WDW and DL have new mask policy

Sue M

DIS Veteran
Starting July 30 masks now required in all indoor venues. I’m good with this because I planned on wearing masks indoors anyway. Just a heads up to those of us traveling soon.
I am glad we don’t have to wear them walking around outside Florida in August:crazy2:

The thing I worry about is even though vaccinated you Can still test positive for the 72 hr test returning home ? The last thing I want to do is have to quarantine 12 days in a hotel room o_O So many things are making me nervous about this trip! So glad everyone has to mask indoors! I’m just glad we don’t have to walking around outside.

The thing I worry about is even though vaccinated you Can still test positive for the 72 hr test returning home ? The last thing I want to do is have to quarantine 12 days in a hotel room o_O So many things are making me nervous about this trip! So glad everyone has to mask indoors! I’m just glad we don’t have to walking around outside.
We're a week out from our trip. Have you heard of anyone who has tested positive and was unable to board the flight back home? I agree that is one of our biggest concerns. I haven't heard any first-hand accounts of this happening and was wondering what anyone did who encountered that scenario.

I am also reassured by another added layer of protection. Testing positive on the 72h is definitely something to plan for. I am a bit nervous, but logically there is such a small chance of it happening. Between being vaccinated and the 3-5 days needed to test positive after exposure... chances are slim to test positive on Day 4 of a 7 day trip. We will definitely be doning our best masks at the airports and flight! 🤣

I am also reassured by another added layer of protection. Testing positive on the 72h is definitely something to plan for. I am a bit nervous, but logically there is such a small chance of it happening. Between being vaccinated and the 3-5 days needed to test positive after exposure... chances are slim to test positive on Day 4 of a 7 day trip. We will definitely be doning our best masks at the airports and flight! 🤣
We are leaving August 15th for a week. Like you said, roughly 4 days to test positive after getting the virus and actually doing the predeparture test 4 days into the trip means it's important to keep real safe the first few days. I have yet to wear an actual N95 mask but will be bringing some for sure.

We have 3 guest experience passes per day (essentially anytime fastpasses) so we will avoid the initial ropedrop crowds and super long attraction lines so that will help.

If one of us tests positive I would hope to rent a car; I priced it at about $800US.

We are leaving August 15th for a week. Like you said, roughly 4 days to test positive after getting the virus and actually doing the predeparture test 4 days into the trip means it's important to keep real safe the first few days. I have yet to wear an actual N95 mask but will be bringing some for sure.

We have 3 guest experience passes per day (essentially anytime fastpasses) so we will avoid the initial ropedrop crowds and super long attraction lines so that will help.

If one of us tests positive I would hope to rent a car; I priced it at about $800US.

are you leaving the car at a border town or what are your plans to return the car ? Is it a hefty fee to leave it somewhere else ? Can you leave it in Canada if you rent in the US

I just quickly checked Enterprise and it can be left in Buffalo. Would walk the border. $800 US for 3 days is the hefty fee.

We just got back and am actually very thankful that we didn't have to wear masks. That heat was INTENSE and I couldn't imagine wearing a mask in those long lines! I don't think I would've cancelled had masks been implemented, we may have just avoided some lines. Toy Story Mania comes to mind because it is a very long line that wraps mainly outside in the full sun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter