Waterparks and More feature Worth It?

Trinity524

DIS Veteran
I post this under Family and I didn't get any responses. I hope you guys can help!

I am wondering if this was worth it for you... I normally overdo Disney and end up in pain from running around the parks. I was thinking that if I got the waterparks and more, it would give me more to do than just be at the parks... Was it worth it to you? I have a two year old and we are going for 8 nights. DH is 28..

TIA,

Annie

It denpends on what time of year you are going at what resort you are staying at. Also if you are going for a short trip it is hard to fit even that in. If you stay at Beach & Yatch club or the dvc then I would definatley not do it. Also if you do AKL or AKV I would probably not bother. The water parks also tend to reach capacity when it is hot and they will turn you away.

I feel it USED to be worth it, but not really any more.

We did it a few times a couple years ago when Pleasure Island was still a separate cover. Between one night at Pleasure Island and one day at a water park, it saved us money. But now Pleasure Island is really no more. (At least compared to the old way.)

BUT, this time we plan to do a water park. We'll just pay for that one day at Typhoon Lagoon and not bother with the extra ticket feature. (And we've done Disney Quest once already, and that was plenty for us, so we don't need it for that.)

We've decided that it isn't worth it for us.

It's a lot of walking on hot pavement. The wave pool at TL just about killed my kids - they both came out missing skin and bleeding enough that we had to go to first aid. (We saw an adult taken out on a board by the lifeguards.)

It was fun to do once, but that was enough.

My boys LOVED Disney Quest. But, honestly I hated to see them waste a day at Disney playing video games.

Of the 2 waterparks, we liked BB more since we didn't have to carry our floats up to the top of the slides, but we probably wont do it again. Maybe when they are older... :confused3

We added Waterparks and More to our last 10-day no expiration tickets for an extra fifty bucks per ticket. This seems like a good value to me since that will give us 10 waterpark admissions over the years.

We've been to Blizzard Beach once. It looked like a lot of fun, but it was January and the high temp for the day was about 75, too cold for our then 18-month-old so we only stayed for a couple of hours. I'm sure we'll go back when he's a bit older and we get the right weather for it.

Haven't tried Disney Quest yet; perhaps we will give it a go some rainy or really cold day.

It's not worth it for me. But I usually only go to a water park one day during my trip, and don't use the other features. A one-day admission to a water park costs less than the upgrade, so it doesn't make sense for me. In fact, I had purchased the upgrade one year, but the weather was unseasonably cool, and we never made it to a water park. What a waste of money that year!

Back in the days when a WPAM upgrade included admission to the clubs at Pleasure Island, it was totally worth it. Go to a water park one time, then go to the Adventurer's Club two or three times during my trip -- totally worth it. I miss you, Adventurer's Club!

We found it was more of a pain than a savings and blessing. It was too much of a hassle to pack up and head to a water park (most of the time jammed) than what it was worth. We had the tickets so we did them and it was more tiring than a theme park. We can get just as much fun and cooling off in our resort pool, at no cost and if we want can run up to the room for some A/C. We now think if we have the inkling, we'll pay out of pocket to maybe visit one during our stay, but I have to admit, we haven't done any, same for the DQ, been there years ago and was not impressed but we had the ticket.........too many people like the waterparks and waiting to try a slide or a game, it was more waiting than enjoying. Nope, we don't go for the WP and more......hard enough getting in all the theme parks, and don't want to add more chaos to our trips

Thank you for your responses. I will be choosing not to. I live in Texas and we just went to Six flags Fiesta's waterpark. I could in essence buy a season pass and it would be the same money... I miss PI :)

It wouldn't he worth it with a 2 year old at all.

I can see you going to a WP once but not twice and there is nothing for a two year old at DQ.

Since you have a little one, I think giving a "pass" on this feature is a good choice.

My 3 DS are now older, and I did purchase the Water parks and more for our non exp tickets. We used them for the water parks and Disney Quest. The boys had a blast at DQ while I went shopping over at DTD. We stayed at the Hilton, so when they were done, they just walked back to the room.

We still have between 3 - 5 days left on our tickets (depends on which kid), so they will have this until they use them up. Just another excuse to visit WDW!

Since it was only $50 for 10 extra days, it worked out to $5 a day. Even though we only used about half the days, it paid for itself.

Sounds like you got some good info. It may help me with my planning as well.

Thanks!

I'll be the person that disagrees with most posters...

My youngest son was 2 yrs, 3 months at our 1st visit. We went to BB at least 4-5 times. He could do almost everything. We all love the water, and the water rides. Don't compare it to Six Flags water park (We have a SixFlags in St. Louis ) They are NOT the same.

We try to go for 12-14 days each yera to WDW. A water park is always our first park. We go to one of them almost everyday of our Vacation. There is a lot to do at them.

We love the water parks. I agree that TL has a larger kids water area, but we like the slides and BB can't be beat!

BTW, we wear crocs. They are light weight, they can be worn on all but 1-2 of the rides and our feet never get hurt by the hot sidewalks.

2 years old is not too young for the water parks. Have fun.

For our family it is worth it. We all love the water and it gives us a break from the constant walking and to just relax and enjoy. We get it every time we go and normally spend our first day at the Water Park if we get there early enough.

We loved the water parks. DD was 2 when we went and she LOVED the TL kids area. BB was fun too but she loved TL. I thought it was a nice break from the parks and was glad we did it.

We did Blizzard beach our last trip, We went twice. Typhoon Lagoon was closed and I hope to try it our next trip. My kids are teenagers so these kinds of places are much more fun for them. In truth, my husband and I had a absolute blast.

I hated disney quest and wouldn't do that again ever. Waste of time and it's totally agrevating that everything in there seems to cost extra.

We did Blizzard beach our last trip, We went twice. Typhoon Lagoon was closed and I hope to try it our next trip. My kids are teenagers so these kinds of places are much more fun for them. In truth, my husband and I had a absolute blast.

I agree that your teenagers will find TL a blast. My sons only want to go there because of the wave pool.

I hated disney quest and wouldn't do that again ever. Waste of time and it's totally agrevating that everything in there seems to cost extra.

Very, very confused about your comment on DQ. You don't have to buy anything else once you get in the building to enjoy every single attraction.

In fact one of the top questions about DQ is "Do you have to buy anything else, like tokens, once you are inside?" and the answer is always no.

The only things to buy are food, souvenirs (like any Disney location) and some extras like a DVD of your ride at Cyber Space Mountain.

I'm not even sure they still have the ticket redemption machines anymore. Where you get tickets that you exchange for prizes. which you did have to pay extra for.

I know DQ isn't for everyone but you don't have to spend a cent once inside the building to enjoy the transactions.

One question, are you teenagers boys? Because that seems to be the major demographic for the place and they generally love the place..

Once a trip tops for us does it. With that said, it is cheaper to just pay cash than getting the option. You have to hit the waterparks at least twice to make it cost efficient.

Once a trip tops for us does it. With that said, it is cheaper to just pay cash than getting the option. You have to hit the waterparks at least twice to make it cost efficient.

We will go to DQ and a water park at least once per trip so it always makes sense for us.

I know the OP said that they weren't planning on getting the WP option but if she changes her mind it can always be added on to your ticket anytime during your stay. I know that I have changed my mind in the past about it and it was pretty easy to add.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter