WDW 13 Refections of Evil event

dizfan

DIS Veteran
Is anyone else stunned that Friday (the first day of the event) apparently sold out in an hour?

I should be but considering its villians I was afried I wouldnt even get in on saturday.

I think it is crazy you could only buy the three days separate for about the price for Friday ($113.00) you used to be able to get into the entire event last year. Have made just about every pin event since they started them but not this time just too expensive and now it is sold out anyways. Another event Disney has raised the price on to keep people from going to them!!!

I was thinking about going to this but decided I'd be overwhelmed since it would only be the 2nd pin event I've ever gone too.

Once I saw the cost, I was doubly glad I decided not to even try to get in.
As much as it cost, I'd have thought it wouldn't have sold out but I guess everyone loves villians.

I just read a rumor that Friday may be limited to 500 people, but there is a chance they will change it to 750 and use names on the Friday wait list.

I'm going because I'm a vinyls junkie, I love villains & it happened to fall on my birthday this year (9/13/13) but I haven't been to one of these events in like 10 years! I have no idea what I'm doing but I can't wait!! lol
:confused3
:)

I'm going because I'm a vinyls junkie, I love villains & it happened to fall on my birthday this year (9/13/13) but I haven't been to one of these events in like 10 years! I have no idea what I'm doing but I can't wait!! lol
:)

Wow, a 9/13 birthday falling on 9/13/13. Sounds like a great birthday present.
Hope you have a great birthday!

Anyone already put in there cataloge requests in yet? I was planning on doing mine this week.

Anyone already put in there cataloge requests in yet? I was planning on doing mine this week.

Just came out today...

The lucky 7 have cast a spell of their own on the RSP! Based on feedback from our attendees, we are separating the single RSP into three separate sections. The forms will be closed for approximately three weeks while they work their magic. Attendees will be notified via email when the form re-opens.

Any selections submitted during your original RSP submission will be re-set and you will then be able to re-submit your choices when the new forms open.
The 3 RSP’s will be:
Pin Trading (items 1-20)
Art & Collectible (items 21-50)
Vinylmation™ Trading (items 51-55)
Guests attending Friday, Sept. 13 will have the ability to participate in RSPs A, B, and C. Guests attending Saturday only will have the ability to participate in RSP A and RSP B. Guests attending Sunday only will have the ability to participate in RSP B and C. (Guests attending Saturday and Sunday will also have the ability to participate in RSP A, B, and C.)

Can anyone tell me how the vinyl trading works? I have absolutely no idea!!!
Thanks!!

The only time I ever traded vinylmation was at the vinylmation store at WDW in Downtown Disney. I had bought 2 of the same thing by accident earlier in the trip so I just asked if I could trade with them.

They brought the thing with the vinylmation in it forward and I picked a number (you couldn't see what you were trading for) and they brought the vinylmation out. Luckily it was one I wanted so we traded.

That's about my experience with it.

Earlier in the thread I said I wasn't going to the Reflections of Evil Event. Well I decided to throw caution to the wind and booked for Saturday, Sept. 14th. Now I just need to figure out how these events work. I know I have to pick the pins I'm interested in for the RSP but that's about it.

The only other pin event I've ever gone to was for the new Fantasyland pins at Coronado Springs Convention Center. Basically I stood in line for a few hours, filled out a form for the pins I wanted and when I got to the front of the line, they pulled the pins they still had left that I wanted, I paid for them and left.

I probably missed most of the fun at that one since I didn't do pin trading.

I've never done that but will have some pins with me for trading at the Reflections of Evil Event so that will be another new experience for me. :thumbsup2

I wanted to ask - at these events can you leave and get back in?

I've got a late lunch ADR booked in World Showcase and was planning on leaving and then going back after that lunch.

Anyone know if that's possible?

I have the same question. We are debatting if we need to buy the box lunch or not. We have dinner at 6:30 though so will likly miss the last hour on saturday. I hope there is no big event at the rnd of these tradding events we will miss.

You can certainly leave and get back in. You will just need to show your credentials to get back in the venue.

Suzi

You can certainly leave and get back in. You will just need to show your credentials to get back in the venue.

Suzi

Thanks!

I was thinking I'd be able to but I did used to go to Hallmark Ornament Events years and years ago where you couldn't get back in once you left so I thought I'd check.

I have the same question. We are debatting if we need to buy the box lunch or not. We have dinner at 6:30 though so will likly miss the last hour on saturday. I hope there is no big event at the rnd of these tradding events we will miss.

Last year, we saw many people from the event at UK either having fish and a beer during lunch on Saturday. We originally signed up for the box lunch on Saturday, but are going to cancel. DW enjoys the UK fish and chips and I enjoy a Black and Tan to ease the pain of standing in line for two long days.

I forget the timing, but last year they did announce a few big winners on Saturday. Every attendee was entered and they drew a few names. They were awarded some nice surprise packages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter