• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW 35th anniversay? Overlapping with DL 50th?

DisneyMom5

DIS Veteran
Maybe this has been asked before, but are they planning anything special for the 35th at WDW?
I just realized that my first WDW trip (honeymoon) was on the 20th, and we'll be married 15 yrs next year. So stands to reason its the 35th, right? LOL
It makes me happy to share an anniversary (sort of) with WDW. :)

Congraqtulations! Disney is trying to make "company celebrations" instead of Park celebrations, so you may not see too much according to a CM. I asked this same question last month when I was there.

I don't think that they are planning anything for the 35th, because they didn't plan anything for the 30th. I think the next celebration will be in 2007 for Epcot's 25th.

DizParks said:
I don't think that they are planning anything for the 35th, because they didn't plan anything for the 30th. I think the next celebration will be in 2007 for Epcot's 25th.

Well, unless I can talk dh into moving it up a year (hint, hint) we were planning on '07, so that works for me. LOL

DisneyMom5 said:
Maybe this has been asked before, but are they planning anything special for the 35th at WDW?
I just realized that my first WDW trip (honeymoon) was on the 20th, and we'll be married 15 yrs next year. So stands to reason its the 35th, right? LOL
It makes me happy to share an anniversary (sort of) with WDW. :)

I asked a person I know that works for the Disney Archives. He says that he doesnt know of any plans yet. But my aunt has a friend that works fir Disney World, she plans events and stuff like that. So I'll see if i can find out anything form her and I'll get back to ya.

I think it is very sad that they will not do anything for the 35th Anniversary, but more Epcot 25th. The 35th is not just of MK, But when WDW Opened. I hope they rethink this quickly!! :guilty: :confused3

DizParks said:
And I think for Epcot's 25th, the Soarin' film will be changed from California to a more global theme.

DizParks said:

I was there on the 30th anniversary and they kinda did something it wasnt a big celebration. The media was there and there were t-shirts and stuff for the events. Nothing crazy like making the castle into a giant pink cake or anything. We did get to sing happy birthday to the bears at the country bear jamboree which was neat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter