Don't know how I have missed this one! We are all 4 TPC's and I am not sure if we would be capable of doing a non-commando trip... :hyper: Definitely subbing to this one!

:welcome: You are member #223:cool1:, I see you have a upcoming trip, care to share any details:confused3

since I was off today and my son was home sick we went over our next Disney trip, He want's to stay at the Herbie Hotel :lmao: (All star Movies), For some dinners he wants to go to The place with the animals (Boma's), The Hawaii place (Ohana's), & The Chinese place on top of the store in Japan:rotfl: (Teppen Edo)

Besides all the Disney parks, He wants to go to Seaworld, Gatorland, Busch Gardens & Legoland, I asked about Universial he said no I can't stand Harry potter:rotfl2: Glad he told me that I was going to get 2day tickets for US:confused3

since I was off today and my son was home sick we went over our next Disney trip, He want's to stay at the Herbie Hotel :lmao: (All star Movies), For some dinners he wants to go to The place with the animals (Boma's), The Hawaii place (Ohana's), & The Chinese place on top of the store in Japan:rotfl: (Teppen Edo)

Besides all the Disney parks, He wants to go to Seaworld, Gatorland, Busch Gardens & Legoland, I asked about Universial he said no I can't stand Harry potter:rotfl2: Glad he told me that I was going to get 2day tickets for US:confused3

I love his restaurant descriptions, Disney should use him for their website :rotfl:

:rotfl2: @ his opinion of HP. After the first 2 movies I was over it. I want to go see HP at US when I go, but after that I'm going right back over to get on the Hulk! Glad you didnt get those tickets tho. It's amazing what you find out how your kids really feel or think about stuff, 9 times out of 10 parents never have it right :confused3 It's not our fault, kids are sometimy like that :lmao:

I love his restaurant descriptions, Disney should use him for their website :rotfl:

:rotfl2: @ his opinion of HP. After the first 2 movies I was over it. I want to go see HP at US when I go, but after that I'm going right back over to get on the Hulk! Glad you didnt get those tickets tho. It's amazing what you find out how your kids really feel or think about stuff, 9 times out of 10 parents never have it right :confused3 It's not our fault, kids are sometimy like that :lmao:

It's almost a different language, for Big Thunder Mountain he calls it The Dinosaur Train, He calls The World Showcase Players - The Funny Guys, and Expedition Everest - The Abominable Snowman with a Toothache Ride:lmao: Now I may be guilty of why he calls some things around WDW what he does, He has been going since he was 2 and when he was tall enough to go on some rides I may have changed the name of the ride so he would not be scared, even though he now knows the real name of the rides he still calls a lot of them by what I told him they were to get him on it, I guess this will be something he may always remember:thumbsup2

It's almost a different language, for Big Thunder Mountain he calls it The Dinosaur Train, He calls The World Showcase Players - The Funny Guys, and Expedition Everest - The Abominable Snowman with a Toothache Ride:lmao: Now I may be guilty of why he calls some things around WDW what he does, He has been going since he was 2 and when he was tall enough to go on some rides I may have changed the name of the ride so he would not be scared, even though he now knows the real name of the rides he still calls a lot of them by what I told him they were to get him on it, I guess this will be something he may always remember:thumbsup2

"The Abominable Snowman with a Toothache Ride" I am sooooooo using this:rotfl2: I'm sorry, I won't be much help if I were to meet your son I would just encourage him, because these names my friend are priceless:joker:
That's exactly what your doing, building memories for him, more importantly, DISNEY memories pixiedust: and those are precious:thumbsup2

"Theme park tickets: $369.96. Project Imagineer: $100,000 salary. Getting your child to enjoy their childhood by telling them the scary Yeti has a toothache. . . PRICELESS" pixiedust::goodvibes:cloud9:

Welcome.

Still haven't done those other areas. Somehow, the power of Disney just keeps me on property. Having second thoughts about our Easter trip. Projections are 9s and even though we are picking the "more recommended" theme parks, it sounds way too crowded.

May be guilty?

:welcome: You are member #223:cool1:, I see you have a upcoming trip, care to share any details:confused3

Yay!! We are headed out at the end of February and can NOT wait! Needless to say work is suffering due to Disney planning and a SEVERE case of WDW Fever! :hyper: This will be our first trip with NO stroller for the kids as they are old enough to deal with all the walking. It's been 3 years since our last trip to the World as we took 2 years off to do DCL and last year the DH decided he would rather go skiing. We had already planned a trip to the World, and as you can imagine, the ski trip was the WORST (although most memorable) vacay ever. That is what happens when you cancel on the Mouse! ;)

Sooooo... With no stroller to have to maneuver around, we will be even MORE commando that our previous trips! :banana: We'll be sending kids off to collect FPs and all kinds of fun!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
Now I know why the Yeti is so grumpy!

About Universal Studios and other parks: I understand the power of Disney, but it shouldn't restrain people from trying all that Orlando has to offer!
I've been to Orlando 5 times, just a few compared with most on the DIS boards and on this thread, but I've tried to get the whole experience on each of those trips.

In my 1st trip in 1989 (when I was 5) we did MK, Epcot, Sea World, Busch Gardens and Kennedy Space Center. MGM Studios had just opened and my parents didn't know much about it and didn't think it would be very interesting to a kid! :sad2:

And since my second trip in 1994 we did all available Disney parks, all available Universal parks and Sea World in every trip. Busch Gardens and Kennedy Space Center where skipped a couple of times each due to being shorter trips and Gatorland I'll visit for the first time in a couple of weeks exactly! :hyper:

Universal and Sea World are different from Disney, but they are all pretty amazing parks! Some attractions like the Sea World shows, animal experiences and Shark Encounter are unforgettable! As are some of Universal's and IoA's rides like Amazing Adventures of Spiderman and Jurassic Park the Ride! I'm sure all of HP's area should be amazing as well (I'm a huge HP fan), but it was still under construction, so I'll finally see it in a couple of weeks! :woohoo:

I believe that everyone should at least make a visit and try out these other parks. You'll probably be surprised!

Ron, I think that even if your DS doesn't like HP, he might love some of the other rides, like those I mentioned and others like Despicable Me (which I'm very eager to try out! :))

Yay!! We are headed out at the end of February and can NOT wait! Needless to say work is suffering due to Disney planning and a SEVERE case of WDW Fever! :hyper: This will be our first trip with NO stroller for the kids as they are old enough to deal with all the walking.

Sooooo... With no stroller to have to maneuver around, we will be even MORE commando that our previous trips! :banana: We'll be sending kids off to collect FPs and all kinds of fun!

No strollers. That was a great first for us as well. Last trip was another first for us - no backpack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter