• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW Character Changes

WDWKOOK

NOW WITH LESS TAG!
http://sites.google.com/site/wdwchar...nt/home/rumors

Confirmed Character Changes:

Ariel's Grotto is closing on April 12th, making Sunday April 11th the last day she will be available to Guests outside of dining. Still awaiting word on when she is moving to the Veranda, but it's assumed that will be May 9th.
Winnie the Pooh and Tigger are moving to the Train Station in Mickey's Toontown Fair starting April 12th, then relocating to Town Square on May 9th.

Horace Horsecollar and Clarabelle Cow are joining the Hoedown Happening at Frontierland on Sunday, April 11; they will be replacing Liverlips and Shaker.

Star Wars Weekends will have two new characters this year, both from the Clone Wars.

Goofy will be moving to The Pirates League on April 11th. He will be dressed like a pirate and will be located next to the Quartermaster's desk, across the way from where Captain Hook and Mr. Smee used to meet.

Good Times Gathering Spot at Disney's Animal Kingdom will be open from March 28th-April 10th. Pocahontas will be there will her forest friends, including: Meeko, Chip, Dale, Miss Bunny, and Thumper.

Cinderella's Royal Table has changed the dinner character greeting format from the Fairy Godmother, Suzy, and Perla show to the more traditional meet and greet currently offered for breakfast and lunch. This changed on Feb. 7th.

Magic Kingdom Teardrop is officially closed. See the RANDOM page to see other possible random character greeting locations.

May 9th is the day character schedules will be changing, see the rumored section for more information.

Rumored Character Changes:

Rapunzel and Flynn will start making appearances in the Magic Kingdom in October.

Storytime with Belle will be closing in October.

The following are expected to happen on May 9th:

Magic Kingdom:
Bert and Mary Poppins are appearing in Fantasyland (Carousel).
Prince Eric and Ariel are appearing in Adventureland (Veranda).
Wendy is appearing with Peter Pan in Fantasyland.
Lilo is leaving, but still available at DAK.
Stitch is moving from Adventureland to Tomorrowland.
Pooh and Tigger are moving from Fantasyland to Town Square.
Chip and Dale are moving from Town Square to Tomorrowland.
Snow White is moving from Town Square to the Wishing Well.

Epcot:
No known changes.

Disney’s Hollywood Studios:
Lotso is appearing in the Animation Studio.
Jojo is leaving Playhouse Disney, but still available at Play ‘n Dine.
Goliath is leaving (essentially retiring this character).
Handy Manny is appearing at Play ‘n Dine.
Carl, Dug, and Russel are leaving.
The Big Hat seems to be transitioning from a random to regular location with the following characters: Piglet, Pooh, Donald, Daisy, Minnie, and Stitch (more information later).

Disney’s Animal Kingdom:
Carl and Dug are rumored to be joining the Oasis (more information later).

Typhoon Lagoon:
Lilo and Stitch are appearing.

Blizzard Beach:
Goofy is appearing.

Bo Peep is being replaced by Lotso in Block Party Bash, which will essentially retire this character.

Vidia is scheduled to be the newest fairy joining Pixie Hollow. Just as Terrence joined the meet and greet after the last movie was released, Vidia has a much bigger role in the third movie and is expected to join the group in the August.

Phineas and Ferb have already made appearances in the Christmas Parade, a Disney 365 spot, and at the WDW Marathon, so when are they going to be available in the parks? Not this fiscal year. Disney has recognized the demand for these popular boys, but do not expect to see them until FY2011.

Fantasyland Expansion:

Mickey and Minnie are reported to be moving to Exposition Hall once Toontown closes (announced for fall 2010). No word on if this will become their permanent greeting location, but most indicators point to yes.

Princesses and Fairies are reported to be moving to Exposition Hall as well. Testing is expected to begin here in the spring, with the final move in the fall. Once the Fantasyland Forest is complete, the princesses and Fairies will move to their appropriate locations.

Ariel is moving from her Grotto to the Adventureland Veranda. She will be appearing in legs with Prince Eric. Ariel (and possibly Eric) will move to the Fantasyland Forest when the new attraction and greeting area is completed.

Pooh and Tigger are moving to Town Square. The two will return to some form of the playground following the construction.

Shows and Parades:

The Hoedown has transformed into a Flash Mob in Frontierland! This change occurred on February 26th.

The Pirate Tutorial is performing on a new stage in Adventureland! The stage was tested in summer 2009, but has become permanent as of January 5th.

Tiana's Showboat Jubilee was discontinued after January 3rd with little momentum to support a possible return.

Totally Tomorrowland Christmas was considered a success in 2009 so there is a strong indication it will be back in 2010!

The following characters are new to the parks:

Thumper (Oct 09)
Miss Bunny (Oct 09)
Marie (Oct 09)
Terrence (Oct 09)
Tiana (Oct 09)
Prince Naveen (Oct 09)
Carl (May 09)
Russell (May 09)
Dug (May 09)
Green Ranger (April 09)
Bolt (Nov 08)
Tinker Bell (Oct 08)
Iridessa (Oct 08)
Rosetta (Oct 08)
Silvermist (Oct 08)
Fawn (Oct 08)

The following characters have been removed from the parks as a regular greeting character:

Prince Caspian (Jan 10)
Wendy (Oct 09)
Captain Hook (Oct 09)
Mr. Smee (Oct 09)
Genie (May 09)
Dopey (May 09)
Mushu (May 09)
Mittens (May 09)
Rhino (May 09)
White Ranger (April 09)
Darby (Sept 08)
Bert (Sept 08)
Kim Possible (Sept 08)
Ron Stoppable (Sept 08)

who is lotso?:confused:
Good question!

According to Stitch Kingdom:

Lotso from Toy Story 3 will be debuting at the Animation Building at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, replacing Carl, Russell and Dug from UP (they are expected to leave in April and may appear at the Animal Kingdom’s Oasis).

My kids are going to be so bummed about Mushu, he is the one character they are asking for right now.

My kids are going to be so bummed about Mushu, he is the one character they are asking for right now.
Unless they've changed it recently, at DHS' Magic of Disney Animation, the first part with the Disney animator features Mushu. Here are a couple of YouTube videos of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgC5ylrI-p4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHr3Q6MYVcs&feature=related

My family loves this attraction and afterwards you get to draw a Disney character with the help of an animator.

Unless they've changed it recently, at DHS' Magic of Disney Animation, the first part with the Disney animator features Mushu. Here are a couple of YouTube videos of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgC5ylrI-p4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHr3Q6MYVcs&feature=related

My family loves this attraction and afterwards you get to draw a Disney character with the help of an animator.

Well, at least they can see that. Not only did my son want to meet Mushu, but he is hoping to hold him. ;) He thinks he is going to be tiny and he can hold him in his hand for a few minutes. Oh well, what can you do? Maybe they will be excited about meeting someone else. Thanks for the info!

Great Post!! I know things must change but I will really miss some retiring characters. I cant believe they are getting rid of Genie and Hook? Those are very bad news for a lot of performers as they were both popular characters in the same height range.

Do you know anything about the face character version of the fairies (sleeping beauty) coming to WDW.?

It seems that the direction WDW is going is to have less fur and more face around the parks.

Great Post!! I know things must change but I will really miss some retiring characters. I cant believe they are getting rid of Genie and Hook? Those are very bad news for a lot of performers as they were both popular characters in the same height range.

Do you know anything about the face character version of the fairies (sleeping beauty) coming to WDW.?

It seems that the direction WDW is going is to have less fur and more face around the parks.
"Less fur and more face" - love it:rotfl:

Wonder why Bert is listed as not appearing for meet and greets anymore and is also listed to be appearing with Mary Poppins?

I also wonder why CHIP Hotline also says Horace and Clarabelle are not appearing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter