test mobile ad location
  1. Guest - Welcome to the new DIS Boards! I have created a forum on the tech support board to talk about any issues we are seeing and a thread to discuss new functionality - Alex

waving at fishlips cam?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by ibcrazie4dizney, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Have a few cheesy questions. I watched the port Canaveral cam as the dream left today. from what I read before, I assumed people wanted to get a good spot on deck to wave and be noticed on the cam. so I was worried that we wouldn't be able to find a good spot or be up at the railing. I noticed today that people are only scattered and some areas had no one. so where was everyone? are there places you cant go? is there something else going on that all the people were at?

I also saw a few people waving shiny blue streamers on sticks. they don't gave anything out on the boat do they? I was assuming we would bring something from home to make it fun.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Let Dreams Unlimited Travel plan your perfect Disney vacation!

to hide this advert.
  3. NEmel

NEmel Member

They do hand out streamers at the sail away party. We were too busy dancing at the party to even watch the sail away!

4. skylynx

skylynx <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

We've been handed the blue streamers before...people on the deck trying to get the attention of the Fishlips camera operator are possibly interested in buying the footage of the sailaway and want to be sure they are in the video and can identify themselves!

Plenty of people don't hang around during sailaway after the party ends...they are going to check to see if their luggage is there or, if they have early dining, to get ready!

5. Stitch'sCousin

Stitch'sCousin Mouseketeer

Lots of people would be watching the sailaway party instead of looking out at the camera as they leave port.

6. lbgraves

lbgraves <font color=darkcoral>Little Cinderella's Mommy<br

From what I saw in another post, the ship was late leaving port today. People were at early dinner when it did leave port, which would explain not as many people being at the railing waving. If the ship leaves on time, the sailaway party is over and the characters have left the stage when the ship is moving down the channel.

7. yes, it did leave late. I thought it was supposed to be 5:00 but it actually left closer to 6:00.