WDW Cinderella Castle Refurb

I was dissappoint by this information, but that's the price we pay for going during the value season. To me it's worth it and I know that this isn'g going to be my last trip and so I'm not too torn up by it.

Same here. Going Mar 6-16th MKV. Costing 361 pts (only have MKV for 1 week). I hope only the bottom is covered. Will be pretty ticked if for 361 pts I get to see a painting of the castle.

When they did the back side in September, it was only the bottom half that was covered.

When they did the back side in September, it was only the bottom half that was covered.

yeah but how long did that refurb last? This one is 2 1/2 months. Seems like a long time for just the bottom front.

It sounds like the majority of folks don't mind the refurbs as long as it not done while they're on vacation. Now when exactly is Disney supposed to make that happen? :rolleyes: It has to happen some time and Jan/Feb/March have ALWAYS been the refurb months. I always go in January (except this time - leave tomorrow) and have yet to ride Splash Mountain because it's always being refurbed at that time. I've still enjoyed my time there. If they never took time to fix up the castle it would fall apart eventually.

So...
Does anyone know if Toontown Fair will still be around in May?
I'm thinking about going in May...if Toontown Fair is already closed by then, where will the characters be meeting?

Toontown Fair will be gone long before then.As for the characters I have no clue.

I wouldn't reschedule my trip over this, but there's NO WAY I would be paying for the castle view room at the Contemporary!

Thanks to everyone for responding about CRT and even posting a picture. We had no idea what to expect so that helped.

I am trying to stay positive but I did make a change to our trip last month to add a split stay so we could spend some time in CR with a castle view so I am frustrated that nothing was said when I booked that. Hopefully, it will still look great from a distance...fingers crossed.

while i do agree that they have to refurb sometime, i do feel for those who will be there during that time. even though the scrims are done well, it just isn't the same. :(

I think most folks do expect the refurbs in the early months of the year. But the front of the castle would disappoint me too. Heck, I hated having the back side obscured on our last trip!

I think if this was my dream trip with a CR castle view, I'd probably scale back and do that part of it another time.

I also think the Disney folks should have made that refurb known a little earlier in the game so people could schedule around it if they wanted to. By now, most have airline tickets bought and can't make changes. I mean, I'm pretty sure the schedule has shown when Dumbo and Splash would be refurbed for some time now......

yeah but how long did that refurb last? This one is 2 1/2 months. Seems like a long time for just the bottom front.

I think I read about the back side of the refurb in late August. We were there the end of September. So at least a month. But I have no idea when the facades came down..... Maybe someone else can confirm when they came down.....

Oh No!

My kids have been watching our Dream Along with Mickey videos for months and are super excited to see it in person again next month. I wonder if it will be canceled? :sick:

I wouldn't reschedule my trip over this, but there's NO WAY I would be paying for the castle view room at the Contemporary!

I think most folks do expect the refurbs in the early months of the year. But the front of the castle would disappoint me too. Heck, I hated having the back side obscured on our last trip!

I think if this was my dream trip with a CR castle view, I'd probably scale back and do that part of it another time.

I also think the Disney folks should have made that refurb known a little earlier in the game so people could schedule around it if they wanted to. By now, most have airline tickets bought and can't make changes. I mean, I'm pretty sure the schedule has shown when Dumbo and Splash would be refurbed for some time now......

Yeah, we are pretty disappointed. I am going to wait to see if the gift card deal comes out on Monday and then maybe see if we can switch over to the Boardwalk Inn. I've never been to that part of "the world" and I think soon to be DH will still really like that for his first trip.

Maybe we'll go back for a couple days MK view for our first anniversary! :thumbsup2

We arrive on the 9th with CRT reservations on the 10th!!! Now I am going to make sure that we get lots of pictures before the 12th!!!!

:headache:
When I first get on Main Street and see the castle, I get tears in my eyes and chills throughout my body. This is where it all comes alive for me.

I am REALLY upset by this news today. I know it might sound dumb to some people, but I am not taking this well.

First Splash Mounbtain will be down, and now the main centerpiece will be blocked. What else is next?

First Splash Mountain, then Crystal Palace and now the castle :sad:

It truely takes aways from my magical vacation, this year my father is coming with us. I was sooo excited since he was the one that took me as a child...

I understand that Jan is off-season but all this at once :confused3

Why couldn't they refurb Tiki whatever it called or magic carpets, tea cups...

I don't think anyone will see the cranes taking down the lights. My understanding is that happens in the middle of the night over several weeks per the HGTV show when they put them up. I can't imagine disney having working cranes during the day when everyone gets a pic of the castle.

From the looks of the pictures in the 2nd post here, Disney put a lot of effort to make the "wall" look like a part of the castle and it only covered the lower portion of.

I hope someone doesn't think there's going to be a 12 story wall around the whole thing.

When I was there in August the crane was up during the day. ALL of our pics of the castle have the crane in it :( And they put up the scrims for the back of the castle refurb when we were there too. Was a pain in the behind to get around.

I'm disappointed too & wish I had known sooner--this is the first I heard about it! But the scrims do look ok & I do have a hard time believing that Disney will cover the entire castle for 2 1/2 months. So, I think we will see varying stages of the construction. Oh, well, it is what it is & I'm still going & eating at CRT. Cindy's castle is just "remodeling" to my kids! It's still a castle to them! They won't care!

We go every year in Jan. and just take the refurbs in stride. In fact, last year Splash Mtn reopened while we were there and I was so excited to ride it for the first time. I got soaked on a fairly cold Jan. day! Now, I have no problem with it being closed. :lmao:

As for the Castle, I do love that first view when we're walking down Main St., but there's no way I would reschedule a vacation around a Castle refurb. Something is always going to be down for refurb and trying to schedule around refurbs to have the "perfect" trip would be a nightmare to me.

A side note on CP being closed. We always eat at CP on our trips, but I was super excited that they were bringing back characters to LTT while CP was closed. We've never eaten there before and I've scheduled a breakfast there. Sometimes, when things are closed, it gives you the opportunity to try other things.

If you think a scrim is bad, you should have been around when they were refurbing Sleeping Beauty Castle at DL for the 50th anniversary. Yikes! :scared1: That was absolutely no fun! It was all worth it in the end, though.

Castle2_101704_AVPx.jpg

The crane was up our entire trip this past January 11 -17th...I guess that's just the price you pay for low crowds! I will be disappointed with being there while the crane and refurb is going on :headache: Here's a pic of the beautiful crane! (insert sarcasm)

dscn0840.jpg

If you think a scrim is bad, you should have been around when they were refurbing Sleeping Beauty Castle at DL for the 50th anniversary. Yikes! :scared1: That was absolutely no fun! It was all worth it in the end, though.

Castle2_101704_AVPx.jpg

YIKES!!!:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter