• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW Buses

j0esmoe13

Earning My Ears
Is there a site or thread that lists approximate travel times on Disney buses while traveling around the property?

There is, but there are things that are outdated on it. Basically figure if you have to wait for a bus, it could be 20-25 minutes, then a few minutes to load, then if you are going from one side of property to the other ie: AK to SSR, figure that's about 20-25 minutes depending on how the traffic light Gods are smiling upon you. So if you just miss a bus, and are going across property, you are basically looking at an hour.

The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World (UG) has a great time estimator, among other great features; the researchers for this book actually have real experience riding the buses, and timing them, so it's the "straight dope" as it were. We recommend the guide to anyone going to WDW and frequently have older copies out on loan to friends, keeping the most current in the house for handy reference. Those folks at the UG are big bad Disney geeks, just like the rest of us on this board. Len Testa of the UG will sometimes read the board and clarify things.

The one on-line site is woefully out of date. So for the real information I'd say get yourself the UG.

So, from what you're saying the trip in travel time (no waiting or boarding time) from the two furthest points on the property is about 25 minutes if the lights and traffic cooperate...

The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World (UG) has a great time estimator, among other great features; the researchers for this book actually have real experience riding the buses, and timing them, so it's the "straight dope" as it were. We recommend the guide to anyone going to WDW and frequently have older copies out on loan to friends, keeping the most current in the house for handy reference. Those folks at the UG are big bad Disney geeks, just like the rest of us on this board. Len Testa of the UG will sometimes read the board and clarify things.

The one on-line site is woefully out of date. So for the real information I'd say get yourself the UG.

Thanks. I have the '09 UG. I will have to look to see where this information is...........unless you would like to direct me to the right chapter or page.

In my estimation, yes, and honestly, it may not even be that far. I mean if you were going 30 mph and it took 25 minutes, that's what 12.5 miles? I dont think it's that far across.

Googling from AKL to Disneyquest it shows about 8 miles / 16 minutes. So yea if you hit lights bad probably 25 minute or so.

[pumpkinboy said:
The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World (UG) has a great time estimator, among other great features; the researchers for this book actually have real experience riding the buses, and timing them, so it's the "straight dope" as it were.
Plus, if there are any major changes (e.g. a new resort, a major addition or subtraction), The Unofficial Guide will update the chart in the next issue... unlike a website that appears not to have been changed in about five years :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter