WBPC May 6th 2013 Wonder

I have that and added "Cruising through the canal" by Richard Dietrich for a lighter version. I've been gathering e books on my iPad for a month now, and looking at it, I can only observe that I am a total nerd. There is a few scifi books (hey, good ones, like Enders Game!), but also "Gone Girl" by G. Flynn, "The Fault in our Stars", by j. Green, and "The Light Between Oceans" by Stedman.

But if cornered, the two most enjoyable books I've read this year were World War Z by Brooks and The Passage, by Cronin. Because I'm a nerd. Neither are lighthearted cruise reading - zombies and vampires.

A reader after my own heart - I read both WWZ & Passage & really enjoyed them both! I have The Fault in our Stars on my To Read list as well.

If you like post-apocalyptic reads, Wool by Hugh Howey is awesome! I've got the prequel, Shift queued up for the cruise, and am debating whether to get his I, Zombie as well. Speaking of zombies, I really enjoyed Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion - yes, it's the novel the recent movie was based on, but the book is better. (tho I enjoyed the film, too!)

A reader after my own heart - I read both WWZ & Passage & really enjoyed them both! I have The Fault in our Stars on my To Read list as well.

If you like post-apocalyptic reads, Wool by Hugh Howey is awesome! I've got the prequel, Shift queued up for the cruise, and am debating whether to get his I, Zombie as well. Speaking of zombies, I really enjoyed Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion - yes, it's the novel the recent movie was based on, but the book is better. (tho I enjoyed the film, too!)

That's too funny. I've read the Wool Series (hubby will tackle them on boat) and I, Zombie (was ok, not as good as some of his other works). I've also added Shift and Warm Bodies to my cue. Windup Girl was also very good if you need another. Just finished robopocalypse by Wilson, which was just a fun read.

Can't wait to have Wine on the verandah with zombies!

Okay, so I am debating getting a Dooney & Bourke satchel onboard. I have a wristlet from 2011 and it's held up very well, but I am more than a little wary because of the reports of bags coming apart that I keep seeing pop up every once in a while, especially when the response from D&B is anything less than a free replacement or repair.

So are they REALLY worth the money? I have never had a dependable, use every-single-day purse or bag that was an investment at this level. It would be a considerable chunk of my personal savings (especially after this cruise, LOL) and I know so many people who buy expensive things just for the brand with no regard for quality. DH and I are willing to invest $$$ in stuff that is well made and will last for a long time; I just don't know if D&B qualifies.

What has been your experience?

I have an All Weather Leather D&B bucket bag. I use it every day and have had it for about 3 years. It still looks good. I am not a big fan of the fabric bags, but that is just my preference.

Anyone found a copy of the special dinner menu for the day we cross the canal? Previous cruisers all say there will be one, but it is probably the only DCL menu I've never seen posted anywhere. Curious what to expect... (because I have to do something to distract myself while I wait for stateroom numbers to be assigned)

Anyone found a copy of the special dinner menu for the day we cross the canal? Previous cruisers all say there will be one, but it is probably the only DCL menu I've never seen posted anywhere. Curious what to expect... (because I have to do something to distract myself while I wait for stateroom numbers to be assigned)

There will be one. Expect fish, chicken, meat, and maybe pasta. Soups, salads and a verity of appetizers and sweets. Sorry. I just had to.

Just read about the beer mug package. DH asked me to see what your opinion is on that? We don't know what Disney charges for beer 16 oz or 22 oz so we can't decide if it is worth while. The mug is $15 and then for refills you pay the 16 oz price for 22 oz of beer.

Thank you!

Just read about the beer mug package. DH asked me to see what your opinion is on that? We don't know what Disney charges for beer 16 oz or 22 oz so we can't decide if it is worth while. The mug is $15 and then for refills you pay the 16 oz price for 22 oz of beer.

Thank you!

Hubby worked it out on our last DCL trip. On a one week trip, drinking two beers a day, we made our money back in 5 days. Doing it again makes sense, especially on a 14 day voyage!

Hubby worked it out on our last DCL trip. On a one week trip, drinking two beers a day, we made our money back in 5 days. Doing it again makes sense, especially on a 14 day voyage!

You gotta be a beer drinker for this to make sense. I would not be able to get a 22 oz down, so for us, other than the cool beer mug souvineer, it does not make sense.

You can bring your old mug back. In fact, now you can turn your mug in and they give you a card, so you don't have to carry it everywhere. I've got my card from last summer's cruise ready to bring back for this cruise.

Sent via my iThingy

I am a Dooney Girl I have 10 of their non-Disney bags and can say nothing but good thing about of the non-Disney bags.The Cruise line bags are not of the same quality. I purchased the Fantasy satchel in October 2012 while on the Fantasy and in late Jan. 2013 the lining around the zippered pocket was ripped and frayed. I did not abuse the bag-I carry it every day from the time I purchased it. I sent the bag to Dooney expecting it to be replaced and was offered a credit of $117.50 to apply towards the full retail price of one replacement item valued at $235.00 or greater. Also $7.50 for shipping and taxes were to be paid by me. I declined the offer and the bag was repaired and returned to be. I am very unhappy with the repair job and will bringing the bag with me on this cruise to return it back to Disney Cruise Line. I would recommend a non-Disney bag in a split second. The cruise line collection has been nothing but a HUGE disappointment to me. I also purchased the Disney Parks Retro satchel in Nov. and I am hold my breathe as to how it will hold up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter