Wave breakfast buffett

AllieBoo

DIS Veteran
Has anyone tried the breakfast buffet at the Wave recently? We are going in June and thinking of eating there since we are staying at CR, but wanted to get some opinions. TIA!

Honestly, it has become one of our favorites. We were there last in September, talked my Mom and sisters into trying it and it is now their favorite as well. So much quieter down there then up by Chef Mickey's and just a nice relaxing spot. Our service and food were both really good. I hope you give it a try. I am not a sweet potato fan but those pancakes with that maple pecan butter (I think that is what it was anyway) was SOOOO good. I also liked the variety, while it is not a huge buffet, there was plenty there to make everyone happy.

I haven't been there in a couple of years, but am really looking forward to our reservation next month.

Haven't been there since 2013 and it was the best one at Disney. Sweet Potato pancakes FTW!

It's one of the best unknown places to get breakfast, and the buffet is tops. It's not very big, but it makes up in quality versus quantity. That pecan butter is absolutely delicious.

Has anyone tried the breakfast buffet at the Wave recently? We are going in June and thinking of eating there since we are staying at CR, but wanted to get some opinions. TIA!
I'm not a big fan of Wave buffet, but....
http://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/re...ar-menu-and-wagyu-sliders-from-contempo-cafe/

My preference includes 1900 Park Fare buffet instead - if on Monorail Loop. Cape May is similar, but along Boardwalk. Both of these come with Characters.

We also enjoy Fresh, inside Dolphin, for our favorite buffet that includes fresh juices (i.e., carrot, beet, wheatgrass, etc.).

But if the Wave is convenient, this is fine too.

I am a big fan of Eggs Benedict. The Wave has them on the buffet and on the breakfast menu. They were better off the menu. On the buffet I thought they were soggy. But the rest of the buffet was excellent.

We love the Wave buffet! And if others in your party prefer, you can order off the menu as well. Their lunch is very good too. Not as keen on dinner there. I fear The Wave will not be such a great secret much longer:ssst:

We ate their last month for the first time and it was great. Had to make another reservation for our trip in a few weeks and take the whole family.

We had the buffet last summer. It is now our favorite breakfast on property. And, for Disney, it is relatively affordable.

Yes - one of favorite breakfast buffets. It is a bit limited compared to some of the buffets but very good. They have taken a few things off over the years and changed it around a bit but here's a look at photos & our review...

The Wave Breakfast Photos & Review

We did the Wave breakfast buffet for the first time last month and loved it; I would definitely go back. Plus bottomless Mimosas :thumbsup2
Wait....bottomless Mimosas?? I do not remember reading about this when I read the reviews several months ago but I'm sold on it now!!

LOVE the Wave breakfast buffet. My DD is over character meals and so glad we found this on our last trip!

I have a question. I have a reservation at The Wave for breakfast, but I didn't want to do a buffet. Nothing against this particular buffet, it's just after years of doing alot of Disney breakfast buffets (and some others, too), I'm kind of tired of buffets and would rather enjoy a sit-down.

Now, I know that I can order off the menu here, of course, but after hearing people who all had the buffet rave about the sweet potato pancakes and seeing that the current Disney World menus for The Wave ALSO has them on the regular menu, I all of a sudden came to the revelation that - 'Is EVERYTHING on the regular menu the same things that are on the buffet?!?!' Because that would really be LOL. And weird. I was reading a review on another site that mentioned the buffet also contained another current menu item - the Eggs Benedict.

I mean, since I want a sit down breakfast, it would seem pretty stupid of me and counter-price-productive (just made up that term!) to order something on a menu for nearly $15 that just for it to be served to me fresh, when it and all the menu items are sitting just feet from me in a tray.

If the menu at least had some exclusive items on it that weren't in the buffet trays, then at least I could justify this as a sitdown meal - like I was looking at possibly ordering something like the Florida Rock Shrimp Omelet or the Citrus-scented Brioche French Toast but if even they are in the buffet trays, then I think this place is not worth it or not what I'm looking for.

ETA: Actually, thank you JZCubed, I read that review you posted above which had pictures of all the food stations at the Buffet, and it looks like those two dishes I mentioned above were not on it. So, at least I know that, so I think I will keep this ressie. Also, I have to say that DOES look like a spectacular buffet, so maybe I will do the buffet, after all LOL. I'll decide on the day and based on if the menu changes. That shrimp avocado omelette DOES sound delicious, though. The Wave buffet is one of the few breakfast ones I've never done, though, while I've done so many of the others multiple times and theirs really does look superior to most of them. Decisions...decisions...

Last edited:
We ate there in early March and absolutely loved it! We were staying at the CR as well and walked up around 8:30 or 8:45 for breakfast for three. I have to eat gluten free (celiac), and I was well taken care of. My 9 year old and my husband also found items that satisfied their diverse interests. We ended up skipping lunch altogether that day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter