WDW Annual Pass Timing Speculation

Exactly, I'm a pixie passholder cuz it was all i could get, and I have several friends on Orlando (a DCP CM, even) and really want pirate
I'm not sure if this new announcement applies to anything but the DVD "Sorcerer" pass, though, again, someone who knows will likely jump in.

The Twitter announcement said all of them. Pixie, Pirate, Sorcerer, and Incredipass.

Was about to buy a 10 day ticket each for fam for July but now...hmmm....now I dunno! Will we squeeze in another trip to make it worthwhile? The pass is valid for exactly 365 days? Meaning if I go next summer at the exact same time would it pay off?

Was about to buy a 10 day ticket each for fam for July but now...hmmm....now I dunno! Will we squeeze in another trip to make it worthwhile? The pass is valid for exactly 365 days? Meaning if I go next summer at the exact same time would it pay off?
We found value in the discounts also - so if you do sit down restaurants, stay on property, or buy merch the savings also add up!

We found value in the discounts also - so if you do sit down restaurants, stay on property, or buy merch the savings also add up!
So literally anytime we eat on property it's 20% off? Just as an example let's say we do a character meal in the morning and then a nice dinner at night and it adds up to 300 dollars pre discount we would save about 60 bucks that day?

I am so delighted that my hypothesis was wrong!
(Wash your car if you want it to rain.)

May everyone who wants a new annual pass be successful in getting one.
I don't think your hypothesis was wrong. I go back to when you were mentioning the different levers they can pull. IMO the only reason AP sales are resuming is the bookings for Summer are a lot lower then they had hoped.

So literally anytime we eat on property it's 20% off? Just as an example let's say we do a character meal in the morning and then a nice dinner at night and it adds up to 300 dollars pre discount we would save about 60 bucks that day?
Not anytime....only at particpating venues....but there are a good number to choose from

Do you mean send a friend to Guest Services? That's a good question. It's worth a try. I'd send the friend a copy of your Drivers License (or ID) at the very least. Do you have an existing AP linked to your MDE already? If so, I think the chances would be better that the friend could do it, though I'm just speculating. I'm sure someone who actually knows will jump in to answer this definitively.
I just renewed my AP (2 weeks ago ) at Disney Springs Guest Services .
Also had my sons AP and ID and they would not allow me to update his. They said he had to make the transaction .

If you can make the second trip a week or two before, so that your second trip ends before your passes expire the following year, it is absolutely wort it. This is what my family did for several years.

"Beginning April 20, 2023, existing Walt Disney World Annual Passholders will have the option to upgrade their Annual Pass into any available pass type outside of their renewal window on our website or via the My Disney Experience app. The difference in price must be paid in full at the time of the upgrade and the new pass will have the same expiration date as the original pass."

If you can make the second trip a week or two before, so that your second trip ends before your passes expire the following year, it is absolutely wort it. This is what my family did for several years.
I see so the tickets expire exactly a year from purchase. So if next year's trip overlapped but ended let's say 4 days after this year's trip, those 4 days wouldn't be included in the pass. If that makes sense what I'm asking

I see so the tickets expire exactly a year from purchase. So if next year's trip overlapped but ended let's say 4 days after this year's trip, those 4 days wouldn't be included in the pass. If that makes sense what I'm asking
I think it is a year from first use..not purchase.

APs have traditionally expired 365 days from *activation* - meaning the first day you use it. So buy APs this month, activate in July, say July 10th, for example, and as long as your next trip ends by July 10th, you are good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter