WDW 1 month after surgery

Aerorea

Mouseketeer
I may need to have surgery to remove a small, but very annoying and occasionally painful ovarian cyst. I've tried the "wait and see" option since July, but it isn't getting any smaller. My doctor has advised me that it will need to be surgically removed via laparoscopy if it is still there on my next ultrasound in a few weeks. I've already been scheduled for surgery for 10/27, just in case with the option of canceling it if the ultrasound is favorable. She made it sound like it wasn't a big deal, but I'm worried about it. We've had a WDW trip booked since last year and I really don't want to cancel it. We're set to arrive on 11/28 - just a month post surgery.

So, my questions are, have you been to WDW so soon after abdominal surgery? Would you advise against it? Should I limit myself and not go on any bumpy rides? If I don't have any major pain before my next appointment and it hasn't grown, I might just ask the doctor if we can postpone the surgery.

Thank you!

I am in a similar position. I am having a supposedly minor outpatient procedure on 10-01 and going to Disney 11-15, six weeks after. I'm not cancelling, and will go down in a blaze of glory if needed, but I don't think it will be necessary.

I have had 2 previous surgeries- a laproscopic gallbladder surgery, and a lithotripsy with stent for a kidney stone. With either of those I would have been fine to go to Disney a month later.

Thank you for the response.

Of course once I start thinking of postponing this surgery, now I have pain again. So much for that idea!

lol count me in the surgery boat! My trip isn't until December BUT I'm going to be learning how to re-use my right hand/wrist. Good luck to us all the next few months :goodvibes

Last year I had laparoscopic laser surgery for uterine biopsies and went to Disney 3 weeks later and I was fine. Good luck and have fun at Disney!

I had emergency appendectomy at WDW a few years ago. It was open not lap. Procedure was at 10pm on a Wed. night. I went to CP at Epcot on Friday night - walked. Of course I was pretty tired the next day.

Thank you for all the responses. You've definitely helped make me feel better about this.

I had a laparoscopy for my ovarian cyst and was 100 percent better by 2 weeks after. just dont go run a marathon and you should be ok :) I was bothered by things that bumped or jarred me for a few months tho...may need to watch what rides you go on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter