WDW and spinal cord stumulator implant

huckster

DIS Veteran
has aynone went to wdw with this ? did u keep it on, on the rides ,were there any rides you didnt do

bumping up really hoping someone has an implant and can share some wdw experences thanks :)

I have a spinal cord stimulator. I did not use it when at the parks. I took my knee brace with me and would wear that during the day with Lidoderm patches. I took anti-inflamatory pills in the am and then before bed, I did use the stimulator at night time. Hope you have a great vacation.

Hello!

My mother has a spinal cord implant (for pain control) so here is her experience:

She kept it on all day and turned it off at night (her normal routine). As for rides, that's really dependant on your injury/pain/tolerance. The rides didn't increase or decrease the stimulator. She couldn't do a ride like the Animal Safari because it is bumpy and jerky due to her back, not due to the stimultor.

Wow a post I can reply to! My experience is DL, but I had my spinal stim while working and playing there for 2yrs. :rotfl:

Any ride with a g-take off/extended hill gave me a more "concentrated" sensation, briefly, if on a build up hill, I remember space mountain & end of pirates being 2 of them. Think of the feeling when you lay on the stim.
I suppose you could turn it off right before these rides but I didn't.

Let me put it this way, I once left it on during a carny ride where it spins so fast the floor drops and you stick to the wall...3 min of h3!! Nothing at DL or DCA came close. Absolutely no interference, that included backstage. Bring your remote and after the first hill attraction make the call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter