• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Waterslide ?

emilyg

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know of or if there are height requirements for the resort water slides, mostly those at the 4 moderate resorts? Also do you know if they allow smaller children to do down on an adults lap?
Thanks!

Not sure about a height requirement. But I do know that a child has to go down alone. Can't go down on your lap.

Yes, most of the slides have height requirements. The only slides you can take your child with you are the family raft rides. There are a few that allow a 42" child to ride in front of you on a double raft.

For the Moderate Resort Pool Slides: there's no posted height or age requirements. You cannot ride down the slide with your child. For extra safety, there are kids life vests available. Also, the slides are closed/roped off when the life guard is not on duty.

You also cannot wait right at the bottom of the slide to grab you child. You can be off the side to a little, but the child must be able to swim a little bit away from the bottom.

I saw very small children (like 2 or 3 yrs old) doing the slide at POR. Usually one parent (or older sibling) would go first, then the smaller child, then the second parent. The child had on a swim vest, and did just fine. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter