• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WBRepo-Ship of Thieves-Remember the Magic Pt 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All :wave:

Just popping in to say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Hope everyone is keeping well :grouphug:

Thank you to all who sent out cards! Sorry, but I just didn't get ANY out this year...there's always next year, right?!

Kathe

Deb.. I thought you'd like this one...

DSC01617.jpg

Hi Michelle :yay:

I stayed at Pop Century before my Fantasy cruise in Nov, so saw this in person, since this resort is adjacent to Pop :thumbsup2

Hi All :wave:

Just popping in to say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Hope everyone is keeping well :grouphug:

Thank you to all who sent out cards! Sorry, but I just didn't get ANY out this year...there's always next year, right?!

Kathe

Hi Kathe!!!!! :yay:

Missed you!!!!

Surprise! Surprise! It's snowing outside. Ha! Like that's any new news. Another 4 inches so far and we already had 4 inches on the ground so we're working on having a foot out there. AND it's not slowing down so we're on our way to getting more than four inches. We just paid James to come and plow us out and now I wrote another check to him and placed a call. Got his voice mail and left a message. That's $100 in snow plowing in one week. This winter is going to be very very expensive if this keeps up.

Hi Kathe. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Nice to see you over here again. How was your Fantasy trip? Who did you cruise with? I bet Sarah is hooked on cruising now that she has gone with you before. How is the little one? I bet she is growing up fast. How old is Serenity now?

Surprise! Surprise! It's snowing outside. Ha! Like that's any new news. Another 4 inches so far and we already had 4 inches on the ground so we're working on having a foot out there. AND it's not slowing down so we're on our way to getting more than four inches. We just paid James to come and plow us out and now I wrote another check to him and placed a call. Got his voice mail and left a message. That's $100 in snow plowing in one week. This winter is going to be very very expensive if this keeps up.

Just think how much you'll save next year!!! :banana::banana:

Hi Kathe. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Nice to see you over here again. How was your Fantasy trip? Who did you cruise with? I bet Sarah is hooked on cruising now that she has gone with you before. How is the little one? I bet she is growing up fast. How old is Serenity now?

Hi Deb :)

Fantasy cruise was awesome. Yes, Sara cruised with me and we both loved the new ship. We had an 8D oceanview, and although I have always loved my inside cabins, I must admit it will be hard to go back to one after being in this cabin. Serenity was a lot of fun this Christmas, she is 5.

I don't remember you ever saying you had to pay someone to plow your driveway other winters. Did this just change? Is John not able to do this anymore? Sounds like an awful expense, especially when you can't control the amount of snow you will get!!! Will you be in Florida by next winter then? That will be a fun move to plan, although a lot of work I am sure.

I have a feeling that it's going to be a "regular" winter.. which we haven't had the last couple of years.

It's good for the ski businesses. Especially Oak Mountain. That's the one up at the lake. A young couple bought it this year and they need all the help from Mother nature they can get. :thumbsup2

Hi Deb :)

Fantasy cruise was awesome. Yes, Sara cruised with me and we both loved the new ship. We had an 8D oceanview, and although I have always loved my inside cabins, I must admit it will be hard to go back to one after being in this cabin. Serenity was a lot of fun this Christmas, she is 5.

I don't remember you ever saying you had to pay someone to plow your driveway other winters. Did this just change? Is John not able to do this anymore? Sounds like an awful expense, especially when you can't control the amount of snow you will get!!! Will you be in Florida by next winter then? That will be a fun move to plan, although a lot of work I am sure.

I'm so glad you loved the Fantasy and so did Sara. I can't give up my balcony. I love being outside cruising the ocean.

Serenity is 5!!!!!! OMG I was thinking maybe 3 or 4. Time really does fly fast. I bet she was so adorable this year for Christmas. This is a perfect age!!! I'm sure you enjoyed it.

Until this winter, we always had our own truck with a plow and John did it. Then the truck needed a lot of mechanical work and we traded it in for a 4 wheel drive Suzuki. For the past two winters, we only had snow once. This winter we have gotten hit three times already. It figures.

We were just in Florida in December. We found the house and the area that we want to live in.....it's Haines City.....not far from Monica. John retires 2/1/13 but we won't get a moving truck up our driveway in the winter. So we are forced to wait until spring. At the end of March we'll go back to Florida and pay the money and sign the papers for our house. Then we'll move down in April. It's a big job that I'm not looking forward to doing, but after it's done and we live down there.....it will all be worth it.

I have a feeling that it's going to be a "regular" winter.. which we haven't had the last couple of years.

It's good for the ski businesses. Especially Oak Mountain. That's the one up at the lake. A young couple bought it this year and they need all the help from Mother nature they can get. :thumbsup2

I think you're right Shell. We're going to get some snow this winter. I think it will be on the ground until spring because we'll always get a new snowfall. It does look pretty when it's falling.

We have Blue Mountain ski resort up here....I can see the mountain and the lights from my bathroom window. A good snowy winter will be very good for the ski resorts.

I'll enjoy this last winter since I like the change of seasons and I will miss that after we move. But I can always come back and visit anytime I want. That's good to have.

:coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

Today is the last day of the regular Football season. Next weekend starts playoffs leading up to the Superbowl. Today will be the last Giants game of the season. They won't be moving on to the playoffs this year. I hope they at least win the last game today.....GO GIANTS!!!!

Hi Kathe! So good to see you checking in! I've been wondering how the newest grandbabies are doing. :)

I hate not knowing when Tyler is going to be picked up. His dad was supposed to pick him up an hour and a half ago. I suspect that with the holiday he may have forgotten what day of the week it is, but.....poor Tyler thinks he forgot about him, so I've texted him to ask when he's coming.

hey Deb.. are you going to close the house up or rent it out?

Neither.....the kid still lives here and he's going to stay after we leave. We'll pay half his mortgage so he can afford to stay on his own and in exchange for that, we still own half of the house and Angel and Ella can stay here. So even if we don't take everything we want, we can always come back and get it later. It works out for everybody.

I hate not knowing when Tyler is going to be picked up. His dad was supposed to pick him up an hour and a half ago. I suspect that with the holiday he may have forgotten what day of the week it is, but.....poor Tyler thinks he forgot about him, so I've texted him to ask when he's coming.

That's just wrong....to the best of his ability he should be consistent and pick him up at the same time on the same day. He should be like clockwork. I understand that sometimes circumstances change, but if it's for no other reason other than it was a holiday, is just wrong!

That's just wrong....to the best of his ability he should be consistent and pick him up at the same time on the same day. He should be like clockwork. I understand that sometimes circumstances change, but if it's for no other reason other than it was a holiday, is just wrong!
He responded to my text and said he could be here in 20 minutes. Then he texted again a few minutes later asking how I wanted to handle the new year holiday. I told him it's his holiday because Christmas was mine this year, so there's nothing to handle. DUH. We've been alternating holidays for 10 years now, dummy. So when he got here (at 7:30 instead of 5) he was pissy because he though that since he had Christmas Eve (I didn't pick up Tyler last Sunday night because of Christmas Eve being his day, we always do that when there's a holiday that falls the day after pick up day to avoid unneccessary bouncing back and forth), he assumed I'd have Tyler New Years Eve and he'd pick him up New Year's Day. So I had to remind him that New Year is not a holiday that is split, only Christmas. The actual "holiday" is considered New Years Eve. His response was "sorry I'm late" and they were out the door. I heard Tyler asking him on the way out, "So were you guys out doing something?" and dad responded "Yeah, we were eating dinner out". So I interrupted his dinner. GOOD. Idiot.

Then stepmom brought Tyler back 15 minutes later, as I was pulling out of the driveway to go get some pop. She said he forgot his glasses and she'd brought him back to look for them. Well, that was nice of her, but he was wearing them when they picked him up. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Those 2 are perfect together because they're both clueless! :rotfl:

Neither.....the kid still lives here and he's going to stay after we leave. We'll pay half his mortgage so he can afford to stay on his own and in exchange for that, we still own half of the house and Angel and Ella can stay here. So even if we don't take everything we want, we can always come back and get it later. It works out for everybody.
This sounds like the perfect situation for all! :thumbsup2

Sorry for everybody getting snow who doesn't want it. I'd take it from you if I could! ;) We can still see grass in spots and I haven't had to get my shovel out yet. I need to go buy a new snowbrush for my car soon too because I haven't been able to find my old one. Oh well.....I've had that one since the late 90s. I've held onto it because I bought it when I had my Camaro, so I was holding onto it hoping I could keep it until I get a replacement Camaro. Wishful thinking! :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter