Wave phone charges

Oh...this is a charge with a claim that the phone was damaged, not missing.

A photo would not have proved that the phone had or didn't have "water damage."

Mine had a weird thing going on with the screen. Didn't affect the use of it but maybe I should have brought it to the attention of guest services upon boarding.

If your son didn't damage the phone, about all you can do is contest the charge with your credit card company. Although the statement that they took $250 out of his bank account makes me think a debit card was used. That will be more difficult.

It is hard to prove when the damage was done. When we went to use our 2nd phone on the 2nd day, it was not working. I took it to guest services and they looked at it and told me it was working fine. I tried it again and :sad2:. I marched it back down to GS and informed them; "NO IT IS BROKEN"! It was then taken from me and not returned for 2 more days. The GS CM told me, "good thing you brought it down the 2nd day; first morning or we would have charged you".... :scared1: I now know everytime we get on the ship right after the lifeboat drill, I guess we will have to do a phone drill. :thumbsup2 We spend a lot of time together on the ship and did not have a great need for them. My kids were not very interested in them either; so we could have "just left it in the room and never have known; later to be charged". We were always put off because they provide 2 phones but one charger.... So I am wondering if they should have a better system too...

I wonder who actually determines the phones are missing/damaged, then transmits that data somewhere. It must be stateroom host. Is it possible if they were dissatisfied with their tip they could do this to us? :eek: Please tell me this can't be plausible and I'm paranoid.
I think that's a little harsh towards the stateroom hosts. I'll be the one to say it. I think you are a little paranoid with that concern.

- Dreams

Yes you can decline them. Not sure what happens but I assume the stateroom host would then be instructed to remove them.

wait a minute...you were charged becasue they were damaged or you were charged for using them??? if we are being charged to use them, then forget it for us...that's a steap price to pay

Using them is free. The OP's son was charged for a damaged phone.

After talking to DCL on & off for 2 weeks and was told a final decision not to refund his money I e-mailed DCL. Today got a return e-mail that reads sorry for the inconvenience after investigation it was found the previous guest had damaged the phone and your son's account had been charged by mistake and a refund will be issued to his account. Thanks DCL representative. I guess if you keep trying everything will work out. Just make sure that both of your wave phones are working or report it to GS immediately. :worship:

After talking to DCL on & off for 2 weeks and was told a final decision not to refund his money I e-mailed DCL. Today got a return e-mail that reads sorry for the inconvenience after investigation it was found the previous guest had damaged the phone and your son's account had been charged by mistake and a refund will be issued to his account. Thanks DCL representative. I guess if you keep trying everything will work out. Just make sure that both of your wave phones are working or report it to GS immediately. :worship:

I'm glad it worked out for you! That is good advise that I will take!

But to the previous occupants of your stateroom, if you break something and think you have gotten away with it, think twice they will hunt you down ... :happytv:

Ok, this phone thing has me worried and confused. I guess we should check the phones as soon as we get to our stateroom. Anything I should look for besides the obvious? We are sailing on the 25th and we want no drama, just relaxation.

Ok, this phone thing has me worried and confused. I guess we should check the phones as soon as we get to our stateroom. Anything I should look for besides the obvious? We are sailing on the 25th and we want no drama, just relaxation.

I would check both phones their is only one charger. I would switch them to make sure both are charging and working properly. Report any problems to GS asap. Main thing have fun! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter