• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Waterparks worth it?

mom_to_2

Mouseketeer
Hello!! So...DH and I are thinking about taking our 2 boys back to WDW in early June (before our youngest turns 3 and we have to pay for him). Just wondering...if we have the Stormalong Bay pool, wouuld it still be worth it to do the waterparks and more option??????

I would say just stay in the hotel pool. We love the water parks but in June they are so crowed I wouldn't go.

That is what I was thinking might be the case...and the resort pool looks AWESOME! Although, it may be insanely crowded as well...

Well, the pool will likely be mobbed. The ages of your kids will determine the value of the waterparks to you. If your youngest is three then you may as well enjoy the pool. It will be challenging at a waterpark with different age children. The only downside to the pool is the waterslide has a long walkway and you can;t see the kids well as they get up to to the top. I remember it being a little nerve wracking with little ones.

Definitely! We've been to both water parks twice now - plus Aquatica too. Our youngest was almost 2 and almost 3 when we went and he absolutely loved it! We've been in June and August and while it was busy it wasn't so packed you couldn't move or enjoy yourself. We all enjoyed them so much that we won't do a summer trip without including the water parks in our planning.

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

GREAT GREAT GREAT WATER PARKS. Absolute must, esp on those oh so hot days.

I've been to just about every water park in FL in my lifetime, many multiple times, and Disney's are not any better than any of the others IMO. We did TL when I was about 15 and I was underwhelmed.

We have done the waterparks & SAB... since you are already paying for SAB & with the ages of your kids, they will love SAB... Our son likes the waterparks (he is 6), but there is a lot of walking to get to the different attractions & some of them he is not tall enough... if you would be paying OOP or are looking to add Water Parks & more, I would save you money for something else. My son is just as happy at SAB...

We went to Typhoon Lagoon once many years ago. It was nice. The girls had a good time. Neither one has ever asked to go back.

If you are only planning to have one water park or Disney Quest day you are much better off purchasing separate tickets.

If you add the Water Parks Fun and More option to your MYW ticket it will cost $57.51 (including tax) per person, adult or child. It will add one WPF&M entry per day on the base or hopper ticket (but two entries on a one day ticket).

If you purchase one day water park or Disney Quest tickets they cost $48.99 adult and $42.60 child. If you are an Annual Passholder or DVC Member you can purchase one day water park tickets at an approximate 10% discount.

This upgrade may be done at any Park (including water parks or TTC) ticket booth or Guest Relations Office. If it is on your room key it can also be done at the Resort Lobby Concierge.

(Note each person must have their own ticket. Even though it adds multiple entries to your ticket, you can only use one ticket for one person.)

Also, if you are planning to do three or more water park visits within a year there is a definite price advantage to purchase Water Park Annual Passes.

We have two unusual policies at the water parks concerning ticketing. Both involve use of a one day water park ticket.

One is we will allow full value of the used WP ticket to upgrade to a WP AP as long as it is within 14 days of use.

The other, which is the only time combining tickets is allowed, is we will merge a used WP one day ticket with a MYW ticket to add the WPF&M option and only charge the difference in price.

We never get waterparks. The resort pool sometimes is hard to make time for. The two parks of course raises the ticket price and UNLESS u will go I wouldn't bother. If u decide to when u r down there DISNEY will certainly hook u up.:teacher:

I love the waterparks but for young kids I think you'll do find at stromalong bay

I say yes! We did each waterpark last Summer and it was sooo fun!

We LOVE the waterparks but are skipping this trip because we decided it would be tough to wrangle DD(1 1/2). However, young kids love to swim and SAB is so much fun! I had the chance to hang out there for the day before getting on the DCL ship and it was amazing. I think it would be more fun for a young child than any waterpark.

My husband and I tried the water parks for the first time in September. It was my 9th trip to WDW, but our first together without the kids.

Typhoon Lagoon was FANTASTIC!!! The first thing I said to our kids when we got home was that we need to get them to Typhoon Lagoon.

Definitely worth it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter