waterslides at castaway cay?

Your pictures are all so beautiful!! :lovestruc The water looks so clean & clear!!
We will be at Castaway Cay next Tuesday!!! I'm so excited!
I noticed some kids wearing life jackets. Is this a requirement, or just parents preference??

When were you there? We were there on 9/7/2010.
Really ? we maybe on each others pictures then :scared1: we had a blast at CC, without a doubt is the best part of DCL.

We love Castaway Cay. Been there 5 times and would like to visit another 10 times or more! My kids keep asking when Disney will allow guests to spend the night there.

The lines for the water slide were neglible when we were there. You have to swim out to the platform. Once there, the wait was about 3 or 4 minutes.
PP was our first stop, there was virtually no wait, and like KSDD said you have to swim out to the platform; I'm looking for a pic of the depth marker.

Great pictures! cant wait to see it for myself. I noticed on the map several other things that said COMING SOON-anyone know what they are and when they will be opening?

How far do you actually have to swim to get to the platform and how deep is the water? I have a family of not so great swimmers that love to go on waterslides. Thanks!

My guess is that you have to swim ~100', I found a pic and added notes to it so you can get an idea about the distance from the depth marker to the platform. Life jackets are optional, and they have plenty of them by the entrance.
5010975164_5f1d20c162_b.jpg

This is the depth marker.
5010973954_815ff0e62b_b.jpg

Wow, :thumbsup2thanks for the awesome photos and lettingme know that there is a slide.
My kids are goign to love seeing these photos- our trip is coming up in December, now we just have to hope it is nice and warm.
Thanks again!!:yay:

I know this is an older thread, but I'm wondering if there is a charge to use Pelican Plunge?

We've been to other private islands and there has usually been a charge to use their water slides and such (I'm not talking about the jet skis or floats or anything like that)

I can't imagine there would be a charge to use PP, but maybe someone who's been recently can comment.

My question is - what's the best strategy for seating if your kids are going to spend a lot of time at PP? Can you swim there from the regular part of the beach, or do you go to Pelican Point to get out to PP? If so, where do you dump all your stuff before going out there?

I know this is an older thread, but I'm wondering if there is a charge to use Pelican Plunge?

We've been to other private islands and there has usually been a charge to use their water slides and such (I'm not talking about the jet skis or floats or anything like that)

No charge.....and here are some more pics that I took on the Magic Halloween cruise.

Here are some pics from CC that we took on the Halloween cruise showing the new things....we have also been to CC in the early part of January and we had to sit on the beach with jackets on....but I don't care!!! This trip the foucs is the ship!!!

MJ

my 7year old can not swim but she loves water slides. do they have any slides you don't have to swim to? thanks cathy

Is there an age limit or height limit? I have two boys (plus a nephew) who will be going next year. They will be 14 and 16 at the time. My 16 yr old is over 6ft tall.

Just wondering if this is something for the smaller age group or should they be fine?

I just don't want to show them these pictures and they get all excited about it only to turn around and tell them that they can go on it. LOL

***a side note on the picture of the new map. Does anyone know what the "coming soon" attractions are and when they should be ready? We're going in June of 2012, can't wait!!!

Good question (is there an upper age/height limit). I was looking forward to going on the slides myself - are they restricted to kids?

Good question (is there an upper age/height limit). I was looking forward to going on the slides myself - are they restricted to kids?

I haven't been there but just from the photo you can see that is a huge water slide! No way that is for little kids! I would think there were minimum heights for it. Plus you can see adults/older kids in the photos going down it.

My family's first time to CC and first Disney cruise in March. you mention life jackets. Are they available at CC or do we need to bring for our 5 and 8 yr old boys?

Thanks for the help.

Mark

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter