WDW Christmas Village Buildings?

pink_zebra

Mouseketeer
Last time I was in WDW, at the Downtown Disney Christmas shop, I fell in love with the Christmas Village display of all the Main Street building figurines. Does anyone know if these items are available for purchase anywhere outside WDW? I would love to start a collection!

Call WDW merchandising. They can ship them to you new.

Or check Ebay. I actually have two and will be listing them on Ebay in the upcoming weeks. (They are not new though). You can sometimes find them on Ebay but not as often as other Disney items, probably because they are kind of a pain to pack and ship.

I'd say one or two show up every couple of weeks. Most are not new in box but are in good condition a much cheaper than the new ones from WDW merchandise. Depends what you want.

What are listing them by or under? I look often but don't see the Disney ones or only rarely. Do you call them Disney Village or By the manufacturer like Dept 56, etc?

Does anyone have pictures of there buildings?? I'm not a big collector but have wanted a Christmas village for years. My grandma always has a little one and it's not Christmas till it's up! A Disney one sounds fantastic!!

I'll be listing mine as Disneyworld Christmas Village Magic Kingdom but I've seen them listed under Disneyworld Christmas Light Up Village and I think the Dept 56 ones are something different.

I'm not listing mine as "light up" because I have no idea if the lights even work... I never even realized there was a spot for an AC adaptor until I was getting ready to unload them :rotfl: Mine never came with adaptors and they've just been on a shelf for a few years. How I did not notice that they had a spot for an adaptor... who knows? :rotfl:

They usually sell for around $40-$90 on Ebay. Casey's Corner seems to be the most popular and hard to get one. I've seen that one go for $120 before. I'll be listing the castle & train station in a few weeks for less than retail but again, they aren't new and I honestly do not know if the lights work.

They are really pretty. I just have no room for them.

One thing I can say, if you get one off Ebay, make sure whoever you get it from packs it super good and guarantees their shipping, esp. if you get the castle. There is a teeny tiny Tinkerbell on top of the castle that is barely attached and if it's not packaged by someone who knows their stuff, Tink will snap off.

That's one of the reasons I haven't listed them yet, because I know it will be an ordeal to ship. :(

I just saw some Disney themed houses at Macy's. I didn't look that closely so I'm not sure if they're the ones you're looking for or not though.

Ohmygosh! Sold. That is what I want.

I was going to start a village this year, too!! :)

Thanks for answering! People list things so many ways on Ebay that you know there are things on there you want but can't find.

The Dept 56 ones are collectibles and are wonderful..........

The dept 56 Disney Village buildings were the first produced and retired years ago. There were actually two identical versions - the only difference being an additional bottom-stamp denoting disney parks for those first few peices sold in the parks vs those without the disney stamp which were purchased around the country at various D56 dealers.

For those planning to mix and match, be sure to double-check the scale of the buildings - not all are the same scale. The castle shown in that auction for instance is a much smaller scale than the D56 Tinkerbelle's Treasures and other D56 buildings so, unless you put it up on a hill somewhere, it looks too small for the street. Other buildings will work together nicely though and are similar size.

We have three styles, displayed seperately, because I notice the difference in size and finish, but the minor size variations don't bother DH at all. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to even catch him mixing in a few of the polly pockets if he thought I wasn't looking...:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter