WBPC May 6th 2013 Wonder

Hi all, posting from my phone. I'm in Chicago. My DM was in hospital. She came yesterday. She's doing better. I will update the first post when I can get to a computer.

Very glad to hear that she is improving. :thumbsup2

Thanks for all the well wishes. She came down with the GI bug, which led to an intestinal infection. Then she had an adverse reaction to one of the antibiotics. :scared1:

She was in for a week, but is home now. During all this my DDad came down with the bug. I was traveling between the hospital and their home. Spending nights at the hosptial with her.

Fortunately we were able to nip dad's in the bud. I should be going home on Saturday.

I am so ready for this cruise!!!

Mom323 said:
Thanks for all the well wishes. She came down with the GI bug, which led to an intestinal infection. Then she had an adverse reaction to one of the antibiotics. :scared1:

She was in for a week, but is home now. During all this my DDad came down with the bug. I was traveling between the hospital and their home. Spending nights at the hosptial with her.

Fortunately we were able to nip dad's in the bud. I should be going home on Saturday.

So glad to hear she is home and dad's was caught early! Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery!!!

30 days from today we will be flying to Ft Lauderdale. Lots left to do. Big program tonight for the Preschool my DW is director of. Our son and his girlfriend are in Jacksonville and we are leaving open a rental car trip to visit them. They were talking about moving to Virginia; won't make arraignments to road trip to see them, on Sunday before cruise, until the last minute. I have maintenance medical treatments for next three Fridays. We will be so ready to cruise. I pray that all others will get well/be well for this cruise next month.

Hi all, posting from my phone. I'm in Chicago. My DM was in hospital. She came yesterday. She's doing better. I will update the first post when I can get to a computer.

Oh dear your poor mom and then your dad. Good that his wasn't as bad as your mom's but still not nice. Glad things are looking brighter as she is home and on the way to full recovery. What a worry for you. Back to work for a rest hey? Roll on the cruise.

Good to here they are getting better.

Tim

Is anyone using a pre booked car service from the port to DL? Any recommendations?

Also, am I right that with SAS shuttles from Fort Lauderdale airport to Miami you just phone when you arrive and don't make a reservation?

Not sure about that...I made reservation with them few months ago and I need to call after I get my luggage....

Hoping she get well soon.

Just a reminder there is still a couple days left to sign up for Secret Mickey... I only have 5 people that have expressed an interest so far would love to get some more! send me a pm the info I need is on the first page :goodvibes

Sorry we've been among the missing. SIL had back surgery. We moved to Georgia and are househunting/talking to a builder. CRAZY. Spring had come here, but today it was in the 40s and rainy which felt FRIgid!

Glad they are both doing better!

Hello, Annichan!

I'm new to the thread (- hope I'm doing this correctly..!).

Pls add us to the Roll Call for the WBPC cruise:
Princess Yvette - Yvette & Joe - (no stateroom # yet)

See you all on the Wonder..!!!!

FYI, for the same price as SAS...
We have a private car service booked. I'll post the name when I find it. Not sure if we want to stay in FLL or MIA???? Right now, we have a limo p/u on Monday morning to take us to port; $76 for four +gratuity.

I was thinking about you today...:wave2:...because you (usually) post frequently! Good luck with the house hunt.

Sas will cost us $60 for 4 of us + tip

Not sure about that...I made reservation with them few months ago and I need to call after I get my luggage....

Oh thank you. I must go and read the info again!!!

Sorry we've been among the missing. SIL had back surgery. We moved to Georgia and are househunting/talking to a builder. CRAZY. Spring had come here, but today it was in the 40s and rainy which felt FRIgid!

All the best in your house hunting.

FYI, for the same price as SAS...
We have a private car service booked. I'll post the name when I find it. Not sure if we want to stay in FLL or MIA???? Right now, we have a limo p/u on Monday morning to take us to port; $76 for four +gratuity.

We are staying in South Beach as we are there a few days and we can walk to so many places from there. Please post the name of the company and then I can compare prices etc. I do like to have things booked so I can cut down on the stress!!!

Hello, Annichan!

Welcome.:wave:

I'm starting to "think" about packing...gotta start sometime. I noticed the schedule in one of the first posts. Looks like two formal nights, one semi-formal night. Are we pretty sure about this? I almost never get dressed up, so I look forward to looking a little nicer on the cruise. Since the 7-nights generally have one formal and one semi-, I wondered if maybe we'd have two of each.

Anybody know?

FE update went out last night. If you didn't receive the email please let me know. Also let me know if anyone needs to make any corrections. As soon as room numbers come out please let me know! I'll send out the final final final list right before we leave for Orlando.

I'm starting to "think" about packing...gotta start sometime. I noticed the schedule in one of the first posts. Looks like two formal nights, one semi-formal night. Are we pretty sure about this? I almost never get dressed up, so I look forward to looking a little nicer on the cruise. Since the 7-nights generally have one formal and one semi-, I wondered if maybe we'd have two of each.

Anybody know?
I know DCL was called an asked. Also on our TA there were 2 formal nights and 1 semi-formal so should be the same. Good reminder for me though... I have to try on my clothes and see if they'll fit post-baby :scared1: Can't wait to see you guys! It's so soon :)

Hello, Annichan!

Hi Yvette, :welcome: to the DISboards and to this thread! I have added you to the roll call!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter