WBRepo-Ship of Thieves-Remeber the Magic-Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Birds

Sukie just now told me that there is an outbreak of attacking blackbirds in Chicago.

I just looked at him. Sometimes, it's hard to tell when he's being serious or ridiculous (considering that he's ridiculous about 75% of the time).

But it's true. He read in on BBC online.

Apparently, the way to ward off the attacking birds is to give them a withering stare or flap your arms and pretend you are a much bigger bird.

We live in Chicago and have heard nothing about this. Fancy having to read a British site to find out what's going on at home. It's about a silly as my having to find out from Nan in California, how much they're asking for the house for sale across the street from us.

Here's a link to the BBC article:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7470871.stm

Funny that the BBC knows more than the Chicago papers......:confused3

I like this line: "Potential victims are taking new precautions to avoid the birds by changing their commuting patterns or cycling only with a helmet."

What? no shirt or shoes?

Jan :earsgirl:

Hey, are you calling me a blabbermouth?! ;) :lmao: Seriously, thanks for the thoughts & prayers. :goodvibes I talked to him last night about his upcoming appointment with the psychiatrist, and told him after all 3 appts we'll have a pill he'll take every day that will help his body be more in control and that he'll go to weekly appointments (the counseling) to help him learn other ways to show his frustration, etc. He's OK with all this, except taking a pill. He freaked out because he's convinced it will get stuck in his throat. Good grief! He's never had anything other than chewables, so he doesn't understand the idea that you swallow it with water and it doesn't get stuck! ;)

Can he practice with single grains of COOKED rice? :confused3 He could put a piece of rice in his mouth and drink it down with milk or whatever he likes. Maybe by the time the pills are prescribed he will be an old hand at it.

Good job. You just may have inspired me to start this over the 4th weekend....as I'll probably be spending it inside, out of the heat. Also have a mess of movies to catch up on. I can hit a $5 movie Fri, Sat and Sun and be home by noon!.

Best wishes!!::yes::

I hope she stops because I know how frustrating it is. Ethan's first grade teacher told me that he was really oral. I just assumed it was an age thing. For him it was because he never did it in second grade. I have a friend and her daughter sucks on her hair. Yuck.

I know that there is a big difference in ages at the kids school. I just made this statement because everyone was making me feel like I was 12 when I had my kids. Most of the moms in the classes were around 30 so not too much older than me.

Gaylean, you are lucky to have had them early. You and Jon will have a blast with your kids and even their kids. There is a lot to be said about having them young.:thumbsup2

We got an offer on the house yesterday that we accepted ::yes:: with just a couple of minor changes in our counter offer that do not involve money, so they likely will accept it. WOO HOO!!! :woohoo: Now the troubles....we would have to be out of the house in 3 1/2 weeks and one of those weeks we are traveling to MT and ID. Oh my!! :eek: Time to get those closets cleaned out and packed up I think! So, that means I can retire in 5 weeks and 2 days!!! :hyper: :cool1: :banana: :woohoo:

:cool1: GREAT NEWS!!:yay:

We got an offer on the house yesterday that we accepted ::yes:: with just a couple of minor changes in our counter offer that do not involve money, so they likely will accept it. WOO HOO!!! :woohoo: Now the troubles....we would have to be out of the house in 3 1/2 weeks and one of those weeks we are traveling to MT and ID. Oh my!! :eek: Time to get those closets cleaned out and packed up I think! So, that means I can retire in 5 weeks and 2 days!!! :hyper: :cool1: :banana: :woohoo:

Angie and Dennis,

That is awesome news!!!!! Pack, donate, giveaway, then drive away, let the road trip begin.

Pj

I'm laughing so hard I'm going to fall off my chair. It took us 10 months at the 9 month point my best friend said we were doing it wrong! Will PM you tomorrow with the details of what is wrong and right at 40!!!!

you better copy me on that pm, because you know I HAVE to know :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: purely for research:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Think of it this way, maybe they can Mickey to drag us on the ship :lmao: What a sight that would be.

All we had was other people's junk in our first place! We were renting and it was $500.00 a month.

Our first place was a basement apartment. The window sills were at the level of the sidewalk. It was furnished with the landlord's left-overs. But we only paid $75 per month.

But, we were young :lmao: :rotfl:
and in love :lovestruc :love:
and in college :hug:
and got married :bride::groom:even though our parents did not approve :( :worried: :mad::faint:
so we were on our own financially.::yes:: ::yes::

Oh, yes, the bathrooms were across the hall. The landlord had access to the hall. The bathrooms were split like the Category 10 cabins--toilet and sink in one and shower stall and sink in the other. They were under the stairs. I think the house was old enough that it was built before indoor plumbing as we had pipes for the landlord's sinks in our rooms.:lmao:

We will be in PV on the same day as the Magic on her return trip. I have already told Bubba that if I disappear while in PV, that I have gone to see if my KTTW card gets me on. I figure I can always sleep in a deck 4 lounge chair. :rotfl2:

Gosh!! I think this is a great idea!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter