WDW alone with 2 small kids

Kmygrl73

Mouseketeer
I just needed some insight from other people that love Disney as much as I do. My husband will be going on a week's vacation skiing with the guys. I don't mind at all because it's something that he loves and he goes every year. I have to take the week off of work because we have a 2 year old and a 9 month old. My husband works overnights so he takes care of them during the day while I work. So I will be sitting at home really doing nothing because it's winter and not much to do here. I was thinking of going to WDW for 4 nights with the 2 kids. I am 30 years and totally feel safe at WDW. I can get really good deals on the resort and the airfare, etc. He doesn't think I should go because he would worry about us there but I think we would be fine. Besides, me feeling kind of lonely without an adult, I think I would have a great time. My 2 year old goes crazy over Disney too and we already go at least once if not twice a year. She has already been there 4 times since she was born. Should I do it? I need advice from my crazy Disney fanatics. Would you do it if you were in the same situation?

Thanks. :earsgirl:

I would go if I could. I have three small children and we go every year. If there was another opportunity that I could go and my husband couldn't I would still go. A lot of the time we split up anyway because my husband and son go to baseball games and do "boy" stuff while I take the princesses elsewhere. Have a great time.

I would go if I think I would be able to handle the children on my own. If I had a child that liked to run off alot I wouldn't chance it. But overall I think you all would have fun together. That's just my opinion though. :sunny:

Go for it!!! After all...a not so good day at Disney is much better than a day at home!!!

go for it - i did it when my kids were small - my mother had to work a convention in orlando - so i got free lodging while she worked - we stayed at dixie landings & i went to mk during the day & we met up at night - but even though i had my mother with me at night - the kids were always close to bed when she got back from working so we were really alone most of the time - and it was good - you have special time w/the kids and being in wdw is a little easier w/only you making decisions on what to do -

Go, go go!!!:wave:

I am so excited for you! If it were me, I'd put the 9 month old in the baby bjorn and off I'd go. Where will you stay?

I would do it! Is there anyone else who would like to go along with you? A family member or friend perhaps? I'm taking my dd in November and since I've never been there without any other adults, I asked my parents to come along with me. I may be flying solo next time though! ::yes::

Can a family member go with you? If not, just take it slow. I would wonder how you handle the buses, etc. I would just rent a car or just stay on the monorail and just go to Mk and Epcot. Take all the meds you can carry and bring lots of breakfast items/snacks etc.

I have taken my two children by myself, but my youngest was a 2 yr. old at the time. It was easy. The hardest part was dining at counter service restaurants. I was always asked by other people if I needed any help. That magic that you find at Disney, you know!

This is how I found the Contemporary. I did my first mommy and me (and me..2 dd's) in nov of 1998. I called CRO and said I needed the least expensive resort on the monirail!! I got CR garden wings and the rest is history. The convience of the CR to MK is unbeatable and the views at night of the lake while they were sleeping and I was reading were the just the perfect end the the most perfect days! Everything a single(or solo by choice) parent could want!!! DO IT AND ENJOY!!!!

I would go for it. I would suggest a great light-weight double stroller if possible. I traveled with my Combi Twin Savvy and it was great. It folded up so small that I could handle the children and the stroller. The only problem I encountered while in the parks myself was trying to eat at a buffet. I would not recommend it, sit-down worked out much better. Like other posters stated, other people always offerred to help whenever I was struggling with counter service, etc. especially on the bus.

Personally, I would not go with an infant, especially for the following reason. Have you thought about the rides your 2 year old would like to go on and will you be able to ride with both of them? For instance, on Dumbo, will you sit with your toddler and be able to hold the baby? I'm not sure of the answer, by the way, but your post just got me thinking about it. Looks like I'm very much in the minority here, so I may be completely wrong.

I would go. I would get a double stroller like suggested and plan on just enjoying the little things. I would concentate on the MK, spending time by the pool later afternoons so the baby won't be in full sun, going to fort wilderness and enjoying the activities there. I would explain to dd2 that some things can't be done without daddy -- like spinning tea cups. Even taking a ride on the monorail or visiting resort playgrounds would be fun.

Thanks for everyone's replies. I really appreciate it. I have decided not to go on this particular trip. Mainly for money reasons. We may all be going together within a few months so I figure it is just better to wait so that my husband will be there too. I really love all the positive feedback that I received. Everyone is so great on these boards.
:D

Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter