Waterspout off Castaway Cay

I think everyone was too busy running for their cameras to get freaked out. If it had headed towards us instead of away from us, things might have been different ;-) I was so fascinated I couldn't stop looking at it!

I saw it and took pics but kept thinking should we be worried? I asked a CM and he said he didn't know bc he has never seen one there before. Lol. Great pics and memories though. At least the sun came out for a little while after

I also was there it was cool to look at the waterspout then we made our way to the end of the pier to see more of the waterspout and found our bartender, Andrae and had a hummingbird drink! Yummy!

Wow, that's cool! We were there that day too but were busy snorkeling finding the hidden Mickey! It rained pretty good but we were snorkeling so it didn't matter all that much. :)

We went parasailing in the afternoon and it was fun in the misty weather. I got dunked twice (asked for it!) and each time the ocean felt like the best bath water. Despite the not so sunny weather as we hoped for, Castaway Cay still offered up a great day and now a bonus to see this video! Thanks for sharing!

We had a twin spout on our 2011 cruise. You are in such awe that you kind of forget to be worried. Glad everyone was ok!!

Wow, 9 times at CC and never seen one. That's great footage. it looks like it was very cold that day!

Has this been fixed? I don't think I would be comfortable swimming in the area where this happening.

UncleLarry said:
Has this been fixed? I don't think I would be comfortable swimming in the area where this happening.

Are you being funny? This is a natural phenomena - not even Disney can fix it.

We were there also. A guy next to us was kinda freaking out, as he thought it was a tornado! I asked him if he was from "tornado country" and he said no. However, I am from tornado country and knew it wasn't one. I explained to him what one looked like, but I'm not sure he believe me. Anyway, it was neat to see!

DakotaDisneyLover said:
We were there also. A guy next to us was kinda freaking out, as he thought it was a tornado! I asked him if he was from "tornado country" and he said no. However, I am from tornado country and knew it wasn't one. I explained to him what one looked like, but I'm not sure he believe me. Anyway, it was neat to see!

Waterspouts are still tornados so I'm confused by your post. :). Some come from the sky down and others go from the water up, the later of which generally disappears over land. Either way, I wouldn't wanna be swimming near one of those suckers, lol. They are so cool though. What awesome footage!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

On our stop at Great Stirrup Cay during our first NCL cruise, we saw 2 waterspouts very close to Coco Cay(Royal Caribbean's island). We were still on the ship at the time and were amazed by them. I wonder what the passengers on their ship(Royal Caribbean)thought though.

Ahhhh! I will forever have a mortal fear of Waterspouts. I was trapped on a roller coaster next to Lake Erie (Cedar Point) during a thunderstorm, and waterspouts started forming and the ride operators LEFT US! 45 minutes we sat there waiting for the storm to pass, I hate those things.

calismic said:
Ahhhh! I will forever have a mortal fear of Waterspouts. I was trapped on a roller coaster next to Lake Erie (Cedar Point) during a thunderstorm, and waterspouts started forming and the ride operators LEFT US! 45 minutes we sat there waiting for the storm to pass, I hate those things.

Lol!!!

I was life guarding at Soak City one summer during college break. One day, there were THREE water spouts that formed. THREE. I was getting my meteorology degree at Ohio State so I was in heaven! It looked like a scene from a movie with people running and screaming for cover! I was trying to get a better view ;)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter