*Waves* Newbie Here!

Allison Joy

DIS Veteran
Well, I have loved Disney since I was little, but, finally, at age 32, I am planning my first Disney vacation! I'm so excited. I'll be going with a friend and her mom, who are both Disney veterans. I'll fly in from MO, and they will drive in from AL. I'm going in May 2016, nine days after my 33rd birthday! So even though it really wasn't planned as such, I'm considering it a late b-day celebration also. I'll be flying in on a Sunday and flying back on a Saturday, with four or five days at the parks. I'm SO excited!

I'm also a NASA geek. Apollo 13 is my favorite movie, and I can nearly quote it. I would love to see the Kennedy Space Center/Cape Canaveral while I'm out there, but my friend thinks it probably won't work out. So close, and yet... :) Anyway, looks like this trip will focus solely on Disney, and other stuff will have to wait for another trip.

Welcome!

We are out there in May too :)

You'll have a blast!

KSC is brilliant if you can get out there. The Apollo mission stuff is cool. The new shuttle exhibits look good, but we went before that opened.

If you really want to visit KSC, you could possibly rent a car and extend your trip for a day. When you're doing a full WDW vacation, it's tough to fit in anything else because there's SO MUCH to do and so little time to fit in all the magic! lol Anyway...air fare is expensive and you're going to be so close to the space center, maybe you should consider doing that teeny leg of the trip on your own. ;)
Have a wonderful time! :)

Welcome! I'm new here too. You're going to have an amazing time on your tip! Also, May is a great time to go. I took my first real Disney trip in May 2014 and had a blast! The weather definitely won't get chilly at that point in the year, but it's also not usually quite as hot and humid as it is is from June - August. It's also not super crowded, especially if you go earlier in the month, because pretty much all schools will still be in session.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter