WDW- Arrival Date August 20th!

ktseitz5

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone, I've been looking all around at the different posts and I can't seem to find anyone else who is arriving on this date. I'd really like to be able to talk to everyone who is in the same boat as me right now, make some friends before I go down there and not know anyone, and hopefully find a few roommates. :)

Basic Info: (Yay, conversation starters!)
My name is Katie, I am going to be 19 by the time the program starts, and I'm working attractions!

Favorite Disney movie(s): Pirates of the Caribbean, Aladdin, and Princess and the Frog
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite Ride(s): Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Tower of Terror, Space Mountain, Mission Space.

Your turn! :D

Hey! I'm Nicole and I'm attractions and arriving on the 20th as well :)

Are you in any of the Facebook groups? It's a great way to meet people. I found all my roommates and started talking to a couple of other people that way.

I am indeed on the Facebook groups, but there is something wrong with them. They say go to the discussion boards, but there is no discussion boards to go to. I actually get responses here, and it's easier to use. :)

I just got accepted today and am going to be arriving on the 20th. I'm quite a bit older than you are (I'll be 28 during the program), but I'm currently living with some girls that are 25, 21, and 18, so age really isn't a big issue for me if it doesn't scare you away from being friends!

It's actually going to be my first time away from my family and college/dorm friends and my puppy, so I'm pretty nervous about going and not being able to make any friends while I'm there. I've checked out the facebook groups but I generally avoid fb like the plague so I'm really glad to see some arrivals from the same date as me on here.

I guess I should also list the basics, huh? haha I fail at this intro thing, I guess.

I'm Brandi, and I'll be working merchandise.

Favorite Disney movie(s): Pirates of the Caribbean, Lilo and Stitch, Mary Poppins, Tangled, Aladdin, Emperor's New Groove, Brother Bear, and Lion King
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom and Epcot
Favorite Ride(s): Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Mickey's Philharmagic,Tower of Terror, Expedition Everest

Hi! I'm actually the Mom, but I will have my daughter get on the boards ASAP! Her name is Kelley and she is also arriving on 8/20. She is scheduled to work QSFB. She will be 19 in August and is planning on becoming an Animator so she is very excited to be coming to WDW in the Fall. I wish you all the best of luck!

Nicole!!! I didn't know you were on the boards!
Hello to everyone else! Obviously, my name is Annemarie, and I'm arriving on 8/20 as well. I have all my roommates, Nicole being one of them :cool1:, but I am very eager to get to know other people. I will be 22 during the program, and I am going to be working merchandise, though I have character performer auditions next week. My favorite Disney movies are Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, and Tangled. My favorite parks are HS and MK. I'm super excited to go, and would love to meet some people from the boards!

Hello to everyone else! Obviously, my name is Annemarie, and I'm arriving on 8/20 as well. I have all my roommates, Nicole being one of them :cool1:, but I am very eager to get to know other people. I will be 22 during the program, and I am going to be working merchandise, though I have character performer auditions next week. My favorite Disney movies are Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, and Tangled. My favorite parks are HS and MK. I'm super excited to go, and would love to meet some people from the boards!

Hi Annemarie! Fancy meeting you here ;)

And yeeeeaah I'm on the boards! The proved infinitely helpful when I planned my first trip to WDW (January 2010). I've been hooked ever since! I actually hadn't heard of the CP until I read about it on here....

I just got accepted today and am going to be arriving on the 20th. I'm quite a bit older than you are (I'll be 28 during the program), but I'm currently living with some girls that are 25, 21, and 18, so age really isn't a big issue for me if it doesn't scare you away from being friends!

It's actually going to be my first time away from my family and college/dorm friends and my puppy, so I'm pretty nervous about going and not being able to make any friends while I'm there. I've checked out the facebook groups but I generally avoid fb like the plague so I'm really glad to see some arrivals from the same date as me on here.

Congrats on being accepted! Age is no problem whatsoever. It actually makes me feel better, aha. I totally understand being nervous cause I'm the same way. I've never been away from home for this long before and I know that I'm freaking out that I won't know anyone when I get down there. That's why I love this forum!

Sorry it took me so long to respond, life got a bit busy! lol

Brandi, I sent you a private message, so yeah!

Hi! I'm actually the Mom, but I will have my daughter get on the boards ASAP! Her name is Kelley and she is also arriving on 8/20. She is scheduled to work QSFB. She will be 19 in August and is planning on becoming an Animator so she is very excited to be coming to WDW in the Fall. I wish you all the best of luck!

That's really cool! Tell her to post something to me either private message or just on here! I'm going to be an animator as well, so that's awesome!

Hi Annemarie! Good luck on your auditions! I'd love to be friends. :D I'd like to meet as many people as possible that way I know I'll have people to talk to when I'm down there. It's a fear of mine that I'll go down there and not know anyone. To me, that's the most terrifying part of this whole thing. Aha. Not to say I'm not excited, cause I SO am.

And hi Nicole! I love your username. I <3 Jack Sparrow. (I kinda have a wall dedicated to him in my room. Not even joking. I even have a Jack Sparrow lamp. :D)

It's not letting me respond to your PM! haha it says I have too few posts, I have to get up to 10 in order to send one, and I only have 5. Give me a day or two and i'll rack up enough posts and respond.

And hi Nicole! I love your username. I <3 Jack Sparrow. (I kinda have a wall dedicated to him in my room. Not even joking. I even have a Jack Sparrow lamp. :D)

Haha thanks. Its been my screenname since the first movie. Back before even MySpace existed. I kinda wish I could come up with something different, but I'm lazy and just keep using it over and over...

Although I do sleep with a life-size Jack Sparrow blanket on my bed ;)

I know, it's a weird rule/setting, but I guess I understand having it. I'll try my best to get back to you tonight, though!

Haha thanks. Its been my screenname since the first movie. Back before even MySpace existed. I kinda wish I could come up with something different, but I'm lazy and just keep using it over and over...

Although I do sleep with a life-size Jack Sparrow blanket on my bed ;)

:eek:........Dowant. :lovestruc

I know, it's a weird rule/setting, but I guess I understand having it. I'll try my best to get back to you tonight, though!

Yay!

Hello everyone I am Scott I will be 26 during the program and I am also heading down Aug 20th. I am in the Culinary Program. Any guys going down the 20th?

So, after finally getting back on the boards, I realize how freaking excited I am. I don't know about you guys, but I'm literally bouncing in my seat. We have roughly four months to go! I just need to share my excitement, but I don't know how, so hopefully someone will humor me. :goodvibes

What are some of the things you're excited about?

I'm excited about finally being able to live on my own. I'm also excited about finally being able to see the fireworks at EPCOT for the first time, and being able to see Fantasmic! for the first time. Whenever I got to go to Disney, my parents would always get tired and would want to beat the fireworks croud out of the park so we could get on the monorail without much trouble. So, I never got to see them. I finally got to see The Magic, the Memories, and You! on my 18th birthday because that's all I asked for (and I got to see it twice. :))

But I guess I'm most excited about seeing Disney over the holidays and seeing how it transforms. I can't believe I'll get to be a part of that and I'll be able to bring magic to people's lives. I know it'll sometimes be hard, but I know that it'll be totally worth it. Also, this will be my first REAL job, so I'm kinda excited about that.

Is anyone nervous about the language barrier? I am. I know a lot of foreign guests come into the parks every day and I'll be working attractions, so how will I say "Your child is too small to ride." or something along those lines? I guess I'm just over-thinking it. lol.

I'm also really nervous about living with people I don't know. I've lived in my own room my whole life, so transitioning is going to be an experience... Is there anywhere else to try and find a roommate? I really would like to "meet" them before I live with them, I don't really want to be paired with someone random on the off chance that we don't get along... But I get along well with everyone, but I don't know. This is just the nervous excitement typing. lol.

Thanks for reading my mini-excitement rant. But seriously, what are you excited/nervous about?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter