• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW College Program

Nope, you go to ANY college that you want, and twice a year Disney comes recruiting to take you down during the fall or spring. You would take college classes and also work full time at the resort! Yay--funfunfun!!!

I made it! I got my envelope today! I got picked to be a quick service restaurant hostess in Fall 2002! Now I need to decide if I am going to do this! The ONLY thing holding me back is whether I'd fall behind in either my business classes (I'm a marketing major, will be a sophomore) and especially my Japanese minor. I am going to inquire with my professors about getting credit, online classes, and independent study!! Gotta make my decision this week! I need support/advice, guys! :D

Abby,

Congrats on making it. I'm so proud of you. Can you please answer a few questions I have about the College Program.

1. When you attend the College Program what kind of credit do you recieve? U said that you would fall behind, don't you still get credit?

2. When do you think the best time to go is? Freshman, Sophmore, Junoir, or Senoir? I figure since you don't really get into your major until your Junior year, Freshman or Sophmore would probably be the best.

Anything else you could tell me would be greatly appreciated. I'm a senior in High School this year, and would love to join the Disney College program next year or in 2 years. Thanx for your help

Congratulations to both of you! I'm a senior in high school right now and I hope to be in the WDW college program when I get to college.

Ok, wait a second- I'm confused. I got that you go to any college that you want. The Disney comes and you can apply for it. But then how to do take your classes? Oh, I'm very confused!!

Guys, I am gonna investigate all of this this week--gotta talk to the financial aid office and my advisors and try to figure out how to get meaningful credit out of this semester. And I was told by other alumni that after your freshman or sophomore years is best! :jester:

hampton.gif

CONGRATULATIONS
hampton.gif

edited because Michelle can't spell!!

wow! thats soooooo exciting! congratulations!!!!! i was also considering doing the college program next year (i'm a high school senior) but i looked into it and theres no way it could work with what im going to be doin the next couple of years.... :mad: i still really really want to work in WDW though, so illl probably try to get a job after im done.
have a great time! i'm sure itll be a blast!:D :Pinkbounc :bounce: :p

I don't know what to do--it looks like over the next four years, I could either do the Disney thing or study abroad for a semester in London and Russia--not both! Given the choice, what would you do? And is it possible to just work down at Disney for the summer season, not as part of the college program? Where could I find out about this? Thanks!!

ouch! what a hard decision to make!
when we were in WDW in the summer the guy who drove this boat we went on came down to orlando with his wife just for the summer, so i think you might be able to work there just for the summer. there was also this other girl who was working who had worked there on the college program and she decided to come back for the summer. do a search on the internet for jobs in disney and there will probably be a phone number there you could call for info.
hope this helps you out a bit!:)

Ugh, that is a toughie. To be honest I'd probably go with the semsester abroad because if Disney accepted you once they could always accept you again. But it is a really tough one!

Thanks to you both! That is what I am leaning toward doing. The business school at my college (Miami of Ohio) would send me to London for 7 weeks and then to Russia for 2. I would DEFINITELY work at Disney during the summer if they chose me! I didn't see anything on disney.com about employment, so I would search online. This may sound dumb, but I am a Japanese minor, and I know a lot of international students come here to work in Orlando--any idea if I could possibly see about working at the Disneyland in Tokyo? Would this be something to email them about?
Thanks again for the advice--I know it is tough, especially since Disney is so magical, but I am not giving up hope of working down there and having a great time! Also another question--does anybody know if Disney would provide or find you housing if you were working there but not part of the college program? Because I would need a place to stay! Also, I am hoping that maybe in the next year or two Disney would do the college program for first year participants, because I heard that that is what they did up until a year or two ago. That would be HEAVEN--I would be down there in a heartbeat!!:cool:

hey abby!
here's a web site you can check out that has (i think) most of the info on jobs in disney:
http://disney.go.com/disneycareers/faq.html

these are the numbers they give to call for info on part time jobs:
(818) 558-2222† in Burbank or (407) 828-1000† in Orlando.

good luck!
i really do think the best would be to go for the time overseas (it sounds great!) and then work for disney some other time, that way you get to do both!

bubblemutant, you rock! You have given me a lot of hope back! That page has now been visited, written down, and bookmarked! I will be applying for next summer, rest assured! Any ideas when I should do this? Thanks again!:jester:

no problem! im glad i could help you out!:D :) :p
hmmm....thats a good question. i think you should call up one of those numbers and ask them when you should apply for a job next summer. they know better than anyone! im sure everything will work out great! im plannin on workin in DW in about 3 years.....i was thinkin of workin there next year, but (as i said earlier on this thread) it wont work out. so ill also have to call them ( a while after you, though......:p ).
have a great weekend!:Pinkbounc

Wow, that is such great news, for all of you! I'll be a college freshie next year and I highly intend on setting up an interview as it becomes available!That's where the question comes in... any advice? I really want to do ths, I mean really, really, really! I want to work there permantly!Any tips or prep advice would certainly be helpful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter