WBRepo-Ship of Thieves-Remeber the Magic-Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
DD6 - chews her on the ends of her long-sleeve shirts - she does it when she's nervous or bored. She's gnawed holes in many of them, including her HSM one:furious: . I had to cut and hem the sleeves into short sleeves to save it. It drives me crazy:furious: . DD3 chews her fingernails and toenails! Tonight I put medical tape on all her fingers for a while. It was cheap tape and fell when she washed her hands, but she says she's gonna stop.

When Daniel was little, he would twist his hair when he was nervous. In first grade, he had huge bald spots on his head where he had pulled out his hair. It was easy forme to fix, I just gave him a crew cut and he could not twist anymore.

Gaylean, you are lucky to have had them early. You and Jon will have a blast with your kids and even their kids. There is a lot to be said about having them young.:thumbsup2

Thank you. I was starting to feel like I was a baby.

hawaii, wake island? hopefully french polynesa?, other than tokoyo japan.
S

:yay: Tokoyo Disneyland:yay: Tokoyo Disneyland:yay:

I would love to go there.

How about an around the world cruise? :sail: Start in Florida, take one of the NEW ships through the NEW locks of the Panama Canal, stop at LA and go to Disneyland for an excursion, on to Japan and Tokoyo Disneyland, then to Hong Kong for that Disney park, on around India, :boat:through the Suez Canal, see something famous in Egypt and Italy, go to the fancy church in Barcelona Spain, across the Atlantic and end at WDW.

OK, I need to be independently wealthy.:rotfl2:

Jan :earsgirl:

:woohoo: :woohoo: One more, before you know it we will have the ship filled with Disers.:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: .

come on Gaygay, you have to go

Like the other one wasn't filled with DISers. Let me find that picture again. And not all of us were there.

When Daniel was little, he would twist his hair when he was nervous. In first grade, he had huge bald spots on his head where he had pulled out his hair. It was easy forme to fix, I just gave him a crew cut and he could not twist anymore.

When we were home, Ethan never wore shirts. Thank goodness those days are over.

And then I think....I will be 45 when he (you know it will be a he - or multiple he's) will be 5. And that is IF I get pregnant in the next few months. I started to panic. But then - DIS comes to the rescue. Kelly - thank you for your post!!!!!
We can go to the early bird discount together while going through the college tours. And you know what? I think we will have MORE than enough energy to get through it and just MIGHT need to wake up Gayleen from her nap to go shopping for purses (Love the Hermes) with us!
Lisa

I was 40 when Gretchen was born. The doctor told me NO MORE KIDS. I will be able to take her college education out of my 401K without penalty!!

:yay: Tokoyo Disneyland:yay: Tokoyo Disneyland:yay:

I would love to go there.

How about an around the world cruise? :sail: Start in Florida, take one of the NEW ships through the NEW locks of the Panama Canal, stop at LA and go to Disneyland for an excursion, on to Japan and Tokoyo Disneyland, then to Hong Kong for that Disney park, on around India, :boat:through the Suez Canal, see something famous in Egypt and Italy, go to the fancy church in Barcelona Spain, across the Atlantic and end at WDW.

OK, I need to be independently wealthy.:rotfl2:

That sounds lovely but not probable for me ;)

-
Carnival Dream to Replace Glory in Port Canaveral Next Year
New 130,000-ton, 3,646-passenger Carnival Dream -- the line's biggest ship ever -- will home port at Port Canaveral

The ship, currently under construction at Fincantieri's shipyard in Monfalcone, Italy, will debut on September 21 (that's 2009) and will offer a handful of Europe sailings before crossing the Atlantic. Once Stateside, it will offer a few cruises out of New York before heading "home" to Port Canaveral. Carnival Dream's first homeport cruise will depart on December 5.

An innovative twist on Carnival's tried-and-true ship designs

Features include:
-The Piazza, an indoor/outdoor cafe and live music venue that has been inspired -- but is not identical -- by Princess' popular piazzas on its newest models.
-Already recognized as an exceptional choice for families, Carnival ups the ante on Carnival Dream, with the fleet's largest-ever kids' facilities and a WaterWorks aqua park.
-Among stateroom options Carnival is introducing some new family-oriented cabins, including several with two bathrooms, and others specially designed to accommodate five guests.
-A wide variety of lounges, bars and nightspots -- including a new dance club concept offering indoor/outdoor access -- will be accessible via an 11-deck-high atrium whose ground level will offer a cantilevered bandstand atop a massive dance floor.

My friend, Dale Davis is our cruise travel agent who lives here in Mar Vista is booking on the Carnival Dream. I just got an email today

I love Disney, but I would like to take a cruise in one of those staterooms that face the interior atrium on the Royal Carribean! How Cool! :hippie:

:offtopic:

What do people have planned for the 4th of July?

We are talking about seeing the Giants vs Dodgers (boo hiss) at SF and then heading to the USS Hornet based at Alameda for fireworks over the Bay.:thumbsup2

Well, I will be going to the Hunter's Creek parade in the monrning, usually I walk in it with our women's association banner, but they got some others to do it this year! Then we are going to the BBQ and big neighborhood party.

Then, I hope to see the fireworks at Magic Kingdom! They are the best! :rockband:

The gentleman standing a couple people to the right of Mickey's steering wheel and labelled "Tom".....Isn't that DVC Mike? :confused3

Yes, that's Mike and his wife, Alice, is next to him. She has a question mark over her head. They live in Tampa and their daughter works at the Beach Club Front desk. Connie

My friend, Dale Davis is our cruise travel agent who lives here in Mar Vista is booking on the Carnival Dream. I just got an email today

I love Disney, but I would like to take a cruise in one of those staterooms that face the interior atrium on the Royal Carribean! How Cool! :hippie:

I would like the rooms with a loft!

OK, some questions:
  • Do I have Rafael & Estrella identified correctly?
  • Which son is which (Steve)?
  • Which daughter is which (Ken)?
  • "Piratepoint"--name? (behind Marilyn)
I've put "?" on people still not identified.

Please check & see if I have names spelled correctly and on the right person!

DisPicture-3.jpg
This is the most amazing thing! You worked so hard to put names to everyone! All I can say is WOW!!!!!

Our first place was a basement apartment. The window sills were at the level of the sidewalk. It was furnished with the landlord's left-overs. But we only paid $75 per month.

But, we were young :lmao: :rotfl:
and in love :lovestruc :love:
and in college :hug:
and got married :bride::groom:even though our parents did not approve :( :worried: :mad::faint:
so we were on our own financially.::yes:: ::yes::

Oh, yes, the bathrooms were across the hall. The landlord had access to the hall. The bathrooms were split like the Category 10 cabins--toilet and sink in one and shower stall and sink in the other. They were under the stairs. I think the house was old enough that it was built before indoor plumbing as we had pipes for the landlord's sinks in our rooms.:lmao:

First apartment, in San Diego no less, was $79.00 per month and that included utilites. Then move to a two bedroom house for $75.00 but had to pay the utilities. Then bought our first home in SD with one of the last %4.75 loans for a BIG $115.00 per month mortgage. That house was just off Mission Bay in San Diego and can only dream of the price that 1/2 acre lot would sell for now. Why is hind sight always better?:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Gas was also .32.9 per gallon and if you were short your local gas station would run a tab if your were a regular customer.

Doug (older than dirt)

The water was rough but it didn't bother us. And because of the time of year and the $ for flights the ship was not nearly full. We loved it!

We ABSOLUTELY Loved the TransAtlantic on the Magic! I liked it even better than the PC cruise! We would do a TA again, in fact, we've been tossing around the idea of taking the Queen Mary (Cunard) across from New York to Southhampton next year, but if we do that, we will have to put off our Sept Eastern on the Magic.......oh, dear!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter