• on Disney Wonder

• on Disney Dream

• on Disney Fantasy

• 3 or 4 night

• 7+ night

• East Coast departure

• West Coast departure

Results are only viewable after voting.
Angie - I'm not going to try for California in February. I have a better chance of being able to do the October cruise if I don't do anything else :upsidedow

Angie - glad you liked the "new" Magic - would love a more indepth review if you ever get the chance/time/inclination :) Did you have any issues?

Jan - sounds like that was a wonderful tribute to Tom's dad.

Michelle - glad you enjoyed yourself & feel motivated. Make sure you get some rest though, don't want you getting run down.

I've been resting... I've actually been sleeping really good lately.

I am still getting over the cold I got when Angie & Dennis were still in Orlando (I think it started 10/29). Doing the vitamin D3, the B liquid and some OTC to help with the nasal congestion. Hope to knock this out soon.

I used Advil cold and sinus when I was in Jersey... I really thing that I'm just allergic to NJ... ;) But it helped a lot. hope you feel better!

Had a great visit with Jackie when she was here - even though she slept over at Deb & John's :rotfl2:

We ended up doing the Disney Dream for our birthdays - 11/3-11/7. We boarded on my birthday & disembarked on hers. Weirdest thing ever since we booked it only 8 days before sailing (FL resident rate came out). I didn't really believe it was happening/didn't get excited until we were pulling up to the ship! :lmao:

Hard to believe it's only been 1 week since we left the ship (seems longer) and it's only been 4 days since Jackie went home (Monday).

Saturday & Sunday were spent in Miami with Will & Mickey, touring 2 of NCL's ships (pics posted on fb).

This weekend, I'll be meeting up with Deb & John at Ghiradelli's (Sat), then at their house for dinner on Sunday (with Will & Mickey).

sounds like you're busy! Don't forget to get your freebie chocolate at Ghiardelli's! :cheer2:

Angie - I'm not going to try for California in February. I have a better chance of being able to do the October cruise if I don't do anything else :upsidedow
Ok. Understand that. We are having to cut back a bit on our trips also. I told Dennis we have to stop acting like we are rich because we are NOT! :rotfl::lmao:
Angie - glad you liked the "new" Magic - would love a more indepth review if you ever get the chance/time/inclination :) Did you have any issues?

Only issue we had was with the new set up at Cabanas. It would probably be ok at non busy times, but when 2 large excursions return at 1:30 it was madness. When we entered the door we were told to move on down because they "don't want any lines". Only problem was there were lines coming together at each of the different "stations" and I could not tell where each began or ended. Eventually I got one taco and a slice of beef. (while getting the taco a woman reached over and pushed her way in saying she just wanted some chilis, but then got shell, meat and all the trimmings! No hard feeling though after I experienced the rest of the visit, since I am sure she was just trying to get SOMETHNG to eat!) No veggies because it was impossible for me to tell where the line started and I did not want to cut in front of anyone. The desserts are now behind glass and there are 2, sometimes 1, CM that you have to ask for what you want. There were as many as 6 people in each of the two lines for that and not any time to "browse" and see what they have, so I just asked for the jello which was the first thing I saw when I finally got up to the counter. We only tried it that once and after that we went to Lumiere's. We put on our comment card that we would not eat there again and I ran into our dining manager with my plate of taco and beef slice and told him it is a ridiculous set up that this is all I could get. He offered to get me whatever I wanted, of course, but since I could not get up to the stations to see what they had, I told him that would not be helpful, but the 4 lines moving past all the food as it used to be would be very helpful. :) My rant. Otherwise, we loved it all. The atrium is so open feeling now and everything was bright and clean. They show pictures of different pirate scenes in AP during dinner on Pirate Night and I thought we were very lucky to have gotten that rotation.

Only issue we had was with the new set up at Cabanas. It would probably be ok at non busy times, but when 2 large excursions return at 1:30 it was madness. When we entered the door we were told to move on down because they "don't want any lines". Only problem was there were lines coming together at each of the different "stations" and I could not tell where each began or ended. Eventually I got one taco and a slice of beef. (while getting the taco a woman reached over and pushed her way in saying she just wanted some chilis, but then got shell, meat and all the trimmings! No hard feeling though after I experienced the rest of the visit, since I am sure she was just trying to get SOMETHNG to eat!) No veggies because it was impossible for me to tell where the line started and I did not want to cut in front of anyone. The desserts are now behind glass and there are 2, sometimes 1, CM that you have to ask for what you want. There were as many as 6 people in each of the two lines for that and not any time to "browse" and see what they have, so I just asked for the jello which was the first thing I saw when I finally got up to the counter. We only tried it that once and after that we went to Lumiere's. We put on our comment card that we would not eat there again and I ran into our dining manager with my plate of taco and beef slice and told him it is a ridiculous set up that this is all I could get. He offered to get me whatever I wanted, of course, but since I could not get up to the stations to see what they had, I told him that would not be helpful, but the 4 lines moving past all the food as it used to be would be very helpful. :) My rant. Otherwise, we loved it all. The atrium is so open feeling now and everything was bright and clean. They show pictures of different pirate scenes in AP during dinner on Pirate Night and I thought we were very lucky to have gotten that rotation.

I only ate at Cabanas on the Dream once - worst part IMO was trying to find a seat & then trying to squeeze around the other people/tables to get to that seat.

I agree with you about not knowing where the lines start - there were people coming from both directions. I just dove in :rotfl2:

Did you ever find out what was wrong with Jeffrey? Did he, Marishka & Aaron have a good time? (I know, dumb question :goodvibes)

I only ate at Cabanas on the Dream once - worst part IMO was trying to find a seat & then trying to squeeze around the other people/tables to get to that seat.

I agree with you about not knowing where the lines start - there were people coming from both directions. I just dove in :rotfl2:

Did you ever find out what was wrong with Jeffrey? Did he, Marishka & Aaron have a good time? (I know, dumb question :goodvibes)

No diagnosis, but he got better. The opinions of MDs were gastritis or hiatal hernia. I'm thinking gastritis because it seemed to resolve in about 3 days.

They had a good time. Mariska wants to do a girls trip, Jeff is planning on sailing with us in Dec 2014 for a 4 day on the Wonder. We are taking my nephew, his wife, their son and daughter in law with 1 year old girl, their daughter and son in law (these are the 2 that planned it with us and then talked mom, dad and bro into going).

Oh, and Aaron, of course, had a great time at the Edge. We saw him at dinner (he did not stay for dessert) and on excursions! :rotfl: We flew to Denver with him post cruise though, so I had him right next to me for that time. :goodvibes:cloud9::hug:

Michelle-- glad you are getting good rest and are still benefiting from the class.

Monica -- glad you had such fun Birthday events.

Angie-- we has the same opinion of a Cabanas on the Dream and are surprised that they duplicated the mad house on the Magic. Repeated dining there improves the experience because people get familiar with the arrangement of food and movement plan. But hard feelings occur when first-timers try to be polite and others try to be fast.

Who is Mariska?

:grouphug:

Angie-- we has the same opinion of a Cabanas on the Dream and are surprised that they duplicated the mad house on the Magic. Repeated dining there improves the experience because people get familiar with the arrangement of food and movement plan. But hard feelings occur when first-timers try to be polite and others try to be fast.

:group hug:

Makes sense, but still frustrating. I know I've had to bite my tongue before to stop myself from being snarky. :rolleyes1

Who us??? Snarky???? NEVER!!! :lmao:

Now it's time for me to take the QM out shopping...

Makes sense, but still frustrating. I know I've had to bite my tongue before to stop myself from being snarky. :rolleyes1

Who us??? Snarky???? NEVER!!! :lmao:

Now it's time for me to take the QM out shopping...

:sad2: Nope, not us. :thumbsup2

It is frustrating when the CMs tell you there is not supposed to be a line, they are FOOD STATIONS and then the other guests behave as if there is a line or you SHOULD AT LEAST come to the FOOD STATION and get in line BEHIND THEM.

But, of course, some people are more SPECIAL than others. And even if you are Concierge, you still have to wait in line or deal with people in the diningrooms.

Ok. Understand that. We are having to cut back a bit on our trips also. I told Dennis we have to stop acting like we are rich because we are NOT! :rotfl::lmao:
QUOTE]

That's same with us... lol :rotfl:

Ian said last one next Sept WBTA Disney Cruise (I don't think so):goodvibes:goodvibes

We are fine here and very proud of my daughter achieved cup final winner last Saturday with Hibs u15 Football (Soccer).. Beat hot favourite team :thumbsup2

It was so unbelievable also won 2nd in league and she got another medals too.

She gave up last year Musselburgh Girls team and she was playing last Sept with boys deaf team and coach spotted her and invited her to big club Hibs and they accepted her by two weeks training. That was last Sept then played semi cup final beat Rangers Girls last month.

We are going to representation night out on 23 Nov and celebrities for Cup Winner too...

Is that fantastic news? We are very proud of her.

Scottishwee35

QUOTE]

Ian said last one next Sept WBTA Disney Cruise (I don't think so):goodvibes:goodvibes

We are fine here and very proud of my daughter achieved cup final winner last Saturday with Hibs u15 Football (Soccer).. Beat hot favourite team :thumbsup2

She gave up last year Musselburgh Girls team and she was playing last Sept with boys deaf team and coach spotted her and invited her to big club Hibs and they accepted her by two weeks training. That was last Sept then played semi cup final beat Rangers Girls last month.

We are going to representation night out on 23 Nov and celebrities for Cup Winner too...

Scottishwee35

Good for her!! :cheer2: You should be very proud! :thumbsup2

Scottishwee35

Yay Olivia!!! That's quite an accomplishment!!! I remember when she was just starting to play... :jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:

Took mom out shopping today. She doesn't like to drive when it gets so dark so early. Just some little stuff... and the LL Bean store in Colonie Center. I do love my LL Bean store... :goodvibes

It's nice to get on line and see that the thread is moving along nicely!!!

Good to see everyone back...

now go prod someone into coming back and visiting... ;)

Ohhh now come on Monica.... (bigger.... ;) )

Birthday-Glitters-39.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEB!!!!!

party:party:party:party:

How's that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter