Ways to make anniversary special...w/ kids

mommy*RN

<font color=limegreen>Does Imodium work for verbal
Hi,
Our family is going to WDW in October, and while there we will celebrate our 6th anniversary :groom: :bride:. Originally I was thinking about hiring a babysitter to watch the kids for us, but now I think I want them to be a part of our special day :love: . Any tips on kid friendly ways to have a special anniversary or suggestions where to eat? We will do a character breakfast in the AM, but no clue where to go for dinner :confused3 .

Thanks for any help! Happy planning and travels!
:wizard:

we celebrated our 10th last year at the Hoop de Doo and had our kids withnus. It was great!

LOL, we are doing the exact same thing!! Our 6th anniversary is May 20th and we are going to Disney to celebrate. We will arrive there the 21st.....and our 2 year old DD is going to. I would not dream of leaving her at home when we go to Disney LOL! I have no idea what we will do either....we are paying a little extra money to go to Chef Mickey's on the day that we arrive, so I guess that will probably end up being our "nice" anniversary dinner. :lmao:

We spent our 4th anniversary at WDW with our 2.5 y/o twins this year. On our anniversary morning we had breakfast with Pooh and friends at Crystal Palace, and at night we ate at the Plaza Restaurant and all watched the spectromagic parade and fireworks, then headed back to the hotel. It was a fun day! I'm sure it will be lots of fun no matter what you do---it's DISNEYWORLD after all! :goodvibes :wizard:

We are going this year and will be ther for our 8th anniversary. We are having lunch with our kids at the Sci Fi. We ate there on our honeymoon and have returned each time so that is our "special" anniversary, besides just being at Disney which is always amazing.

We celebrated our anniversary in January with DD4 and DS2. We honeymooned in Disney, so it is special to us anyway. We went to Akershus with our little prince and princess for lunch and spent the day in Epcot. We had a picture taken at night in front of Spaceship Earth of just DH and I. We had dinner in Mexico CS and grabbed a seat to watch Illuminations. It may not seem all that romantic, but it was lots of fun!

We are celebrating our 10 year anniversary this year. I guess we aren't the only ones who celebrate with children. We have three though so I am not sure what we are doing while staying at the world. My splurge for this trip is AKL. We are staying there for three days. I am interested to see what others have to say about this. I have looked into the childcare and such but honestly $30 an hour seems steep. The guilt would be bad enough.....

We just got back on Friday, we celebrated our 13th anniversary w/ our 3 kids by going to Chef Mickeys and then on a Magical Celebration Cruise to watch the Wishes fireworks. Again, not so romantic but it was wonderful to be w/ my family. When it was over my DS10 asked me if I enjoyed my anniversary and of course that just made my night!

I just had to write to say that I think it is wonderful that the OP and everyone who has posted since are celebrating their anniversaries WITH their kids at Disney! I won't mention the posts that upset me (and many others) on things like leaving their little kids alone in the room so mom & dad can "have a date" at Disney. Ok, ok-I mentioned the posts-just happy to read posts like these! :wizard: Happy Anniversary!!

Dh and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary during our October trip. I could never leave the kids behind while we were in WDW, so we're celebrating as a family. So, all six of us have ADR's at 1900 Park Fare. I figure that celebrating with Cinderella and the Prince will be pretty special. We've never even been to the GF before, so I'm excited to finally see another resort, besides the Contemporary and the values. Afterwards, we're off to Epcot to watch Illuninations. I can't think of a better way to celebrate the big 1-0.....with those near and dear to me, and in my favorite place :sunny:

We went in Jan for our 10th. It was a Dream Trip for me to take my girls and Dh. :cheer2: It was us (5) and both sets (4) of our parents, we both are only children.

It was a blast. For our anniversary night supper the GPs took the kids to 1900 Park fare. Dh and I went to Yachtsman and then watched the firesworks. It was very romantic and special. Worth all the planning.

One suggestion, what ever you do make sure when you book your ressies tell them the day of your anniversary. They did a great little sampler at the Yachtsman for us in addition to our regular meal. Disney is a magical place!

We celebrated our 8th anniversary with our kids. We ate at Boma and put the kids in the Kids Club at AKL. With what we would have paid for them to eat with us, we paid for the club. And they were fed dinner in there. They loved it. They were 4 and 6 at the time. After dinner, there was alittle time left before we had to pick them up, so DH and I walked the grounds together. It was very nice to spend that time together.
This year we'll be celebrating our 10 year anniversary! Staying at the Dolphin is part of the "celebration" since that's where we stayed on our honeymoon. I've made dinner ressies for Le Cellier for the 4 of us. The thought popped into my mind last night though that we might try the kids club at the Dolphin and just have DH and I do dinner at Le Cellier. Still undecided on that.

If we were doing a 2-3 day trip to celebrate, we probably wouldn't bring the kids with us and they could stay with Grandparents, but since we'll be there a week, there's no way we'd leave them. They love WDW as much as we do and we love sharing that time together.

We're celebrating our 25th Anniversary in the world, and we'e bringing dd 9!! (our older boys will be in college!!)

We rented points to get a 1 Bedroom at BWV... we'll selfishly put dd in a kid's club one night and go to Party of the Senses (hopefully- - ) but on our day we've booked Artist Point!! We are also going to Le Cellier, and California Grille!! (its not everyday we get to 25 years!!) and DD will be with us... she is helping us plan the trip, and she does dictate the rides and shows as well !! (OK dictate isnt exactly the right wording, I was trying to be cute!!)

We feel very blessed!!

Great thing about WDW is that the majority of the nice sit-down restaurants have children's menus. What about dinner at Le Cellier followed by a glass of Champagne in France and watching Illuminations together?

We are celebrating our 10th anniversary at Disney too! We went to WDW for our honeymoon and are bringing our DDs along this time. We were going to go on a cruise (just the 2 of us), but I couldn't bring myself to spend that much money and not have the girls with us! I also knew that based on our 5th anniversary trip that I wouldn't be able to be away from DDs that long. We were supposed take a 4 day trip to a bed and breakfast I only lasted 2 day before I told DH we had to go home because I missed the girls too much! :)

We can't wait for Disney. We have planned relaxing days to enjoy the time together. We have made reservations at Le Cellier one night with the girls and I HAD to take them to CRT for breakfast. We did sign the girls up for Grand Adventures in Cooking on our last day, they heard about it and begged to go. DH and I will take a walk around the Grand Floridian and enjoy each other's company while they are cooking away!

My parents always had me and my sister with them for anniversaries and such. It was really nice and it's a nice memory to look back on.

If you all have a 'special place' then you can consider that. Otherwise, what we loved as kids (and one thing my DD lvoes now) was the opportunity to dress up and go somewhere nice for your special day. With the character breakfast in the morning, I'd consider a 'nice' restaurant for dinner - make it an occasion by dressing up a bit if possible, get a special dessert or cake, etc.....

Have a wonderful anniversary!

We're celebrating our 5th anniv. at WL in June, with our 2 year old. My 2 older children are going to my parents' for the week and off to have some fun with them.

I've tried to throw in some romance here and there, we'll see if it works!
We're going to do the Wishes Fireworks Cruise,
we're staying in the honeymoon suite for 3 nights,
I've arranged for champagne and chocolate covered strawberries for the cruise,
I ordered these things ahead of time and someone at Wilderness Lodge is going to incorporate them into a fruit basket that will be brought to our room...
Etched champagne flutes...with our names and 'Happily Ever After' on them,
Matching tshirts - I :love: my husband and his ofcourse says , I :love: my wife,
a jar of my husbands favorite kind of honey with a note 'for my honey',

and
something to go along with the traditional wedding anniversary gift.
5 years is wood-

We're eating wherever we please. Some of our ADR's will benefit our 2 year old, some of the ADR's are more for us, like Artist Point.

There's some ideas, whatever you do, have a wonderful time!!!!! :Pinkbounc

No tips for you, but I agree, our family is the same way and we love celebrating everything with our children!!! Have a wonderful happy anniversary!!!

Andrea

I don't have any tips but am taking notes! We will be in WDW this August during our 8th anniv. with DD 4, and haven't thought about our anniv! :blush:

Enjoy your time, whatever you decide to do!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter