WDW 5k in january

mbfaith406

Mouseketeer
Is there anyway to get into the 5K? It says it is sold out but I really want to do it!?! Anyway to get in?

Look at the travel agents or charities listed on the event's page on rundisney.com.

For this year's, I got hubby and son into the 5K using Acclaim Travel (http://patstonetravel.com/walt-disney-world-marathon.php) They are listed on the rundisney page. I am unaffiliated with them. But I used them for this year's 5K and it was perfect.

The one difference between previous years and this year is that it's more of a package deal now.

No there isnt. And I dont believe the charities do 5k tickets even if they have spaces left for people.

Look at the travel agents or charities listed on the event's page on rundisney.com.

For this year's, I got hubby and son into the 5K using Acclaim Travel (http://patstonetravel.com/walt-disney-world-marathon.php) They are listed on the rundisney page. I am unaffiliated with them. But I used them for this year's 5K and it was perfect.

The one difference between previous years and this year is that it's more of a package deal now.
Try the travel agents. Not sure about the 5k, but folks have still been reporting success getting into other races that weekend using travel agents. Good Luck!

Your only options as mentioned are the Travel Agents and any Charities. TA will usually require you to book a trip package with them (most had minimum stays depending on the race) and a charity will require a certain amount of fund raising. But at this point, you may be out of luck. About 60-70% of the 5k entries went to Dopey challenge runners, so the remainder of the bibs sold out pretty gosh darn fast.

The 5K and the 10K sell out in like an hour,you have like 7,000-8,000 runners doing the Dopey challenge(running all 4 races) so that leaves just a few thousand slots for runners who are only signing up for the 5K and 10K.That's the only negative thing about the Dopey challenge,instead of families and and runners who only want to do the smaller races most of those doing them are there to run 48.6 miles over the weekend.

If anyone looks at the Acclaim page, as I did, they would see the that the 5K does not indicate they've sold out of their bibs for it.... Now, that page is very different from the other pages, but the other pages do show what is and isn't sold out. And that's not on the January races page. Worth a call, that's for sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter