WBPC May 6th 2013 Wonder

I don't post very often, but figured it was time to chime in again. :goodvibes I wanted to let you know that DH had his knee replacement yesterday, and is doing well. So he can now officially be part of the new knee club on board!
You can also feel free to put us in the roll call ....... Me (Mary, 47 on Sat!) and DH (Jon, 47). We are OGT as well, so no room# yet. We are 10+ cruises with DCL and looking forward to the 14 nights.

Welcome to the new cruisers! :beach::beach:

Glad to hear he is doing well. The three guys will have some great P.T. Stories and scars to share. :)

I don't post very often, but figured it was time to chime in again. :goodvibes I wanted to let you know that DH had his knee replacement yesterday, and is doing well. So he can now officially be part of the new knee club on board!
You can also feel free to put us in the roll call ....... Me (Mary, 47 on Sat!) and DH (Jon, 47). We are OGT as well, so no room# yet. We are 10+ cruises with DCL and looking forward to the 14 nights.

Happy birthday (Saturday!) and welcome aboard! :cool1:

DVCTigger said:

Good to hear things are all right. Have a happy birthday. Mine is next Friday. On Wednesday I am going to WDW for a week to celebrate it.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Yes you guys are going to love DCL! We don't have kids but really enjoy cruising on Disney. Make sure to make a Palo reservation when you can - it is a very yummy way to spend an evening & its romantic too.

I love cruising on Disney with my husband because we spend so much fun quality time together on the cruises. We do almost everything together, its so relaxing and yet we're giddy like children - playing fooseball, visiting characters, marveling at the shows. It really is an amazing experience. :thumbsup2

We have Palo reserved, I believe, for the 10th night. We're hoping that maybe on an earlier night, we can get on a waiting list. We're fairly open. I know we want to get to our rotational dining on the nights that it's the standard menu. A lot of those selections sound great. However, looking at the Navigator, it seems that the standard menus are only on nights 2, 3 and 4... unless I'm reading it wrong.

Chaopolis said:
We have Palo reserved, I believe, for the 10th night. We're hoping that maybe on an earlier night, we can get on a waiting list. We're fairly open. I know we want to get to our rotational dining on the nights that it's the standard menu. A lot of those selections sound great. However, looking at the Navigator, it seems that the standard menus are only on nights 2, 3 and 4... unless I'm reading it wrong.

For our cruise, as of now, the rotational menus will be served nights 4,5,6.

Chaopolis said:
Oh ok, cool. Where do you get all that fancy information? :)

I really can't say in a open forum. I hope you understand. Also if this helps. Formal nights will be 3 and 13. Semi formal will be night 8 and pirates will be night 9. DCL will tell you that part. Also don't go by the navigators from Decembers cruise for menus. There is a slight difference.

I really can't say in a open forum. I hope you understand. Also if this helps. Formal nights will be 3 and 13. Semi formal will be night 8 and pirates will be night 9. DCL will tell you that part. Also don't go by the navigators from Decembers cruise for menus. There is a slight difference.

No worries.

I assumed they wouldn't be identical, but cool. Thanks for all the info (at least what you can give). :)

Chaopolis said:
No worries.

I assumed they wouldn't be identical, but cool. Thanks for all the info (at least what you can give). :)

You are welcome. Any other questions feel free to ask. Oh I will leak one thing. Expect a special east meets west in the MDR for dinner on the canal day. On the 3 that I have taken on DCL they have done this and they will be again. Chances are we will be able to keep these.

The preferred local airport for folks going to/from DL is Orange County/John Wayne airport (airport code SNA). Sometimes prices are significantly cheaper out of LAX. Sometimes not so much of a difference.

How long it takes to get to SNA from DL depends a little on the time of day/day of the week. If you're going at rush hour on a work day its probably an hour. If off-times its probably 30 minutes.

Thank you. I will look into that and see about timings for all the flights.

Marilyn, last PC we rented a car for a day took PJ to Long Beach for her flight back to NY. (after we helped her work on her bucket list with a trip to Sees Candy and Sonic!) Long Beach is a small airport and VERY easy. It is closer than LAX to DL and at least as close as Santa Ana. It will be a great choice using Jet Blue. You can get Super Shuttle, Karmel Shuttle or a car service to get you there. I would think a taxi would not even be too much. I did a mapquest search and by surface streets it is less than 14 miles, by freeway less than 20 miles from Grand Californian to Long Beach airport. Both ways are about a half hour.

Thanks Angie for the info. I do remember PJ wanting to go to Sees Candy!!!!

Hey guys! New to this board AND Disney Cruises!

My wife and I are celebrating our honeymoon aboard the Wonder for the WB Panama Cruise. I see there's a big meetup already manifesting, and we would certainly love to meet you guys!

SO EXCITED!!!

Welcome and congratulations. :wave:

For those of you who have crossed the Panama Canal before... have you purchased the Order of the Ditch certificates from Tiffany Publishing? If so, were you happy with the final product? Any issues with having the Captain sign them while onboard?

We would like to get these for our kids and then purchase a photo matte for it that we'd leave at Guest Services for the characters to sign. Thanks in advance for any feedback you might have!

Here's a link to the certificate for those of you who haven't seen them:
http://www.tiffanypublishing.com/certs/order_ditch.asp

We did get the Order of the ditch. I think it is a great reminder. Get everything printed on the certificate apart from the captain's name and then hand it in to Guest Services(or take to the Captain's signing session) and get him to sign it. You can get a topless mermaid or choose covered!!!;)

I seem to remember it came in a triangular tube but things might have changed.

Many light years ago.....

It has been almost 30 years. Believe me, I know how bitter they still are. I am from Indiana, life long Colts fan. My Wife is from Baltimore, and I here it from her every time the subject comes up.

Good to hear things are all right. Have a happy birthday. Mine is next Friday. On Wednesday I am going to WDW for a week to celebrate it.

Took me a moment and then I realised you meant your birthday and not a total knee arthroplasty. :lmao:

For those of you who have crossed the Panama Canal before... have you purchased the Order of the Ditch certificates from Tiffany Publishing? If so, were you happy with the final product? Any issues with having the Captain sign them while onboard?

Looked at the certificates and wondered what was special about them. Wouldn't somebody be able to design a really nice one, with special Disney touches, themselves? We've got a lot of talented people on this thread and on the DIS in general. :artist:

aan1701 said:

Happy Birthday next Friday. Our daughter turns 21 that day! Oh, boy!

Happy Birthday ON Saturday!!!!!

Thank you!

Glad to hear he is doing well. The three guys will have some great P.T. Stories and scars to share. :)

I'm sure there will be, haha. Boys and their scars!

Happy birthday (Saturday!) and welcome aboard! :cool1:

Thank you!

Have a happy birthday yourself! We just got back from our WDW trip for my birthday. Had to get it in before DH surgery. Pretty sure we have been on a couple cruises together. We've been on two TAs and I know we did an eastern in Oct '11

I think you are a little optimistic in your timing. If you are staying at the same Holiday Inn Exp. that I stayed in, it's north of the airport, and you're about 40 miles from the port. I drove it on a Sunday morning, and while I'm not the fastest driver in the world, and I didn't know where I was headed, I didn't make any mistakes and it still took about 45 minutes to get through traffic. If you add a grocery stop, I think it will take you more than half an hour.

Nancy

Nancy - thanks for the feedback! We're staying at the HIE on State Road 84 - Google Maps says about a 35 min drive - but depending on how long we spend at the grocery and/or if we share the shuttle - we'll prob be arriving closer to noon.

Our PAT is currently 11:30 - is it worth changing it to noon, or just leave it as is?

A quick dress code question - are shorts OK in the MDR for breakfast/lunch?

You are welcome. Any other questions feel free to ask. Oh I will leak one thing. Expect a special east meets west in the MDR for dinner on the canal day. On the 3 that I have taken on DCL they have done this and they will be again. Chances are we will be able to keep these.

I usually ask politely if I can keep menus...I have two from Hawaiian cruise. Sometimes are not too happy to give it to you, but they never said no.

Nancy - thanks for the feedback! We're staying at the HIE on State Road 84 - Google Maps says about a 35 min drive - but depending on how long we spend at the grocery and/or if we share the shuttle - we'll prob be arriving closer to noon.

Our PAT is currently 11:30 - is it worth changing it to noon, or just leave it as is?

A quick dress code question - are shorts OK in the MDR for breakfast/lunch?

Yes, shorts are ok for breakfast and lunch. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter