• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW Accepts 22 Year Old Ticket for Entry

My Mom has some tickets that are probably close to being that old. Two tickets with two days left on each but you have to use day 1 at the Studios before using day 2 at any park.

I recently ATTEMPTED to use two 30 year old tickets that I won at Disneyland's 30th anniversary on our honeymoon in 1985. I use the word attempted because each of the 3 times I tried to get a new, physical ticket, I was accused of attempting to use an already used ticket. Here I was, thinking, "wow, maybe I'll get a little bit of pixie dust sprinkled on me after telling my honeymoon story..." Was I ever wrong. It took 45 minutes on the second attempt to use one (the first one was just an information gathering trip to the ticket booth) on a day that the park had very limited hours as it was. Major frustration and disappointment. I know I should not have gotten my hopes up about the pixie dust, but the level of misinformation right at the ticket booth was very frustrating.

I'm surprised you had an issue attempting to redeem the ticket. I've seen people bring tickets to Universal from opening day in 1990 and get them complimentary upgraded to Park to Park tickets on a regular basis. I'm actually quite surprised that this made the news.

I don't understand why this is big news! Back then all tickets never expired so if you had a ticket with remaining days you should be able to use it whenever you want to. We have sold one's that we keep joking about using but want to wait longer. I think they are from 1988.

I don't understand why this is big news! Back then all tickets never expired so if you had a ticket with remaining days you should be able to use it whenever you want to. We have sold one's that we keep joking about using but want to wait longer. I think they are from 1988.
We have tickets from 1971, not that it would be worth using them! Let's see, 10 cents to ride the carousel or main street transportation.

My parents used ones that were probably 30 years old the last time we went. Should have notified the media, I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter