WBRepo-Ship of Thieves-Remember the Magic Pt 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diversions???

Kathe & I will be in there having our Guinness :drinking1 :lmao: Jackie will be having a girly drink & having the munchies ;)

We'll be there too! Our favorite hang out on the ship. Chips and salsa... And the occassional game too..

There have been a few complaint emails/letters been sent from fellow Jan PC cruisers who are also on the Hawaii cruise, who had less than good experiences on the Wonder PC. They don't want a repeat on the Hawaii cruise so it has spurred them into action. Worries that by then of course the Fantasy will have taken some well trained(by then) crew to move to her.

In the extract I sent them I said that I wondered if the Dream syphoned off the experienced staff.

I thought they should know how I felt. In fact, I think the feelings I had, and you and Cheri had on the Wonder are more dangerous than out and out complaints.

The "magic" is part of their brand and a differentiator for the prices they charge. Without that, similar tiered cruise lines begin to look more attractive and a bit less expensive.

Our next experience will be the Dream on the B2B in November.

I had a good time at the Home & Garden show....very crowded tho. It was an interesting show. Got the info I wanted about sunroom/Florida rooms and zero-scaping (artificial lawn that looks real). I can't afford to re-sod my lawn every 3 years.

I got out of there with only spending a minimal amount of $.....bought some dips (packages where all you do is add sour cream & mayonaise) & a back support for my chair.

Had dinner at my favourite chinese restaurant Saturday night w/ Marlene (friend that's going to Alaska & Hawaii) & then only did :laundy: while watching movies yesterday (watched Twilight:New Moon, The Shunning (based on Beverly Lewis' book), and Truth be told (Fox Family)). Also watched Amazing Race, Upstairs/Downstairs & Brothers & Sisters. (lots of sitting on my tush yesterday) :lmao:

Oooooohh........artificial lawn that looks real.....that's what I need!!!! :cloud9: No more mowing! I don't know what it means to re-sod a lawn, but it sounds like a good thing to NOT have to do! :thumbsup2

I LOVE it, you guys!!!

I just got back from getting my hair done: cut, color, highlight, wax eyebrows. Just took two hours. My lady is fast. I went with brown and dark blonde highlights. I kept the length, just made it healthy and got long layers around the face. Pretty standard, nothing radical. Sounds like you and Tyler will have a lot of fun with your hair colors. I want pics.

Well, you'll see us with it. ;)

Been super busy this week, something planned just about every day after work this week, so no time to catch up on here until today, but I won't have a chance to check any other threads, way too tired. Monday after work was our last Lenten study group meeting, Tuesday after work I had a fire suppression practice class, today after work I had dinner with 4 friends, tomorrow is Maundy Thursday service at church, Friday after work is Good Friday service, stations of the cross, Saturday evening Easter vigil at church, and after Sunday morning church I pick Tyler up from his dad's to head out of town for Easter dinner and egg hunt at my dad's, then back to town in time for the Passion play at church Sunday night. Then Monday morning we load up the car to head to the airport after work and school. :thumbsup2

SO......that leaves me a half day Friday (the office closes at noon for Good Friday) and all day Saturday to clean and do yard clean up. Tyler has decided that he wants a home party for his birthday, in the back yard, so I have major yard work to do! And also the house, of course, in case of rain. And the garage, because that's where we do the pinata. We do have a week and a half after vacation to do all this before his party, but I was hoping to get a good head start before then.

And I'm back to sleeping instead of eating on my lunch hour, going to bed early and still having trouble getting up in the morning, so fortunately, a co-worker asked me if I've been remembering to take my Vitamin D. (She knows my history with sleeping and being related to Vit D). That made me realize I've NOT been taking it, so thanks to her reminder, I can get back on track so I don't sleep my vacation away! :thumbsup2

In the extract I sent them I said that I wondered if the Dream syphoned off the experienced staff.

I thought they should know how I felt. In fact, I think the feelings I had, and you and Cheri had on the Wonder are more dangerous than out and out complaints.

The "magic" is part of their brand and a differentiator for the prices they charge. Without that, similar tiered cruise lines begin to look more attractive and a bit less expensive.

Our next experience will be the Dream on the B2B in November.

Hoping there isn't a huge down side. My father doesn't really want to go on this one and I already know he is going to be comparing it to Holland America which he thinks is the best (mainly because he's sailed with them so much he gets a bunch of special privileges).

Hoping there isn't a huge down side. My father doesn't really want to go on this one and I already know he is going to be comparing it to Holland America which he thinks is the best (mainly because he's sailed with them so much he gets a bunch of special privileges).

I do think we are happier with what we know, and even if it isn't actually better you can feel it is just because of familiarity and the fact that you are looking out for things to criticise!!

did you tell him about the Mickey Bars he can order from room service??? You can't get that on HAL... ;)

I do think we are happier with what we know, and even if it isn't actually better you can feel it is just because of familiarity and the fact that you are looking out for things to criticise!!

I don't criticise... do I??? :rolleyes:

Taking a break from my nervous breakdown to try and get some work done.

I've figured out that I seem to go through different cycles of physical ailments when I am stressed... I've been through the insomnia, the massive pain, the migraines and now I'm onto the panic attacks... hope it ends soon...

Mom is off to her singing group today... The Greyairs... they don't know how long they can keep going... One of their pianists... (my neighbor to the left of us (attached too... ) Joyce, fell last week and broke her neck... :eek::eek: - in 3 places... she's in Sunnyview hospital and will go to live with her daughter for a few weeks after being released. Until then... the neighborhood is quite quiet without her (good or bad... I'm not sure...) I need to go spread the fertilizer on her lawn or else it will be a mess when she finally gets back. I've already planned meals I can make that she can freeze and microwave (she's very stubborn (or proud...) and won't accept much help. She's gonna need more than she thinks she does...

& with that... ladies... go take your calcium and any other osteoporosis meds they give you... Joyce didn't believe in them... :sad2::sad2:

I don't criticise... do I??? :rolleyes:

Well I was trying to say someone like Ken's dad, being so familiar with HAL might be on the look out for things on DCL to criticise!

When I read what I wrote back in that last post, I didn't make sense at all!!! Blame the new meds!!

I hope your neighbour is ok Michelle. What a nasty thing to happen. Something like that at her age can end badly! Bless you for thinking about how to help when she does get home.

Hey... if he doesn't like his ship over run with mice... then so be it!!!!

& Thanks Marilyn... ever since I moved up here I've kept an eye out for Joyce... There are times I am deemed a pain in the you know what... but like I tell her... I'm a pain in the A$$ that cares... :rotfl:

Marilyn - I understand what you meant.

I think that we have some past very good experiences, so in reality, DCL had been competing with the level of expectation they set themselves. This makes it tougher for them, because they have delivered the product and the service before, thereby establishing the precedence.

For someone new to DCL, they don't have this base of comparison, just as in the case of Ken's father, HAL.

Hello all!!

I am struggling to stay awake!!! I can't wait for tomorrow....not to have to wake up to an alarm!! I plan to shut the ringer off the phone & just sleep.

Will need to finish the :laundy: so that I can start to pack, and need to decide if I when I want to mow the lawn next (well, not WANT but NEED). I know if needs to be done before my travels.

I ended up not even turning on the computer at home last night. went to bed at 1015pm too.

How is everyone today?

Marilyn - I understand what you meant.

I think that we have some past very good experiences, so in reality, DCL had been competing with the level of expectation they set themselves. This makes it tougher for them, because they have delivered the product and the service before, thereby establishing the precedence.

For someone new to DCL, they don't have this base of comparison, just as in the case of Ken's father, HAL.

This makes sense.....but DCL needs to listen to what we all say.....we're not Golds & Platinums for no reason.

I thought it was to get in line WAY before us Aluminum CC members... :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

someone on the repo/alaska cruise mentioned their blog today....made me realize that it's been a looooooooooooooooong time since I've done anything on my blog, so decided to wipe off the dust & see what I can do. :surfweb:

Last trip I did was the Baltic cruise w/ my dad, so I have the 2009 Tortola cruise, then the last minute girl trip Jan 2010 (with Jackie & Cheri), then the EBTA April 2010, Chicago Thanksgiving 2010, and the Dream MV Jan 2011 to do before Alaska. Somehow I REALLY don't see this getting caught up to date before I leave. I may end up taking the laptop w/ me to Alaska anyways. Not sure yet.

Where is everyone today?:confused3

Vacation is to relax.. unless you have a book deal describing your trip and you have to work.

don't drive yourself nuts...Take good notes... & leave the computer at home...

& I think everyone is off driving themselves nuts with packing... :laundy:

Hi all! Hope everyone cruising soon has a great time!

A bit of good news...Harry's last CT scan was stable.:thumbsup2 This should mean that he doesn't need another one scheduled until after DD's Dream wedding. We will find out for sure at his doctor appointment on May 9th.

I see that Vicki and Greg are cruising with the Thieves. Could someone please say "hello" to them for me? Vicki was very supportive when Harry was first diagnosed with cancer and I have not been in touch with her since the PC repo. I would appreciate it.:flower3:

Donna

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter