WDW and a 2 year old?

Nathansmommy

all things Disney
we booked our third trip to WDW for March of this year, yay! and this time we are taking our son with us, did you 2 year old enjoy it? what plans did you have? and which parks did you visit? also this will be his first time on an airplane, how did your son/daughter do on their first flight?

DD(7) was 2 on her first trip. She spent most of the week with an expression of absolute joy and amazement on her face and she was better behaved there than at home. She loved the characters. All kids are different though, so it is hard to predict how kids will behave at WDW until you get there. Her first trip we went to all the parks. Her favorites by far were MK and EPCOT. It was also her first plane ride. I was worried because she was extremely high energy and was not good at sitting still. What I did was got some little things for her to play with that she had never seen before and took them on the flight. She has always loved books, so I also took some small board books with us. She did fine on the flights. As long as you bring stuff that will keep his attention, hopefully he will be just fine. Our flight home left in the late after noon early evening, and she was so wiped out from a week at Disney, I think she slept most of the way home. I loved her 2 year old trip- everything was real and magical to her.

We took our 20 month old daughter and she LOVED it! We went to MK, Epcot, and AK. MK was her favorite. She especially loved Dumbo and It's a Small World. This year we will be taking her again and I think it's going to be even better. We do plan to spend more time at MK and less at the other parks. I think sticking with one park will be less overwhelming and more memorable for her. We can ride her favorites multiple times, and she can look forward to going back again in the morning.

We took our twins for their 2nd birthday and they loved it! Buzz Lightyear, Small World, Disney Jr live were all big hits! They both slept on the plane, which was a surprise. My daughter did cry a lot during take off and landing even with a pacifier on the way down. We have them suckers on the way home and she had no problems.

We took our son when he was two and he just loved all of the parks. He still napped every day in the stroller while we did the parks. We took a day and visited every single park, obviously MK had the most to do with him. He also enjoyed the Dino section of Animal Kingdom. As far as flying I cannot answer we drive down when we go.

I took my son this summer when he was 20 months old. It was a fantastic trip! We went with my mom, sister, niece (6.5) and nephew (10). It was late May and early June when we went and it was hot. He handled it all like a champ. He was a little hesitant with his first character (Jake), but never took his eyes off him. He loved Mickey, Pooh and Tigger.

We went to all 4 parks, MK was the favorite of course. He was (and is) an extremely active little boy. He managed to unhook his safety belt in the stroller and escape. We saw and grabbed him, but I also took a harness to use when he refused the stroller, I know my son and he hates being confined.

We were so busy he fell asleep in the stroller a couple of times and slept through POTC and the boat ride in Mexico. But most of the time we went back to the resort mid-day, the older kids wanted to swim. I'm not going to lie, there were a few meltdowns, but I think the older kids had as many as my son!

Small World completely enchanted him, the carousel was a huge hit as well. Haunted Mansion didn't bother him a bit and he liked buzz Lightyear and TSM.

He still gets excited when he sees the castle at the beginning of the Disney movies.

I have been to Disney with all ages 4 and under and everyone had a great time, every time. Don't over schedule, being food, and enjoy!

DS4 was 2 1/2 for his first trip and he did great. It was also his first time flying (2 hour flight) and there were no issues. We had toys and coloring books to keep him occupied on the flight there, and on the way home he was so tired after a week at WDW, he fell asleep in the airport and slept most of the flight home.

We went to all four parks and he enjoyed them all. He was a huge Little Einsteins fan at the time so was very excited to meet the characters, and we did a few character meals (Chef Mickey, Garden Grill, and Hollywood & Vine come to mind immediately). He was a little scared in The Garden Grill restaurant at Epcot because of the lightning, but seeing Mickey there helped calm him down and soon they were watching the rotating scenes together. He rode a few rides at MK (Dumbo, It's a Small World, the flying carpets, and the carousel stick out). We alternated early mornings and late bedtimes so we weren't always on the go and even took a day to sleep in, stay at the resort, swim and relax. Some days he napped in the stroller, some days we went back to the room to rest. Overall it was a great trip!

My DD is now 3 1/2 but she went twice as a 2 year old. She LOVED both trips. She adored characters and rides like Small World, the carousel, the Barnstormer, and Dumbo. She was pretty well behaved for her age. She now asks to go back all the time.

I have been to Disney with all ages 4 and under and everyone had a great time, every time. Don't over schedule, being food, and enjoy!

DD 1st trip was at 2. We showed her some rides on youtube so she knew what was going to happen. We had a small glow in the dark wand that we had her hold on to in Haunted Mansion but she never used it. We just kept saying everything was so silly that she ended up laughing. It ended up being her fav. ride. We did all the parks but we made sure to take a break in the middle of the day to either back to our resort or we rode the monorail several times while she stayed in her stroller to take a nap.

Only one time did we get caught in a long line. We had a few 50 cent toys that we wrapped up just in case and had her open them. She played with them until it was our turn (it was the Jungle cruise that the line just stopped on us but it's DH's fav ride so we perservered.)

Bring snacks and go at their pace.

Cant comment on plane. We drove both times she has gone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter