WDW Admission free on Birthdays!

I did my best to make the whole birthday options thing a bit easier to understand:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/Disney2009Celebration.htm

I was planning on going to WDW for my birthday anyway and have an AP. I want to see what the FastPass deal is like before I decide on taking that or the gift card.

Like I've said before...this isn't anything special to CMs and it doesn't offer anything new besides the free park admission or gift card (which I can't participate in).

The Sweetheart Dinner ALMOST sounded appealing...but I bet it's too expensive for me to even think about. =\

I did my best to make the whole birthday options thing a bit easier to understand:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/Disney2009Celebration.htm

I was planning on going to WDW for my birthday anyway and have an AP. I want to see what the FastPass deal is like before I decide on taking that or the gift card.

Do you think that you could use the birthday ticket towards the purchase of an AP? It does say you can upgrade it, but do you think that upgrade would be included?

Like I've said before...this isn't anything special to CMs and it doesn't offer anything new besides the free park admission or gift card (which I can't participate in).

The Sweetheart Dinner ALMOST sounded appealing...but I bet it's too expensive for me to even think about. =\

CMs aren't eligible? Did you hear this directly? That isn't really fair considering APs are eligible. Not that I'm surprised though, CMs aren't eligible for anything in addition to what is outlined when we sign our lives away...haha

Do you think that you could use the birthday ticket towards the purchase of an AP? It does say you can upgrade it, but do you think that upgrade would be included?

It depends. Usually I renew my AP in December. If I don't need it before the May trip, I may hold off getting it until then.

This trip is still "in the works" and we could arrive one to three days before my birthday, which means I will need a pass before the actual day. That won't work with the free tix.

I'm curious about the Birthday FastPass option. I'm guessing it's the same as what they've been giving out for the YOMD. This might be worthwhile. If not, believe me, I'll have no trouble spending all of the gift card in one day. ;)

Anything for DCL? Since I will be spending my birthday on a ship with a few hundred friends I haven't met yet? :teeth:

Actually this solidifies my plan to surprise DD with a DL birthday. Poor kid is an only child & still the only one in the family who hasn't had a Disney birthday. :rolleyes:

CMs aren't eligible? Did you hear this directly? That isn't really fair considering APs are eligible. Not that I'm surprised though, CMs aren't eligible for anything in addition to what is outlined when we sign our lives away...haha

I saw it on the Disney website and it said so there. I think I'd like this campaign more if I weren't a CM - until then I'm a LITTLE sore about it. However, the CM part of me is also excited for the guests that will get to enjoy this celebration because it's nice when you see a guest have something special happen to them.

Why oh why 2009. I am heading down in 11 days for my birthday celebration.

I don't think that I can take DD out of school next year.....perhaps I should head down alone??

the fastpass sounds interesting...as does the fun card....
now i'm getting excited about the idea..

i'm going to be at WDW right before my birthday (right after the podcast cruise) - maybe i'll stretch my visit out for a few more days.....
tough job, but someone's gotta do it.. ;)

I saw it on the Disney website and it said so there. I think I'd like this campaign more if I weren't a CM - until then I'm a LITTLE sore about it. However, the CM part of me is also excited for the guests that will get to enjoy this celebration because it's nice when you see a guest have something special happen to them.

I certainly agree with that :) I really can't wait to get back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter