WDW 3 Day Park Hopper passes

Hev71

Earning My Ears
Can anyone tell me if the 3day park hopper passes I just received are o.k to still use? They are the plastic credit card type with Mickey & Minnie on them. I ordered them through Alamo's 1-800 # and they cost approx. $176.00 USD.
I am a little concerned as I understand that WDW has now gone back to using paper tickets? Do I need to have them validated when we get to the park too?
Thanks for the info!
:confused:

The Alamo tickets were sold directly by Disney even though you may not have been aware of it when you ordered them. You were actually talking to Disney. These are your actual tickets.

Disney never stopped using paper tickets. They are still sold through AAA, ticket wholesalers and at some WDW ticket booths. The hard plastic credit card type tickets are only available through Disney though.

Are these still available? I'm not sure if it worth it to get these instead of a 4 day. Anyone else have 3 days?

Mike

Is there any expiration date on the 3 day hoppers or do they work just like the 4, 5 etc. hoppers where they begin when you go to WDW and run them through the turnstile? These would be perfect for us.

sorry ... one more question...I looked them up on the alamo site and it gave a number to call...any idea when or if this offer ends any time soon? Why can't we buy 3 day hoppers from Disney directly?

Originally posted by tbuot
Is there any expiration date on the 3 day hoppers or do they work just like the 4, 5 etc. hoppers where they begin when you go to WDW and run them through the turnstile? These would be perfect for us.
No expiration and yes they work just like any other hopper.

I guess you cannot purchase them directly from Disney because it is a deal via Alamo. When you call, ask them.

Originally posted by tbuot
...Why can't we buy 3 day hoppers from Disney directly?
My best guess would be that since they have four parks, they want you to purchase a ticket that will get you to do a park a day.

Quick history lesson:

They sold plenty of three day tickets when the only parks were MK, EC, and MGM.

Then in the mid-'90s changes came. They discontinued the three day tickets and replaced them with the 4 day Value Pass ticket where you got one admission to MK, one admission to EC, one admission to MGM and a fourth to use at whatever park you wanted. The then-available regular All-In-One tickets were only sold for 5, 6, or 7 days. Notice that the Value Pass was the only way you could get a 4 day ticket.

In May of '99, the Value Pass and All-In-One tickets were all history having been replaced by the current Park Hopper and Park Hopper Plus tickets. This also heralded the return of the four day unrestricted park hopping pass.

Disney now only makes 3 day PHs available as specialty tickets sold to conventions or special offers like the Alamo deal or through limited time special offers to the independent ticket wholesalers.

Originally posted by GoldenOldie
My best guess would be that since they have four parks, they want you to purchase a ticket that will get you to do a park a day.

Quick history lesson:

They sold plenty of three day tickets when the only parks were MK, EC, and MGM.

Then in the mid-'90s changes came. They discontinued the three day tickets and replaced them with the 4 day Value Pass ticket where you got one admission to MK, one admission to EC, one admission to MGM and a fourth to use at whatever park you wanted. The then-available regular All-In-One tickets were only sold for 5, 6, or 7 days. Notice that the Value Pass was the only way you could get a 4 day ticket.

In May of '99, the Value Pass and All-In-One tickets were all history having been replaced by the current Park Hopper and Park Hopper Plus tickets. This also heralded the return of the four day unrestricted park hopping pass.

Disney now only makes 3 day PHs available as specialty tickets sold to conventions or special offers like the Alamo deal or through limited time special offers to the independent ticket wholesalers.

WOW!!!! Great history lesson, thanks. I figured it was a special deal with Alamo. Occasionally you can get them via Mousesavers links that are in the newsletter.

could someone please post the website to the three day park hoppers, I can't find them on the alamo site I'm pulling up.....thanks for any help you can provide.

Hi funnyhunny!

You need to go to the Alamo site, and at the bottom of the page there is a picture of Cinderella. Click on that. Then click on Disney World Ticket Information at the bottom of that page. The next page will give you a number to call to inquire about tickets:
800-560-2397.

Hope that this helps. :)

1 800 560-2397

It takes a couple of extra clicks to get to the page with the number.

Just ordered mine today! They offered the 4 day passes when I called--I had to ask about the 3 days. FYI, they deliver them free first class or will send them FedEx for $10. I'm really cheap and chose the PO, but of course now I will stress over it until they get here. Thought I'd give some of you a heads up so you can decide what you're comfortable with before you call them.:smooth:

Do you need to be renting a car through Alamo to be able to purchase the 3 day hopper passes?

Just wanted to add that I ordered from the almo number and asked for the 3 day park hopper pass and they told me it came with a plus one day that was a surprise for me it cost 169.35 for adults and 135.27 for child ticket. You can also pick the tickets up at the will call window in anyone of the parks.:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

It means that you get one admission to a water park or Pleasure Island.

My Sister got one of these from Alamo for our trip this month. I came very quickly and she is pleased.

Daisimae :cool:

Central Florida Tickets and Travel is having a Three Day Disney Hopper Plus sale for people who sign up (FREE) for their new "membership program" (special offers monthly or so available to members only - the current special is the three day hopper plus pass). You can learn more or sign up at their website:
www.centralfloridatravel.com .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter