WBRepo-Ship of Thieves-Remeber the Magic-Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I tell you that we will have hearing for the dog (lab dog) soon? As we had been waiting over one year as it take up 18 months to waiting. I think around Autumn that we will get a dog.

Scottishwee35

Deborah, great news! Can't wait to see a picture!

I remember gas being stolen back in the 1970's during the days of gas rationing.

Just this past weekend I found myself wondering whether that would start up again here.

It's been on the news here. I saw several reports yesterday about truckers having their diesel stolen.

I get that too and I just read the most recent one yesterday while DISing but I did not see that link. I wonder why? Can you send a link to the page you found it on instead of to the index?

I wonder what other good stuff I have missed.:confused3

Jan :earsgirl:

It's in the email newsletter. If you scroll pretty far down past the "History and Trivia" section, there's a small section that's called "New". The link is in that section.

I did think of ONE good thing that the cruise is over. It actually is much easier to keep up with our thread!

Lisa

At times! :lmao: :lmao:

We got an offer on the house yesterday that we accepted ::yes:: with just a couple of minor changes in our counter offer that do not involve money, so they likely will accept it. WOO HOO!!! :woohoo: Now the troubles....we would have to be out of the house in 3 1/2 weeks and one of those weeks we are traveling to MT and ID. Oh my!! :eek: Time to get those closets cleaned out and packed up I think! So, that means I can retire in 5 weeks and 2 days!!! :hyper: :cool1: :banana: :woohoo:

Great news!!! Whoooo Hooo!:cool1: :cool1: Retirement is the greatest!:thumbsup2

BTW, the facilitator in me says: The only dumb question is the one not asked.

The teacher in me knows that, too, but the human in me stills feels self-conscious when I ask them!:rotfl:

Nope. His dad just made a joking comment about grabbing him and dunking him in the horse trough and he decided to challenge us by saying that "2 fat old men couldn't catch him". So we caught him and dunked him.

His brother ended up getting dunked too.

Ooooooo....fightin' words!:stir:

I woke up with a terribly sore throat and headache. I was one of the lucky ones who didn't get sick on the cruise or immediately following, so guess it's my turn. But darn, it's my day off and I had so much I wanted to accomplish. I've cancelled my dentist appt (actually didn't mind doing that;) ) and my hair appt. I was hoping to maybe see Serenity, but not now, I don't want to make her sick. My son is out catching up with friends, so I think I'll finally watch Enchanted, I never did find time for that on the cruise.
Kathe

Hi Kathe! Sorry you're under the weather! Take care and rest, OK?:goodvibes

We will be in PV on the same day as the Magic on her return trip. I have already told Bubba that if I disappear while in PV, that I have gone to see if my KTTW card gets me on. I figure I can always sleep in a deck 4 lounge chair. :rotfl2:

Did you guys see this photo? It's the Magic sailing away in PV. The family had to get off the ship as someone in their party became ill (grandparent maybe), so the guy took a picture of his kids watching the ship sail off without them! Can you imagine? I love this photo!

magic.jpg

So we're up to 5 weeks now......better go stock up on enough mac and cheese for 2 years! Gotta save some money....
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Fairly modern term really. Not sure what we used in my younger days.

John and I used to use the term 'tasty piece'!!! About others I must add.

So he's not your tasty piece :lmao: So you didn't say hot but you still were!

Did you guys see this photo? It's the Magic sailing away in PV. The family had to get off the ship as someone in their party became ill (grandparent maybe), so the guy took a picture of his kids watching the ship sail off without them! Can you imagine? I love this photo!

magic.jpg

This is horrible. I can't even imagine how sick someone in our party would have to be for me to do this to my kids.

This is horrible. I can't even imagine how sick someone in our party would have to be for me to do this to my kids.

I can't remember the details, but the person was seriously ill--maybe like heart attack or something like that. Marilyn, do you remember?

It's an interesting story to read, to hear how DCL helped these folks. DCL even covered their tips, since they didn't get to finish the cruise. The person found that out when they called DCL after returning to charge tips for their servers, etc. They were told it had already been taken care of, that was DCL's policy in that kind of situation. :thumbsup2

I can't remember the details, but the person was seriously ill--maybe like heart attack or something like that. Marilyn, do you remember?

It's an interesting story to read, to hear how DCL helped these folks. DCL even covered their tips, since they didn't get to finish the cruise. The person found that out when they called DCL after returning to charge tips for their servers, etc. They were told it had already been taken care of, that was DCL's policy in that kind of situation. :thumbsup2

No, I can't remember, but in the end she was all right.

Just found the thread.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1851078

I think that is a nice policy. I also think it was nice that the family called to find out about the tips. I'm not sure I would remember to do that.

We got an offer on the house yesterday that we accepted ::yes:: with just a couple of minor changes in our counter offer that do not involve money, so they likely will accept it. WOO HOO!!! :woohoo: Now the troubles....we would have to be out of the house in 3 1/2 weeks and one of those weeks we are traveling to MT and ID. Oh my!! :eek: Time to get those closets cleaned out and packed up I think! So, that means I can retire in 5 weeks and 2 days!!! :hyper: :cool1: :banana: :woohoo:

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO Angie........sooooooooooo happy for you!!!!!!!!!! But it's going to be hectic in the next 3 1/2 weeks. But that's ok.......you can do it and it will be so worthwhile. Soon to be a retired lady, travelling the country, getting all the hugs from the doctor. WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Royal Caribbean Announces Latest for Oasis of the Seas
The Boardwalk is the latest "neighborhood" to be revealed

The largest cruise ship ever built will have a family-focused amusement area called the Boardwalk that will boast a hand-carved merry-go-round, carnival games and a Coney Island atmosphere -- something that has never been tried before on a cruise ship.

The AquaTheater will offer innovative activities both day and night

The AquaTheater, a massive amphitheater around a pool at the back of the ship that will be the site of water-based acrobatic and synchronized swimming shows. During the day the freshwater pool, the largest and deepest ever on a ship, will be open to passengers for swimming and SCUBA lessons.

Fresh cabin designs unveiled, including the industry's first multi-level lofts

On the blueprints are 28 lofts, two-deck-high "loft suites" that will offer expansive ocean views from soaring floor-to-ceiling windows. Each loft, which begin at 545 square ft., features a downstairs living area with a vanity, LCD television and guest bathroom; the upper-level bedroom overlooks this area and also features a master bathroom with his-and-hers shower heads, fog-free mirrors and limestone mosaic tile accents.

Royal Promenade on Oasis will be bigger and better

The Royal Promenade in the center of the vessel will be twice as wide as the ones found on Royal Caribbean's eight Freedom and Voyager class vessels and will run the length of a football field. It will be linked with the ship's Central Park "neighborhood" on the deck above by giant arched skylights, called Crystal Canopies, which will look into the park and sky above. Plus, the Rising Tide bar -- the first moving bar at sea -- will slowly travel up and down between three decks, bringing guests from the Royal Promenade up to Central Park and back again.

Carnival Dream to Replace Glory in Port Canaveral Next Year
New 130,000-ton, 3,646-passenger Carnival Dream -- the line's biggest ship ever -- will home port at Port Canaveral

The ship, currently under construction at Fincantieri's shipyard in Monfalcone, Italy, will debut on September 21 (that's 2009) and will offer a handful of Europe sailings before crossing the Atlantic. Once Stateside, it will offer a few cruises out of New York before heading "home" to Port Canaveral. Carnival Dream's first homeport cruise will depart on December 5.

An innovative twist on Carnival's tried-and-true ship designs

Features include:
-The Piazza, an indoor/outdoor cafe and live music venue that has been inspired -- but is not identical -- by Princess' popular piazzas on its newest models.
-Already recognized as an exceptional choice for families, Carnival ups the ante on Carnival Dream, with the fleet's largest-ever kids' facilities and a WaterWorks aqua park.
-Among stateroom options Carnival is introducing some new family-oriented cabins, including several with two bathrooms, and others specially designed to accommodate five guests.
-A wide variety of lounges, bars and nightspots -- including a new dance club concept offering indoor/outdoor access -- will be accessible via an 11-deck-high atrium whose ground level will offer a cantilevered bandstand atop a massive dance floor.

Cherie, I read that thread. The picture is just beautiful but so sad.

Oh yes, I was reading it and they didnt have an insurance:scared1: I think they got realised and booked another cruise with insurance now.

They went through horrible times, very sad.

Okay I am off to bed now as 11.30 pm now

Scottishwee35

I thought she would be on my side :furious: I guess if we all go together there will be some kids there. Most of those cruises don't have anyone under 80 on them!

Hmmm - I don't think I saw anyone OVER 80 when we went!! You'll have a blast WHEN WE GO!!!

I don't see the love either. If you loved me you would go with me.:lovestruc I would go with you to Hawaii even though it's not were I want to go.

Me too - I really wouldn't want to go to Japan or Hawaii - but I would go!

Have you ever done one of those ceremonies/parties on base? I went for my friends last year ceremony taking over a command (sorry can't remember the actual post) and it was WONDERFUL!!!! Bill and I are friends from college, he served in Desert Storm, F14 pilot. I'm so proud of him. I never made it to any of his advancements and then this invitation came and Paul and I decided we needed to honor him and go. So glad I did. Ok off my soap box. Insert Smilie US Flag here :goodvibes

OOOO that sounds so very nice.

OK, 2 votes for DVCMike, one retracted vote for Tom...
Does DVCMike have a wife?

Mike and Alice

Maybe Kelly would remember since she made the tags.........

That's how I've know so many of the names. I check the list.

Quentin and I married "young" - I was 23, he was 24. He was finishing up his undergrad at that time, and I was getting my first job as a nurse. I worked at three different hospitals to help pay for his law school and it was GO- GO-GO! After three years, we spent 6 months in Europe, starting off with a 14 day cruise in the Holy Land and ending up in England while he studied law at Oxford. All kidless. It was wonderful, lots of great memories. One day drinking beer with some Australians in Munich. Anyway, we never really thought much about it, never really had a "plan." And then, I turned 29 and it was just like that cartoon - "honey we forgot to have kids." So we talked about it and before we finished the conversation...

4 kids later, we are trying for 5 and I DIDN'T get pregnant on the cruise. Totally surprised but GUESS WHAT? I guess getting pregnant at 40 is not that easy. So I called the doctor and he said how long have you tried and I said one month. He laughed. He said just b/c you have been ms. fertile mertle doesn't mean you can have this happen in a month. So now I feel my clock ticking and hello I have 4 kids.
And then I think....I will be 45 when he (you know it will be a he - or multiple he's) will be 5. And that is IF I get pregnant in the next few months. I started to panic. But then - DIS comes to the rescue. Kelly - thank you for your post!!!!!
We can go to the early bird discount together while going through the college tours. And you know what? I think we will have MORE than enough energy to get through it and just MIGHT need to wake up Gayleen from her nap to go shopping for purses (Love the Hermes) with us!
Lisa

I'm laughing so hard I'm going to fall off my chair. It took us 10 months at the 9 month point my best friend said we were doing it wrong! Will PM you tomorrow with the details of what is wrong and right at 40!!!!

Hardly! We've read books by Don Aslett and Peter Walsh. Sadly, it didn't help.

Woody

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Oh yes, I wanted to post for Kelly, Holly, Jan and all the other de-clutterers...

I cleaned out my pots & pans, casserole dishes, microwave stuff, cookbooks, flower vases and other assorted dusty stuff that hadn't been touched in years! I have 3 boxes to take to Goodwill tomorrow.

I appreciate your support and good example!:goodvibes

My butt doesn't look any smaller....yet.:confused3

Your butt lookes smaller to me!

Kaylee..wasn't that movie so good and sad. I cried through the whole thing too last week!

I watched that last week too, it was surprisingly sweet.

Holly, way back on page 5 you asked for pics of the cakes Shannon made for her nephews' birthdays this past weekend.

Well here they are:

This one is for Myles who was turning 16:

The trucks on the cake had their "engines" light up.

And this one was for Garrett who turned 9 and loves playing football:

This is my Dnephew16 after he got dunked in the horse trough by his dad and I:

It was a pretty good day of friends, family, bbq's, water balloon fights, bocce, croquet and good laughs.

WOW, Shannon, BEAUTIFUL CAKES!!

Is it a Canadian tradition to dunk the 16 year olds?

Nope. His dad just made a joking comment about grabbing him and dunking him in the horse trough and he decided to challenge us by saying that "2 fat old men couldn't catch him". So we caught him and dunked him.

His brother ended up getting dunked too.

Should have read further to get the answer to the question!

......Those are very cool! I've seen the Cricut in Michael's and sort of have an idea of what it does. I just love PAPER:goodvibes ! It must be a teacher thing!

Neat cakes! Is the dunking a tradition for milestone birthdays?

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: about liking paper!

And, I just asked that question about dunking people so will probably find the answer in a post or two. (As I suspected. I found it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter