• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ways to save on eating out while in Orlando?

Just came back and tried Bahama Breeze for the first time. YUMMMY! We also just "Yelped" for places when we got hungry. We had Chuy for lunch it was very good and inexpensive. We tried a newly opened restaurant by the airport next to Chuys. Very good, lots of food and cheap.

There is a Orlando forum that has some great tips. Check out the visitorlando.com website for info on the coupon books. Also check out Groupon for Orlando before you arrive. Great deals can be found there.

Since you're not from the US, you may enjoy some of the chain restaurants. They tend to be affordable with large portions and Orlando has plenty of them. We love Cheesecake Factory here at home and I know there's one in Orlando. The menus is huge and they have everything, including a great steak if that is what you're after. They have a kids menu so you can save that way.

Is that a forum on the DISboards?

Dear OP, There are a lot of ways to save including the signing up for coupons and the "pre-pay" types (like Groupon). Some places even do, kids eat free on Wednesday, etc. We have done some off-site eating in the past and were happy with the ability to find very affordable choices. Can't say enough about how much we love Publix for rotisserie chicken and salads, sandwiches, organic produce for snacks. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how far your dollars (Krone or euros?) will go! There are also many affordable quick service options in WDW, such as Columbia Harbour House in Magic Kingdom and Sunshine Seasons in Epcot where you can get good, more affordable choices. Have a great trip!

We are a family of 4; DD4, DD8, DH and myself, from Europe. Only been to Florida once before.

This time we are looking in to ways we can save some money while on holiday in Orlando. Eating out is an obvious place to start. Although we will stay in an apartment, and can prepare our own food there, we do enjoy eating out while abroad. Doesn't have to be too fancy or anything; for us it is pretty much an adventure anyway as it is something different from home I'll never forget DDs face when she realised that they only had pancakes on the menu when we visisted a pancake-place. It was like pancake-heaven for her ;-)
Kids eat pretty much anything. DH would love a good steak, or BBQ.

Any suggestions on how we can save money when eating out, or suggestions to places we should try out while in Orlando?
Even when staying in a hotel room with only a bar fridge we would eat breakfast in the room. We buy grapes/apples and granola bars etc to eat as snacks at the parks. We have shopped at the grocery (Publix) and picked up premade meals that can be eaten cold or heated in microwave.

Just wanted to give you guys a quick update, and thank you for all your great advice!

Husband got a new job, good pay and nice boss; so now it is only a few weeks till we head to Florida!

We will travel on a budget, the months with limited income set us back a bit, so I am now writing down all the great advice you provided; plotting it all in an excel file with adresses and offers and good ideas. So yeah; I am super busy trying to get back on track with my holiday planning. I kind of let it go when there was so much insecurity about whether we'd go or not.
Eventually we will also have to tell the kids. I am making a video for them from our last trip to Florida, to get them in the travel mood, then we'll have an american style dinner (burgers or something) and tell them. I really can't wait!!

(I like planning almost as much as I do traveling!)

Just wanted to give you guys a quick update, and thank you for all your great advice!

Husband got a new job, good pay and nice boss; so now it is only a few weeks till we head to Florida!

We will travel on a budget, the months with limited income set us back a bit, so I am now writing down all the great advice you provided; plotting it all in an excel file with adresses and offers and good ideas. So yeah; I am super busy trying to get back on track with my holiday planning. I kind of let it go when there was so much insecurity about whether we'd go or not.
Eventually we will also have to tell the kids. I am making a video for them from our last trip to Florida, to get them in the travel mood, then we'll have an american style dinner (burgers or something) and tell them. I really can't wait!!

(I like planning almost as much as I do traveling!)

Great news!!! Enjoy your holiday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter