Waterparks at Disney: Do you bring your own towels from home?

disneymoss

Mouseketeer
Just wondering if you bring your own towel from home for the waterparks. We have done Disney in November before but never during the summer, this will be our first trip to the Waterparks. Also which park is your favorite TL or BB?

I always bring a big, colorful beach towel to WDW with me. When at the water parks, it's invaluable when you need to find your seat...all those chaises with the plain white towels...my chaise sticks out like a sore thumb.
Even at the resort it's useful to have a colorful towel. People seem to be less apt to move a true beach towel than a plain white resort issue one if they think the chaise looks empty.

We definitely bring our own. Never anything too nice just in case it gets lost, but it's nice to be able to spot your own towel easily.

Personally, I like BOTH WP's. TL is the classic, but the theming at BB is unmatched!

I'm another one who always brings them from home. . . as colorful as possible, and never Disney ones. As previous posters have said, it makes it way easier to find your chair in the sea of white towels.

Overall I greatly prefer TL, though I do like the family raft ride at BB better.

We also bring our own towels. We rent a locker for I think only 7 bucks and stick them in there along with our other stuff. We really only use them at the end of the day right before we leave.

You can tell TL is newer. They have cushioned slides! BB is more themed though and it has a really fun 8 person racing slide that my family loves. Oh, but TL has the better wavepool.

Oh, I just can't decide :scared:

Thanks everyone for the replies....although I'm still torn between the two parks, oh well I guess we'll just have to try them both!! :cool1: :banana: :cool1: As for the towels I guess that's one more thing I will have to add to the packing list!!!

Thanks again everyone!!! Packing has officially begun!!!:woohoo:

Another vote for bringing your own. I bring some of our older, thinner towels. If they should get taken, it won't be a big deal.

We borrow towels from the WL lodge pool area and take them to TL. We do return them after.

We went to both TL and BB on our first trip (2003) and we all preferred TL. We went back there in 2006 and 2007. DS now wants to try BB on our next trip, which will likely be 8/09.

Just returned from a trip where we visited the water parks 5 times. For my family of 5, we usually rent 3 towels for $1 each when there. We like not having to lug wet and sandy towels out of the parks... I usually have a bright colored bag with some diaper stuff that is bold enough to help find our seats.

We use the towels to 1)make the beach chairs more comfortable to sit on (they're strappy seats) and 2) help dry off if we take a shower and change into dry clothes or just before heading to the car. The rented ones you just throw in the big bins they have. The weather has been so warm for our visits that we don't use a towel like we normally would. We could almost go without one... you dry off so fast!

Frankly, I can see either way... we went with friends this time and they brought towels from their hotel room. It worked for them. It wasn't like they had to wash them themselves (just dumped them into the hotel laundry). I just didn't want to have to carry that much more bulk into the park. I can see how it works well for some! To each his own...!!;)

We love BB... TL wave pool is too strong for my young kids (DD6 got very banged up on her first wave! Friend was "watching" her - ugh!!) and BB has more slides and rides that we enjoy.

I bring my own towels, plus its easier to locate your chairs that way! :) Bring something bright and different....

We only do carry on so if we have room we bring our own well used beach towels and they don't come home with us ,so we have a little room in the suitcase on the way home.

Those big colorful beach towels are nice but they take up a good amount of room in a suitcase and the weight can add up real quick. Even worse if you are packing a towel for each member of your family. Consider that, if you are border line having to pay that extra airline baggage fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter