• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Way off topic...just need to vent

chemteacher03

Mouseketeer
We just got back from Disney on Saturday. I return to the classroom this Monday...Well, I stopped in today and saw that I will be evaluated by a pretty tough administrator this year...she has been solely and directly responsible for 4 of 8 teachers not achieving tenure in my department alone in the past 4 years. Not the greatest odds and I'm already starting to freak out about it. Atleast I know I have a job for one more year, I guess. I'm just feeling very low and I almost feel like I have lost my job...yet I haven't even strated this school year yet. Geez! The principal likes me and that's great. My department chair likes me...and that's great too. The principal does not evaluate me, but my dept chair does still.

Sorry for venting.

Don't freak out... keep calm and breathe!!! if you are confident it will show, the odds are still 50\50, so tell yourself that you will beat this thing and come out proud...
you can come here and vent all you want... and tell us what happens next...

GOOD LUCK!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Just an other tip: you attract what you think... so if you imagine yourself coming out on top and a winner... you will be fine and sail through it.... again key word here, POSITIVE thinking....
Again good luck.

If that person is approachable, go to her and ask for her what's important to her and any advice she may have to being successful. She might rattle off all kinds of things you can do to meet her standards. She might then also have (indirectly) a vested interest in your success.

Perhaps the others did not deserve tenure.

BobK/Orlando

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter