Wave phone charges

dvcer57

Mouseketeer
Has anyone else had any issues being charged for a wave phone that wasn't even used on cruise. This happened to my son in our 2ND cabin. We were on the June 21st Dream and 2 1/2 months after disembarkation they took $250 out of his bank acct. Called DCL said they didn't know why but have had several complaints about this issue and would look into it. In the mean time he canceled a cruise he had booked on board and after they told him they weren't going to do anything about it I also canceled the cruise we had booked. He said they never used them or took them out of the room. Cruiser beware of this problem.

Haven't cruised with wave phones yet, but this is something I'm worried about. I wish instead of having them in the rooms, you had to check them out from guest services. I will be putting ours away so the kids can't play with and misplace them.

This is something that has worried me too after reading a few of these posts. To be charged 2.5 months later is worrisome. I would dispute it with the credit card company immediately. There is no way to prove something 2.5 months later with the amount of guests that would have access to them. They would know on the very next cruise if the wave phones were damaged or lost.

Interesting. I think I will take a picture of all the wave phones inside my cabin with a time and date stamp so I can prove they were there when I left.

Interesting. I think I will take a picture of all the wave phones inside my cabin with a time and date stamp so I can prove they were there when I left.

I was thinking the same thing! Or maybe find your stateroom host (not too sure how easy that would be on last morning)

GREAT idea!! We leave in 3 weeks 6 days, so I'll tell everyone before we disembark to take a picture of their room, date stamped, to verify it. :sad2: Pity though that now we have THIS issue to worry about!

Has DCL found a new revenue stream. I'll bet many don't check or question their bill. Actually if the charge is posted weeks after sailing I'm wrong, everyone would contest charge. :confused3

Is this just on the Dream or do all the ships have the wave phones. I will be on the Wonder in Dec. and need to prepare for any later mishaps..........:confused:

I was thinking the same thing! Or maybe find your stateroom host (not too sure how easy that would be on last morning)

Trust me, that's really easy, they're all in the halls waiting for folks to leave their rooms so they can start turning them over.

GREAT idea!! We leave in 3 weeks 6 days, so I'll tell everyone before we disembark to take a picture of their room, date stamped, to verify it. :sad2: Pity though that now we have THIS issue to worry about!

Time stamps are worthless because they can be faked/forged. How do they really know when the picture was taken? They need to change their broken system.

Busy bees-All the ships have them. We sailed the Wonder in January and the Dream in August.

Sure, the time stamp can be changed by simply changing the date on your camera. But you could turn the TV on the last morning and snap a photo of the phones with the TV in the background when it is displaying the date/time.

I wonder who actually determines the phones are missing/damaged, then transmits that data somewhere. It must be stateroom host. Is it possible if they were dissatisfied with their tip they could do this to us? :eek: Please tell me this can't be plausible and I'm paranoid.

Date/Time stamp photo would be worthless ... what's to stop a cruiser from taking a picture, then taking the phone?

Sure, the time stamp can be changed by simply changing the date on your camera. But you could turn the TV on the last morning and snap a photo of the phones with the TV in the background when it is displaying the date/time.

That solves part of the problem but what is to keep you from walking off with the phone after you take the picture?

My gosh, this is scary! I cruised about 3 weeks back, so I will definitely keep an eye on my upcoming cc statements!!

Date/Time stamp photo would be worthless ... what's to stop a cruiser from taking a picture, then taking the phone?

And boy... not at all trying to be sarcastic, but it would be an act of absolute desperation to desire, and actually take those phones... IMO they already look like the've "been around the block" a few times, the features are so primitive, and the likeliness of them working off the ship is probably slim to none. But you never know... :confused3

I wouldn't get all worried about this, think about it. Disney just charged you nearly double what you would pay on another cruise line. They want you to come back and spend double again. Why would they take $250 from you when they know they can get $5000 out of you if theres no problems like this? Theres 2 sides to every story....

I wouldn't get all worried about this, think about it. Disney just charged you nearly double what you would pay on another cruise line. They want you to come back and spend double again. Why would they take $250 from you when they know they can get $5000 out of you if theres no problems like this? Theres 2 sides to every story....

We cancelled both our onboard cruises after this happened and it didn't seem to matter to them. I should have mentioned they said they had water damage and weren't missing. So how would you prove that?

Sometimes people make mistakes, even large corporaions, (Ask Bell Lol) but how many other people were charged for this on your cruise? I don't know your 21 year old son, but I know when I was young I didn't always 'fess up... we aren't all saints.

I think I got a few posts confused here! Sorry!

Good points. They really need to come up with another way to make sure they phones aren't missing/damaged before you leave the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter